My oh so thoughtful neighbor...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after you ran off the Bible Story book salesman you had some bad luck and then the skies opened up and kicked your azz. And now you want to do something mean to your neighbor. Does that pretty much sum it up?

Just go stand by him.

Maybe he will be collateral damage when you get hit by lightning.

rollfloor.gif

So after you ran off the Bible Story book salesman you had some bad luck and then the skies opened up and kicked your azz. And now you want to do something mean to your neighbor. Does that pretty much sum it up?

Just go stand by him.

Maybe he will be collateral damage when you get hit by lightning.

rollfloor.gif

Hey if the lightening does happen to hit you anyways, at least the thunder will hurt his ears.

I never did this, but One time I almost used Cash to buy a 50-100 dollar Gift card for a Nice restaurant. I was going to use all but like a buck of it. I was then going to mail it to someone I did not like, hoping they would think they had won a prize or fix it like a birthday card to them, not from me of course.

Hoping they would go thinking it was all paid for and come to find out they would then have to pay for the meal them self. That would be a real burn.

I am telling you, I am still testing the water to make sure I don't totally piss people off around here.

Use Cash just to make sure it can never be traced back to you.

Guest jdavis

open up a new account on lsn and put free pot bellied pigs on an add in his name and number and to call any time day or night. worked pretty good on my practical joking friend he got calls at midnight...

Last time a door to door guy selling siding inturrupted me while I was working outside, I told him "don't just stand there gabbing, grab a shovel and help". He left his advertisement and left.

I guess you just can't get good help.

Mistake #1 - You shut the mower off. Never do that. Let them yell at you over the noise.

Asking them to help is another good tactic.

As for payback for your neighbor, I have lots of good ideas. The first one is to walk over and ask nicely not to do that again.

I know this one form first hand experience where a friend of mine did it to me. He listed my first name and number in the Men seeking Men section on craiglist. You should have seen the texts and heard the calls I got from him. Just an idea LOL

Guest Tiny G
Last time a door to door guy selling siding inturrupted me while I was working outside, I told him "don't just stand there gabbing, grab a shovel and help". He left his advertisement and left.

I guess you just can't get good help.

Won't work on the Mormons . . they will start helping you. . then you're in trouble . :lol:

Guest db99wj
Won't work on the Mormons . . they will start helping you. . then you're in trouble . :eek:

Man, I wish the Amish went door to door, I would tell them I am trying to figure out how to build some furniture or a work shop or something, they would be all over that! :lol:

I haven't read through the entire thread, but has anyone considered that the salesman was lying?

This smacks of a pretty lame sales tactic of trying to establish a relationship to the customer by claiming a referal. I would ask the neighbor if he in fact told the salesman that before seeking retribution.

...referred a salesman of Childrens' Bible Story books to my house today. I was mowing the lawn, and close to finished, when I stopped to see what the guy was up to. 20 minutes later, when he was finally convinced I wasn't going to give him $200 for three books to be delivered later, my tractor wouldn't crank. I got an extension cord and battery charger. It was about three feet short. Couldn't push the tractor. Finally found another extension cord and got the tractor running. After I put the stuff up and began to finish mowing, it began to rain.....and then to hail. I finished the mowing just as the hail was quitting. I came in, nearly drowned and covered in little red whelps. If it weren't for this thoughtful neighbor, I'd have had my grass mown and been dry when the rain started. :DI feel like I owe him something. Anybody got any ideas?

Dead mower, rain, and then hail?!?! You sure his name wasn't Moses and that you don't have any Egyptian blood in the family? The books didn't happen to cost your first born child did they? Should'a bought a Bible story! :D JK. I can't stand door to door sales people either.

Edited by gnmwilliams

actually I had a door to door person try to give me an alarm system, and all it would cost me was a 2 year contract for service.

At the end when he finally got it that I was not interested he ask me if any of my neighbors might be interested, I told him I just moved in and didn't know any one else on the block.