Ruger SP101 Review

Guest dmayes2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mmarcum

I'm new here but some of the images I have seen were black hawks or super black hawks. The Sp101 is one of the finest I have ever held in my hand. I have owned two with the first being stolen and I still own the second. This is one heck of a tool and trust it every day

I hate all of you!!! I just talked the wife into me buying a CZ 75 P-01 for CC. And now I have to convince her we need the SP 101 revolver as a CC backup...

Don't hate them, just enjoy the variety that's available and hide everything from the wife.;) It'll work for a while anyway. BTW, I'm craving an SP101 as well.

I had a meprolight night sight put on my sp 101. It makes a nice sight picture. I really like it. I put some Pachmyre compact grips on it. Very good grips. Not much bigger than the factory grips but a lot more comfortable. I got a wolf reduced power spring kit and had my local gunsmith put them in and polish everything up while he had it apart. It's a great carry gun.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I have gotten mine back since my last post and while I have not taken it back to the range I have been dry firing the fire outa the thing. I must have dry fired the thing several thousand times by now and even without actually shooting it I do think the thing is loosening up from what it was.

It also seems to be very good trigger finger exercise, 50 strong hand and then 50 weak hand. Set it down for a few minutes and do it again. This thread popping back up just made me go get it out of the safe and start doing it some more.

Hopefully I will get it and ME back to the range soon, I am very overdue.

And thanks Matt for the SP guide, it has a whole lot of info I would have otherwise never known or had access to.:P

45a6a722-8370-f98c.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture of trigger;)

I had the smith at guns & leather do a spring & trigger job on my sp101

He also polished & rounded trigger

All I can say is wow

Guest mmarcum

I love the SP as it is a solid well built gun. I carry mine about 90 plus percent of the time and it just seems to melt and dissapear into my conceal carry position. As winter is coming on I will also start carrying my glocks a little more, but the sp is my go to tool. You know there is always the right tool for the job, and in my opinion the sp fits the bill fully.