What's a good gun range in Nashville area?

Guest Danariel

Guest Danariel

Hey guys! I'd like some advice on a good gun range in the Nashville area.

I've been to Gun City on Murfreesboro Rd, and the range is dirty, not well lit, and my boyfriend got hit by shrapnel from a .22 in the next lane over. They insist that the target be all the way back against the wall, and I need to practice at different ranges for carry and SHTF purposes.

Been to Guns & Leather, too (been inside, haven't shot there), but they were so swamped it took me 20 minutes to even ask a question of one of the sales guys, and I got the impression that the ranges were booked on the weekends by the Carry Permit classes.

A little help?

Oh, and any idea where I can get a trigger job on a Bodyguard 380? The damn thing is 9-10 lbs, and I'm used to a Glock (getting a G26 this weekend, too.)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good place in my opinion is Second Amendment Gun Shop, 903 South Main Street, Springfield TN. 37172, 615-384-5455. Another good place is the Montgomery County Shooting Complex. Another is Stones River Shooting Complex (range).

The last 2 are run by TWRA I believe.

No idea about a gun smith.

Sorry to hear that you went to Gun City. Nashville has much better ranges.

+1 for Stones River Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency - Stones River Hunter Education Center It's busy too, but if there's a wait, it's not usually very long. they have a lot of stations on both the handgun and rifle ranges. downside - Only open on the weekends (and Friday)

GnL books the computer controlled range for the HCP classes, but not the standard range. They have a nice setup there, but weekends are definitely very busy. 5 lanes on each of those ranges. Someone more familiar with it than me may be able to say if the computer controlled range is blocked all day for HCP, or just the afternoon. right now, it's my indoor range of choice. During the week is a better time to go, IMO.

Uselton's in Franklin is a VERY nice indoor range, but you'll pay for it. $15 for 30 minutes, plus you have to buy one box of ammo there. I seem to recall paying about $22 or so for a 50 box of 9mm. Uselton Arms Shooting Sports - Indoor Shooting Range - Franklin, TN

Edited by monkeylizard

OnTarget is fairly nice, but I've had the exact opposite experience with crowds. I have waited 20 minutes for a lane before and my buddy would have to share until another freed up.

I like Stones River Hunter Education Center better myself, b/c I prefer shooting outside. There's not a cleaner, safer public place to shoot IMHO and it's only $5.50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uselton's in Franklin is a VERY nice indoor range, but you'll pay for it. $15 for 30 minutes, plus you have to buy one box of ammo there. I seem to recall paying about $22 or so for a 50 box of 9mm. Uselton Arms Shooting Sports - Indoor Shooting Range - Franklin, TN

I knew Uselton was a shyster, but I had no idea how bad. Those insanely high "memberships" still require a "range fee" for each trip. Wonder how many "members" he has.

Not if you join his Diamond plan at a very reasonable $1499.95. Then there are no more range fees. :D

Actually, it's cheaper than the "free range session" passes that I've started using at Guns and Leather (gotta buy a gun to get one). I have no idea why I let them stack up without using them other than I thought they expired, but found out they don't.

Guest ForPointSix

Academy Of Self Protection

7236 Whites Creek Pike

Joelton, TN 37080-8634

I have never been on the weekend, but the wife and I have been during 4 different Thursdays (we showed up when they opened) and we had the range all to our selves 2 times, and for about a hour on the two other days. Friday is ladies day (woman shot for free), so I suspect they are packed on that day!! The facility is very clean. And the main thing they are stickers about is picking up your used brass.

Edited by ForPointSix
spelling
Guest Plainsman

Yes. I'm a member out there, and don't get to get out there enought due to the distance but its a great place to shoot. I've had a good experience every time. Charlie seems to be a really nice guy too.

More info here: CHMR

Guest JHatmaker

Best deal in middle Tennessee (or Tennessee for that matter) is Charlie Haffner's range off Owl Hollow Rd in Spring Hill.

$5 per visit or $40 for the year. It's outdoors, so you can imagine how hot it is in the summer.

As far as indoor ranges; On Target, Guns and Leather, Uselton's are great places to shoot at. Uselton's is one of the nicest I've been to, never have to wait. I was a member there for a year, but it just got too expensive for me to shoot as much as I was.

I usually go to Montgomery County Shooting Complex . Less busy than Stones River and more or less the same amount of travel time from Bellevue.

Really? According to Google Maps, it's about an hour and a half. I can be at SRHEC from Bellevue in 45 min. Is Google THAT far off?

Danariel, if you're also looking for a shotgun range, the Tennesse Clay Target Complex is really good. It's located off Briley Pkwy on the west side of town near the prisons. They have a nice sporting clays setup, plus trap and skeet. I've never shot those 2 and I can never keep the difference between those two straight. Their sporting clays are scattered along a paved road that winds through some fields and tree lines. There are lots of different stations set up with 2 clay launchers that give different angles and elevations at each station. It used to be "pay for what you shoot". Now it looks like a set fee of $40 for 100 clays, or $9 for 25 trap/skeet. They took some heavy flooding in May, but the last time I drove by it looked liked they were back in business. http://www.nashvillegunclub.com/

Edited by monkeylizard