Glock Vs 1911

Guest Nightwolf

The last Glock I bought new cost me $397, I still had to pay tax and TICS. This was last year at a local shop in Knoxville. It was for a Glock 17 and when asked any standard frame gun was that price. The 45 ACP and 10mm were more but not by much.

I passed on a 45 ACP Glock for $329 out the door at a pawn shop. I had no use for it.

Dolomite

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GT in GT Distributers stands for Georgia/Tennessee. They are on the state line....domiciled in GA for the 7% tax. They transfer to a partner in TN for $25

I am still somewhat in awe that nobody seems to know about this place....they are the largest police supplier in the USA.

So it's $290, + 7% GA tax, +$25 transfer & $10 TCIS? Still pretty darn good.

$290 + 7% + $25 = $335.30 out the door

The $25 is (#10tics + $15 Transfer)

- they often work a little if you have cash

- both GT and the TN FFL will give additional breaks with multiple guns.

If I told you of the deals I have gotten over the years....you simply would not believe me.

He is right about dealer cost on a new Glock. It is more than $420.

Dealer cost is about $455 is what I was last told. That $398 or $425 that you see is for Military/Police/ and other first responders. They have to have real proof of eligibility and it is watched carefully. The guns are packaged off the assembly line special with an extra mag and a Law Enforcement sticker and shipp only to a LE Glock Dealer.

Guest The Highlander

Patton, the $425 quote is for guns purchased direct from Glock through the GSSF. Has no bearing on LEO or not. Any member of GSSF can get that price on any base model gun, including the Gen 4 17's and 22's.

You can verify this on the GSSF website by going to the information on their Member Purchase Program, then clicking on Price List.

Edited by The Highlander
Patton, the $425 quote is for guns purchased direct from Glock through the GSSF. Has no bearing on LEO or not. Any member of GSSF can get that price on any base model gun, including the Gen 4 17's and 22's.

You can verify this on the GSSF website by going to the information on their Member Purchase Program, then clicking on Price List.

This is correct. However there are a couple small details about this "deal" that have not been mentioned. GSSF membership is $35 for the first year. Only one gun per year can be bought at this price. Also not all Glock dealers participate in the GSSF program. This means you might have to pay shipping and possibly transfer fees. Sooooo this $420 or $425 Glock could cost upwards of $500 before tax and TICS. Might as well buy from the local mom and pop gun shop. Would not hurt to shop around though.

Guest trigem

I just bought a Glock 19 Gen4 at G&L NEW, 509.00 plus tax & fed, Good enough for me,

Good people, & if you have a problem like I did with a new Colt 1911, they have a gun smith on site & he's good..

And no, I don't have any connection with them other then 5 guns & a couple of rifles

P.S. if you pay cash or debit, they give 3% more discount :)

I was refering to the LE Glocks that were being questioned specifically those at GT's.

Guest The Highlander

Squirrel, that appears to be the case. I asked about Gen 4 guns, and the nice lady on the phone wouldn't even quote me a price. Smoking deals on the Gen 2 and Gen 3's though, as far as prices I see around here.

Cheez is correct, the GSSF membership adds $35 the first year, but I consider the other benefits more than worth that amount. The gun purchase program is only one part of the package. Nice hat (if that matters to you), qualifies you to attend a Glock Armorer's Course (otherwise limited to leo, military, and 'smiths I believe), they are a CMP member organization, so you can order guns from the CMP if you meet the other qualifications, and don't forget the GSSF shoots, they are a blast.

The transfer fees Cheez mentions are a wash in this discussion because you would have to have the gun from GT transferred anyway, and I would have to have mine shipped closer. I can easily drive to the nearest GSSF dealer in Knoxville. Apples to apples there.

Guest RedFive
They are on the state line....domiciled in GA for the 7% tax.

That's true. You can literally throw a rock and have it land in Tennessee. I used to live in Rossville (which I don't recommend unless you are looking for a reason to use your gun), and had no idea they were there!

Guest Glocked-N-Loaded

Cheap Para 1911 vs Glock....... hmmmmmm...... personally I'd never trade a Glock for a cheap 1911. A Glock is as reliable as the day is long, can fill numerous rolls, has a higher capacity than a 1911, aftermarket support. Did I mention reliable?

