Memphis "Call To Arms" for July

Guest jackdm3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys. A guy I know from Germany is town and they aren't allowed to own guns. So I took my entire arsenal up to some land a few hours from here and let him play. He will never get another chance to do that so it kinda took a front seat to this. Really sorry.

Guest jackdm3

Good to see the groups are getting bigger. The biggest difference was the volume! An .44 mag (?) Peacemaker with at least 2 feet of flames told everybody who the boss was. You could totally forget talking with this cat around. And then two dudes with ARs right next to me and eapking. Oh, the pain! I don't care how many ears you wear.

Chance, what was the deal on the lever?

We were really surprised to find that eapking shoots better with one hand. Shooting with our weak hands was embarassing.

REALLY hated to miss dinner with everyone, but my FIL was super-duper happy with being able to use his shower again and wanted to take us out. (1) Was late to the meet because of the repair, (2) missed y'all eating at 1776, (3) had to drive back to Hernando, MS AGAIN. But that's OK. FIL cleans up well, now!

I guess it's for the Sunday fans for the next meet. 1PM again unless anybody's got any wise ideas?

Guest Halfpint

Had a great time, and it's always good to meet more members. ;)

Jack, that lever-gun was just tight, the loading gate wouldn't swing open all the way unless you really bore down on it. Functioned great, though, and the 2 rounds I got to put through it were touching at 10 yds. Trigger seemed a bit heavy, but hey that's a personal thing.

Realized I definitely, wholly, totally hate the sights on my Kimber . . . going to replace them with something, ASAP . . . and that GI 1911 sights still suck--but also reminded myself how much I enjoy shooting a full-size Government model. Got to play with my buddy's new AR lower (borrowed my upper) and found out I love the Magpul UBR stock. Daelith and KimberChick compared rifles and had some girl-talk time--Daelith's husband is a very lucky man, and Jack is too. I would be remiss, of course, if I didn't include myself in that group of fortunate males. Coolest part of the day, though . . . a DHS agent approached me and pretty much offered me a job . . . going to call sometime this week after researching my options better.

Had a great time, can't wait til August, just hope I'm in town for it! It will be time to try out my new sights, and I'll probably have that general "I haven't shot anything in a few days" itch . . . I'm sure KC will too. :)

Guest Daelith

Had a wonderful time. Found I really, really need to practice more with my 9mm.

I appreciate 94user letting me fire his XD9 to see how I liked it. Definitely did.

Thank you to Halfpint for allowing me to shoot his AR...just so I could say I shot one. (Hubby was wishing he could have been there after I told him.) And KimberChick for letting me try out her lighter weight 10/22.

Sorry I couldn't stick around to eat, but it was almost 7 before I got home and knew my dogs would be hungry. They're used to eating at around 5.

I just got done cleaning my pistols. Power was out when I got home last night. When it finally came back on I didn't feel like messing with them. I think maybe Daelith was shooting off because of the ghost ring sights on her Ruger. I did all right with it for never using that type of sight before. I've wanted to try them out but I don't like them. She did well with my XD and let me tell you she is a wicked shot with her 10/22.

eapking let me shoot his S&W .357 but he didn't warn me that it had a hair trigger. I nearly put a hole in the roof bringing on target on the first shot!

It was good to meet Halfpint and Kimberchick. I envy you two. I can't get my wife interested in shooting enough to make a team like the two of you. She will grab a fishing pole and she usually catches more than me so that's not so bad.

I wondered where Jay went come shooting time. Good to meet you too.

I 'd like to meet earlier on Saturdays before they allow shotguns in. There was one in the lane next to me ad it got a little annoying.

Good to see everyone last night, and meet a few new friends.

94: Don't feel too bad about the errant .357 shot. I hit the ceiling myself...barely touched the trigger once when not quite ready. A good wind will set that thing off in SA mode. Not quite the concussion of that guy's .44 mag, but it was about all I could take.

Hope to see y'all again next month!

Guest jackdm3

94, that's the karma talkin' back atcha for saying you had no power out during Elvis.

Today (Sunday) I saw Chris (Capbyrd) at the movies and he told me the unfortunate story of his German friends not getting to own guns freely. They had a blast and treated him to fresh trout before leaving. YUMMMMMM!