Glock Vs 1911

Guest Nightwolf

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keinengel

I'll be honest, I think the other guy is getting the better end of the deal. The GI expert is the Para Ord. base model kinda like SA's GI series.

I thought I found my carry weapon in a G27 until I shot a Kimber. Now I carry a Kimber cuctom RCP II. I found I can shoot it better. But you need to be able to shoot before you make the decision as has been said they truly are different "animals". If you have spare time PM me and I will arrange to allow you to test fire a couple of different configurations of 1911. I am one short of a 6 pack!

I looked that up and have to agree that unless it is a stainless the other guy is getting the best deal. You should probably hold on to your Glock and save for a 1911.

Edited by Desert Rat
I'll be honest, I think the other guy is getting the better end of the deal. The GI expert is the Para Ord. base model kinda like SA's GI series.

I dunno....shop down the road from me has close to 100 used Glock 22 for $290 and they still are having a problem selling them. Some have been sitting there since February with no buyers. To most the .40 is more desirable than the 357 sig.

You can buy practically any Glock brand new for $420 (if you happen to actually shop for them rather than [paying the kool aid tax)

You will not find a similar 1911 anywhere close to that price range.

Guest The Highlander

You aren't really asking us a question we can answer. If you were comparing Para to Springfield to Kimber 1911's, input would be easy.

I gotta say, I love me some Glocks, and the 32 is one I'd like to add to my collection. On the other hand, I love me some 1911's. I've regretted nearly every time I've traded away a gun. It may be two days or two years, but I've always regretted it. In this case, seems like the others (who know more about Para's than I) don't think you are getting full value for your Glock.

All I can say is to go with what feels best in your hand. Nothing else really matters.

The Highlander

Guest The Highlander
I dunno....shop down the road from me has close to 100 used Glock 22 for $290 and they still are having a problem selling them. Some have been sitting there since February with no buyers. To most the .40 is more desirable than the 357 sig.

You can buy practically any Glock brand new for $420 (if you happen to actually shop for them rather than [paying the kool aid tax)

You will not find a similar 1911 anywhere close to that price range.

Name and phone number of the shop please. I'll take one of the $290 G22's, and if they have a G32 for $420, I'll take one of those too. That is less than I can get them direct through the GSSF.

Considering that dealer cost on base model Glocks is over $420 that $420 Glock is a steal. I would also love to know the name of the dealer that has $290 G22's.

To answer the OP's question. DON"T?

Edited by cheez
Name and phone number of the shop please. I'll take one of the $290 G22's, and if they have a G32 for $420, I'll take one of those too. That is less than I can get them direct through the GSSF.

GT Distributers

800-775-5996

Take one...take 100...they have them

Yes....GSSF is the $398 price for Gen4 guns

It isn't a top secret....they have been selling them like this ...for like a decade now.

Guest The Highlander

Just checked the GSSF website price list, and it shows $425 for the base guns.

I think I'll call GT up, for $290 on a G22, it would be hard to go wrong.

Guest The Highlander

Ok, just got off the phone with GT Distributors. Thank you for the info Mr. Pie.

They have Gen 2 G22's without a case for $285, and with a case for $290.

Gen 3 G22's are $309.95 without, and $314.95 with a case.

I wasn't smart enough to ask how many mags comes with them at that price, sorry!

When I asked about the Gen 4 guns, I was told I had to be law enforcement to buy one through them. Not sure what is up with that, they are for sale on dealers shelves around here. Perhaps GT has a LEO contract with Glock.

Guest The Highlander

To the OP, sorry we kind of hijacked your thread dude! But it may give you an idea of what Glock police trade-ins are going for, so maybe that info will help you anyway.

Well I am looking at trading my Glock for a Para GI Expert. its a M32C any thoughts on the trade or buying one (the 1911):bowrofl:

I can understand that.

Glocks get to be pretty boring, what with that near 100% reliability and all.

Thinking about trading my XDs for same reason.

- OS

Guest The Highlander

I don't know about a TN store...didn't ask. Duh.

Out of time, got to do a little work. The phone number is listed on a previous page, why don't one of you get the information I forgot to ask:

1. Tennessee store?

2. How many mags?

3. What kind of sights?

The GT in GT Distributers stands for Georgia/Tennessee. They are on the state line....domiciled in GA for the 7% tax. They transfer to a partner in TN for $25

I am still somewhat in awe that nobody seems to know about this place....they are the largest police supplier in the USA.

Its all true I went to GT's today. There are more coming don't feel rushed. Yes they are used for less than 300 what do you expect. I m pretty sure they are coming with three mags and Night sights.

I sure am glad that someone else can vouch for this as nobody is astute enough to believe me...I am trying to pass on a good deal and people are second guessing me. Their 3rd generation S&Ws are even cheaper.

They have been selling Guns cheap for years. They have some TX Dept of Justice Sigs for like $475 and they look nice.

Transfers are $25 only to the Pawn Shop across the line which includes background check and you only have to pay GA tax 7%