I think my boss is afraid I'm gonna go on a shooting spree.

Ebow1

One of the corporate people (my old store manager), who's very buddy buddy when he's in the store, has apparently been calling for my termination from Domino's behind my back, and my current store manager has told me he honestly has no idea why. Yesterday he asked me if I had gotten any new guns, an innocent question in and of itself, but when I answered no his response was "that's good". What do you guys make of this, cause it sounds to me like he's scared of me shooting the place up just because I'm a gun owner.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know corporate policy off hand, but I have no doubt if I called the office to talk to someone I wouldn't be able to get a straight answer out of them to save my life seeing as how I never have been on other issues.

Guest 6.8 AR

If you wish to keep your job, don't be very

buddy buddy with him. Just do the job and

go home. There might not be a shred of truth

about what goes on elsewhere with him, but

you never know, and you still work for him.

If someone wants an employee gone, he can

find a way to accommodate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest TargetShooter84
If you wish to keep your job, don't be very

buddy buddy with him. Just do the job and

go home.

That's what I do...just do my job and go home, don't really socialize with anyone. I'm not paid to make friends there.

The company I work for requires all management to take foolish little training courses. They are boring online 'classes' that you have to sit and watch. They take maybe 30 minutes. We have to take two or three a month.

One of the classes I took last month was about 'proper hiring and firing.' They gave a list of warning signs to look out for on unstable workers, and then gave a list of how best to deal with them when it came time to terminate. One of the things they listed was 'Firearms Fascination.'

Frankly it pissed me off.

Now on to what was said. Another poster mentioned something, wanting to make sure you have money put back. Great point. There was a young man I worked with, wanted to buy my bike. Had been on and on about it for a couple of months. He comes to me one night as I was leaving and told me he would be by to pay for it the next day. However, I knew that he was about to get fired for poor performance and tardiness. I didn't tell him that, but I did make an excuse as to why I couldn't sell the bike until the next week. Knowing that he was about to get fired, I could not take his money. He was fired that night.

The best way to exceed at work is to go in and do your job. You aren't paid to socialize. You aren't paid to be a friend. I have managed quite a few Pizza Joints. Come in, do your job, don't steal and there is no reason not to be there for years. Working at a Pizza Joint (be it Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's or other) is a fun job. You can have a lot of fun at the job. However that doesn't mean you can't do the job while having fun. As a driver, you have more freedom than a lot of folks in the workplace. Because of this, others can be more critical of your performance. Believing that you are not doing all you could be. They aren't in the car with you. They don't know everything that goes on while you are out delivering. There are a lot of things that can slow you up.

My advice would be to walk the line. Go in, do your job. I don't know how your place works, I don't know if you are a closer or not. Don't get greedy, follow the rules, if that is two and out, don't take three. Don't claim extra coupons at the end of the night if they aren't legit. If you are hanging with co-workers after the shift, stop. This is your ass on the line, not theirs.

If you have any questions, ask them. But for the workplace, just go in and focus on your job.

Guest TargetShooter84

:D, i've been looking for two years and haven't found a decent job, I'm working in retail to help pay for bills!

This is all because of Obama

I do my job just fine. I don't try to socialize but I'm not going to be rude to people who don't deserve it. I've been with Domino's for almost a year. In my first few months there I was working 50-60 hour weeks every week because that store was understaffed and this is when the corporate boy who's allegedly trying to get me fired was the store manager. I was there in Januarary out delivering pizzas on the snow and the ice when the guy who grew up in Russia didn't wanna come in because of the snow. Until my school schedule kicked in I never had more then one day off a week and that day was usually spent covering a shift for someone who just didn't feel like coming to work. I am plain and simple the best driver in that store (although not by much to be fair to the others). As far as my current store manager knowing more then he claims, I've suspected that since about his second day as my boss. When I was told that I was under the microscope and that my job was on the line I got pissed. I didn't think anything of the question "So you have you gotten any new guns recently", but the response of "that's good" to my answer of "no", definately seemed fishy.

Guest 6.8 AR
Due to my difficult school schedule, yes, it is.

All I can say is deal with it one day at a time and just keep doing a good job.

If this guy is an idiot and doesn't like you, make him have to work real hard

and waste his precious time trying to fire you. Don't give him any reasons.

Unless there's something we don't know, you should be just fine. Persevere!

Yesterday he asked me if I had gotten any new guns, an innocent question in and of itself, but when I answered no his response was "that's good". What do you guys make of this, cause it sounds to me like he's scared of me shooting the place up just because I'm a gun owner.

What would new guns have to do with it really?

to be a devil's advocate Old guns could but used to do allot of damage.

Guest Letereat!

U ever give them any reason to be concerned other than discussing target shooting? Some people will take even the most innocent joking comment and twist it and mangle it ;)

One of the corporate people (my old store manager), who's ve ry buddy buddy when he's in the store, has apparently been calling for my termination from Domino's behind my back, and my current store manager has told me he honestly has no idea why. Yesterday he asked me if I had gotten any new guns, an innocent question in and of itself, but when I answered no his response was "that's good". What do you guys make of this, cause it sounds to me like he's scared of me shooting tace up just I'm a gun owner.[/quote

When I first started with Domino's I discovered a very high percentage of the employees were gun owners and permit holders. So naturally we'd talk about guns here and there, what we had, what we wanted, but that was about it. Most of the others have since left the store one way or another, but there are still those who ask me questions about guns simply because they're curious. They are innocent questions to which I give innocent, informative answers. That is all.

• Administrator

A smart man keeps his work life and his personal life as far apart as the east is from the west. It took me several tries to figure this one out. Your mileage may vary, but I find it's much more enjoyable and less stressful when I keep my head down, work like hell, do my job and socialize when I'm off the clock and away from people who might be jockeying for a promotion.

Guest Letereat!

It sounds like u got a real jerk on your hands. If it is a franchise store I would prob consider talking to the franchise owner. Just state the facts and make no mention of your guns or political position. Just let someone in authority that is of sound mind know what has transpired then go back to busting ass delivering pies. I drove for Dominoes for 8 years full and part time. I had my share of Horrible Managers and the like. U prob got nothing to worry about as hard workin fast deliverin non stoner drivers are hard to come by and they know it. Find out who is the next man in the chain ABOVE the dick head in the chain of command. Just make sure and stay extra cool and light, about it.

It is a franchise owned store. The only problem is I have yet to come across someone in authority that is of sound mind with this place. And yes, hard workin fast deliverin non stoner drivers are certainly hard to come by, which bugs the hel out of me that I don't see anybody busting the rear ends of the stoners we've got driving for that store. I know the delivery area better then any other employee at that store. So much so that I've gotten a call from the store (where they have a map) to ask me where a certain address was and I didn't even have to think to tell them.