Let's light Regions Bank Up!

Guest tnxdshooter

I use a credit union. Way more benefits and the 2 different credit unions that I use know me and my wife by name. they go out of their way to be personable and I've never had a word said about what I'm wearing, carrying or anything else.

Great people to do business with and I generally have (when I'm not buying a new living room suite) several thousand bucks in my accounts.

before I had that, they were nice too..just so ya know.

pick a small credit union that actually WANTS your business. they're more willing to work with you and for you than some corporate douche nozzle who works in another state.

just my 2 cents.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y12 and ORNL both have once security feature that Bank of America will laugh at if you ask.

I have a Security work on my Y12 and ORNL accounts, when I do any transaction they ask me for my security word. This was not a default option but something I was offered when I ask about increasing the security on my account after losing my wallet once. I know I had my y12 and ORNL cards in my Wallet. I later found my wallet, at home , nothing missing.

Bank of America had no such option to add another layer of security to my account.

I have another issue with Bank of America security, I once found a phishing site that attempted to mirror Bank of America. It was a dam good clone if I do so so myself.

I tried to report it to Bank of America over the phone figured they would want to know. BTW, no, I spotted it and I did not put in my account in.

Over the phone, they where no interested, even when I got my self transfered to some cybersecurity department.

So as a last attempt, I figured I knew the people at my local Bank of America and trying to be helpful. I printed out what I had. Copied the trojan to a CD, along with some other info that I had collected on it. I drove to the local office. I ask one of them if I could have a few moments of their time. We went to their office, I explained it. That person was some what concerned but run into the same road blocks I did trying to report it. Strike 2.

At the time, I was a pretty active member on a PC tech form so I reported everything I had their. I got the attention of someone that knew IT security better then I did. He got a hold of the host that was hosting the site and had it down in 30 minutes.

Due to Bank of Americas lack of concern, I almost closed the account, but because of direct deposits setup there with mine and my wifes work and all out house bills setup. I just removed all the extra money from there. I only leave enough money there to cover bills now. But Deep down, I don't like them.

Guest tnxdshooter
See, I can't go with this part. If they don't want me inside with it... I'm not going through the drive through with it... I'm switching banks.

Same here it is the principle.

What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Back on topic, the regions here finally posted. Theyre gonna be pissed when im gonna need a lot of change through the drive thru lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I was trying to give an example to what towerclimber37 said about Credit unions and customer service. Guess I got carried away.

In general, credit unions do not charge fees to use other ATMs. But, do double check with the CU you are looking at. In addition CU's are known to have better loans than banks. So, if you plan to purchase a home or car ( or that really expensive firearm...) joining the CU several months before is beneficial.

Looking for a CU myself.

I've been wanting to switch from Regions for a while now. I worry about the lack of branches. Do credit unions charge a fee to use some other ATM?

I bank at a bank with three total locations and I have not fund this to be a problem. Now days just about anywhere you buy anything with your debit card you have the option of getting cash back. It works fine for me. Could be different for you.

Guest tnxdshooter
I wonder what Mr William F Burch would do if he was asked to be personally, financially, and legally responsible for your safety while banking, and would he provide a signed notarized letter on corporate letterhead indicating that.

I think he is retarded but not that retarded.

When will you people learn that banks in general suck and credit unions are the way to go. Unless you do a lot...and I mean A LOT...of traveling around the country there is absolutely no reason to use any bank over your local credit union.

Credit unions = Better rates, less fees, more willing to loan you money, treat you like somebody, remember your name, work with you through tough times, and keeps the profits in your local community. Also up until very recently all the local credit unions were firearms friendly too...unfortunately that part has changed.