Missouri for dinner?? Why, Yes, Thank You.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Guest Glock23ForMe

Well, I'm sitting at the airport in Smyrna, waiting on the Warden and her friend to get here so we can depart for Sikeston, Missouri for dinner. Lambert's here we come. I will be thinking about my TGO'ers while I'm sitting at the table shoving food into my mouth and getting rolls thrown at me.

I will let you know how good it was, and how much I thought about each and everyone of you, when I return this evening, after dinner...

Have fun in TN, and smooth skies.

Drew!

(Oh... and if you want to check up on me, to see how I'm doing)

FlightAware > N989MA

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamberts = awesomeness

And flying in is the best. They actually ask you on the unicom if you're headed to Lamberts. If so, they send out a van to pick you up at the airport, then take you in through the back and seat you immediately. :drama:

So is Lamberts any good? I always see the billboards on the way to visit my family in Missouri, I just never dropped by.

Lamberts is kinda like "Campbells Kitchen" in Clarksville only amplified about 2X . They are awesomeand give you LOTS to eat and keep comming around with sides . The potatoes with onions are GREAT!!!!!!!

Lamberts is kinda like "Campbells Kitchen" in Clarksville only amplified about 2X . They are awesomeand give you LOTS to eat and keep comming around with sides . The potatoes with onions are GREAT!!!!!!!

Sounds good, I will have to go the next time I'm in the area.

Well, I guess I will be the party pooper of the bunch. I went to Lambert's back when I went to Gulf Shores. I did not like it. The food was okay. I would recommend it for the novelty of the restaurant. I think it is a really good place to take your family if you have young kids. I think they would enjoy it. It was definitely an interesting experience, but I guess it just isn't my scene.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I saw the "MA" N number and thought you were in a MU-2. There were a lot of Mike Alpha's in the Mitsubishi's.

Then I saw your ground speed.:D

:P

If you have an MU-2 you'll let me fly... I'll fly it around all you want me to. :D :D :D :D

Or, if you need someone to take the plane while you brief approaches and handle radio comms... I'M YOUR GUY!!!!!

In other news:

Lambert's was absolutely amazing. The portions are humongous, and you bring back home just about as much as you eat while you're there. The shuttle driver told us that if you finish your first plate, they'll give you a second plate of the same thing free, because they don't want you to leave hungry. :o We flew into KSIK (Sikeston Airport) and called the Restaurant, the FBO was closed, and the shuttle was there in about 5 minutes, picked us up and then took us to the restaurant. He said there was about an hour wait, so we needed to follow him. He took us in the "Exit" door, told us not to look anyone in the eyes, and right into an empty booth. We ordered, and the roll catching began. We sat on the back wall, so the guy throwing had to hum them at us for them to get there. AMAZING ROLLS. I ordered the Prime Rib, it was a bit overcooked for my taste, but the service was great, and I'm a believer on "If the service is good, the food tastes better" and it did. They bring around big pots of: Okra, Macaroni and Tomatoes, Blackeyed Peas, Fried Potatoes and Onions, Apple Butter and Molasses, and, of course, all the rolls you can shove in your face. I will go back, it was amazing.

The flight back was night PIC and uneventful as wished. I even got to turn down the PFD and the MFD (Two LCD Screens with Navigation Info) to about 2% brightness so the stars looked better. :D

If you're close to Lambert's and you don't go in... You're missing out.

I ordered the Prime Rib

I've had that at the one in Gulfshores a couple of years ago. Came in a washtub if I remember correct and was a BIG chunk of meat. I got it medium rare so everybody around me was " :yuck: - Dude, your gonna be :sick: and :puke:"

I even got to turn down the PFD and the MFD

Pff, you kids and your fancy smancy toys...............

Back in the good ole days, VOR's were state of the art and Loran C was but a glimmer in somebodies eyes and our planes weren't made of plastic - They were made of metal ...........AND WE LIKED IT, WE LOVED IT :P:D

Walking around the much smaller campus back then you also got to hear about mysterious things like inertial navigation. If you got to fool with intertial nav, you were in the big leagues

Edited by hardknox00001
Guest Glock23ForMe
I've had that at the one in Gulfshores a couple of years ago. Came in a washtub if I remember correct and was a BIG chunk of meat. I got it medium rare so everybody around me was " :yuck: - Dude, your gonna be :sick: and :puke:"

Mine came out in about a 12 inch skillet... It was pretty sweet.

Pff, you kids and your fancy smancy toys...............

Back in the good ole days, VOR's were state of the art and Loran C was but a glimmer in somebodies eyes and our planes weren't made of plastic - They were made of metal ...........AND WE LIKED IT, WE LOVED IT :P:D

Walking around the much smaller campus back then you also got to hear about mysterious things like inertial navigation. If you got to fool with intertial nav, you were in the big leagues

Eh, what can I say... I still use VOR... For approaches... :D

Inertial Nav?!

I heard some things about that... Don't remember much, but it was what used to be in the big boy (737) planes.

Inertial Nav?!

I heard some things about that... Don't remember much, but it was what used to be in the big boy (737) planes.

It's something that is maintenance heavy, but if it's working, it is very accurate. I think it would be the fall back if the SHTF because once you manually tell it where it is, it does not have to use outside sources (GPS, VOR, etc.) to navigate accurately, for a while. Being that it contains gyros, it will have some precession errors over time and you will have to reset it every once and a while............. :)