Lets See Some Lever Guns

Guest FiddleDog

The whole purpose of natural aging like that is to give wives something to occupy their thoughts. Just think if she was not after you about that she would find something else to want you to do.

actually the door the Henry was leaning against is an old barn door that I found out in the woods. The barn I suspect it may have come from burned down before we ever lived here. And now that door is so bad I am not sure I can move it off the tree for fear it will just fall apart.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mousegunner:

Nice Marlin! While the Limbsaver is probably a good idea, I would not advertise that I use one. It ruins your Macho Image! :cheers:

It is a nice Marlin. I had to get rid of it. It was always picking fights with my Savages. It was something to do with hammer envy I think.

Nice group of Savage 99's you have there, Greg...very nice indeed!

Amen to that....Hidden star of the long gun world. They made the model 99 for almost 100 years. Sold millions of them. Yet 90% of the gi joe gun idiots have never even laid eyes on one.

30-30 with 168 spitzer bullets FTW!

Amen to that....Hidden star of the long gun world. They made the model 99 for almost 100 years. Sold millions of them. Yet 90% of the gi joe gun idiots have never even laid eyes on one.

what is a gi joe gun idiot? Seriously I dunno

People are beginning to catch on. I once could buy all I wanted for $150 each, and I'm not all that old! You couldn't give them away. Now you can't find them.

Guest Straight Shooter

About 3 years ago, a former friend of mine and myself were in a shooting match in a club I belonged to. It was set up as a 3 gun type event. Several showed up with these tricked out AR's, all this crap hanging off em, and NO IDEA how to use the iron sights. My friend was shooting his Marlin .45LC rifle for the long gun part, me my plain ole SKS. We wiped the floor with them. It kills me no end to see people buy these rifles, trick them out, and still cant hit a lick. THAT to me, is a " GI JOE gun idiot".

Now, I like AR's, was loking at some this weekend matter of fact. But...DAMN, those two little holes on the "carry handle" aint there for looks..learn to use them for gosh sakes.

And..per the USMC...the "carry handle" AINT for carrying! I still shudder to see someone do that.

now i c
He put it more elegantly than I would have :-)

Back to topic at hand. Lever action LOOOOOOONG Guns :-) This pic is the gun equivalent of a naughty centerfold hidden in the basement. Look at the hammer on that thing!

The previous forum software resized :D

Glenfield3030.jpg

Marlin 1895 in 45-70. The barrel was cut down to 16" with a Leupold 2x mounted up front. It is a great deer gun and my favorite to hunt with.

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

I love what you did to your 1895. I have wanted to do the same to mine. Only I think I would go with an 18" barrel.