The transfer fees Cheez mentions are a wash in this discussion because you would have to have the gun from GT transferred anyway, and I would have to have mine shipped closer. I can easily drive to the nearest GSSF dealer in Knoxville. Apples to apples there.

Give Craigs a call in Knoxville. I heard they have some LE trade in 22's and 21's. They are a split image of GT's but they are not as nice I'll warn you. Call them and ask if they will sell a trade in to a civilian. They sell new only to Law Enforcement I know.

Guest The Highlander

Patton,

I agree that Craig's isn't all that friendly for sure, the lady I spoke with at GT was very friendly. However, Craig's does indeed sell new to non-leo. In fact they are the East Tennessee stocking dealer for the GSSF guns I was referencing in my post. Perhaps they don't sell new other than LEO and GSSF, I have no idea.

Guest RedFive
Ok so let me get this straight GT sells"NIB" guns only to LEO ,military but they will sell used to civilians. but not any new firearms. Am I right or did I miss something here?
Squirrel, that appears to be the case. I asked about Gen 4 guns, and the nice lady on the phone wouldn't even quote me a price. Smoking deals on the Gen 2 and Gen 3's though, as far as prices I see around here.

They do definitely sell new firearms to civilians; it may just be the Gen 4 Glocks that they are restricting, but I was in there this morning to pick up one of the used Glock 22s and talked with them about several others they had in their cases.

The guy I spoke with showed me a new Glock 19, a new Smith and Wesson M&P, a new Ruger SR9, and a new Ruger LCR and told me the civilian prices for each of them, as well as the LE price, and did a price comparison vs. Academy Sports here in Chattanooga. He also told me they do the GSSP program and priced out a couple of new Glocks if purchased through the GSSP. Great deals on the new stuff--nothing like the $337 (including tax) + $25 transfer for the used Gen 3 Glock 22 I bought today--but still a nice place worth checking out! Lots of accessories and safes and clothing and stuff too.

Guest The Highlander

Redfive,

That sounds reasonable, if certainly odd. I only asked about the Gen 4 prices, and she refused to give me a quote because I was non-leo. I didn't ask about any other new guns. I did question her, because obviously the Gen 4 guns aren't restricted to anyone in particular. Apparently it is something GT has done all on their own.

I am very definitely interested in a Gen 3, but I hesitate to purchase from companies that restrict products from any particular group arbitrarily, just makes them seem like they think they know what is good for us better than we do ourselves. And I hate that. Seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot (really bad pun) by not selling to non-leo's since all their competitors are. Hmmm.

Do the used G22's come with night sights? How many magazines?

Stopped by today, nice place, nice people, nive selection of used hundguns(lots), Shotguns and Rifles... but apparently they cannot sell sig firearms to no leo, don't know if it is a licensing thing or what. but there was a sign by the sigs listing the four qualified buyers. leo's, military, reserves and someone else that wasn't me....

Redfive,

That sounds reasonable, if certainly odd. I only asked about the Gen 4 prices, and she refused to give me a quote because I was non-leo. I didn't ask about any other new guns. I did question her, because obviously the Gen 4 guns aren't restricted to anyone in particular. Apparently it is something GT has done all on their own.

I am very definitely interested in a Gen 3, but I hesitate to purchase from companies that restrict products from any particular group arbitrarily, just makes them seem like they think they know what is good for us better than we do ourselves. And I hate that. Seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot (really bad pun) by not selling to non-leo's since all their competitors are. Hmmm.

Do the used G22's come with night sights? How many magazines?

If you went there you would understand. They are the type of store that everything they sell is targeted towards LE not so much civilians. This is why they don't advertise. I really think it is a matter of they don't have the civilian models of the gen 4's is why. LE Glocks come with three mags and are labeled on their box differently. Every LE Glock must have a Department Letterhead on file for that weapon after purchase. This is Glocks rules not GT's

The 22's I have looked at their before came with 3 mags and Glock N/S

Guest The Highlander

Patton,

I guess that is their call. The "LE" Glocks are identical to the "civilian" Glocks. They all come with 3 mags, I guess the box makes it more tactical for LE? Whatever.

Apparently they do the SIG's the same way.

Still, I may have to break my own rule and check into a Gen 3 at that price. Wonder why they will sell an "ex-leo" used Glock to a civilian, but not the same gun new? Weird.

Either way, thank you for the information. That is pretty good pricing for what I see around here.

Highlander