Recruiters told they can accept openly gay applicants.

If they are a good Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine who cares what they do in their private life?

I agree.

I have a few friends that are gay, and they're just regular folks. Just like the media finds the most stereotypical whacko to put on TV to represent gun owners, I'd say they do the same thing with gay people. They're not all wimpy, scrawny, feminine guys.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...maybe its not that relevant....and weeded out may be a strong term...I will say "from" experience...that the gay men I knew in the NAVY..."stood out"...the crew almost to a man KNEW who was gay...and unless they were OVERT about it...they were pretty much left alone...but IF found out they were gone pretty quick...and IF they did a little grab ass'n and got beat up for it both parties were busted. The women thing "WHEW"...I am so glad I missed out on all that crazy hormonal stuff...especially on board ship...but that was the early 90's...I hear things are much smoother now a days.
Oh, I have no doubt there's always been a "Rule Book" and "Real World." We all participate in that in some form or another. I'm just saying, and I wish it wasn't as naive as it is, that it would be great if we could just move on. Allow anyone with the head and heart to perform the job get it done.

Mac

Guest clsutton21
I think with gay men in the military others who are not light in the loafers may have issues with nudity and showering together.

I see this having a large potential for problems.

Who the hell cares if a gay is showering with you...as long as it's not one-on-one. I'm pretty sure that gay individuals are just like you, in that you aren't attracted to every single woman you see, and they aren't attracted to every penis they see.

Guest strelcevina

I don't have nothing against gays , its just disgusting to me to think about it

In my opinion Military is no place for gays ,females, old and disabled ....

Everybody should support military and only some should join .

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
Who the hell cares if a gay is showering with you...as long as it's not one-on-one. I'm pretty sure that gay individuals are just like you, in that you aren't attracted to every single woman you see, and they aren't attracted to every penis they see.

That may be true but then why dont we have men and women shower together???

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
The same reason we have two sets of bathrooms in public.

Bathrooms cater to sexes. Not sexual preference.

But why should we cater to sexes? What is the logic that dictates men and women be provided different bathroom facilities?

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
Here's the problem. The Jerry Fallwells of the world have convinced anyone that would listen that gays are perverts, when they're really just Homosexuals.

Then why dont men and women shower together? Is it because all men or women are perverts? I mean it is possible they may not have any sexual attraction to anyone in the shower with them and even if they did they could control themselves right???

But why should we cater to sexes? What is the logic that dictates men and women be provided different bathroom facilities?

I didn't write the rules on where we have to piss.

If I did then there would be two sets of bathrooms.....one for pretty people like myself, and the other for ug0s :cool:

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
Because women do not use urinals :)

Well some could if they wanted too lol. But seriously no need for separate rooms altogether though right? I mean we could have urinals and toilets in the same big room right? Saves at least one wall :cool:

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
Same logic that says nudity is bad, sex is dirty, and there are some books you shouldn't read. Basically... no logic.

Mac

So in you opinion it is nothing more than the result of people being tricked by religion?

So in you opinion it is nothing more than the result of people being tricked by religion?

Pretty over-simplified, and I would not say tricked, but I will say that in many "lesser civilized" areas of the world, men and women bathe together. In many areas throughout the world, men, women, and children don't even use bathrooms. If they have to go, they drop trow, and do their thing. No one bats an eye. Actually, humans are the only animals that experience shame for essential bodily functions that everyone participates in. However, this has nothing to do with the topic of homosexuals not having to hide their orientation?

Mac

I sorry to point the MAIN issue overlooked in my opinion :

There is nothing wrong with being White, Black ,Jew, or Christian, or for that fact man or woman.

BUT homosexuality is wrong and the all mighty did not create them.

You can scoff and call me to religious and say I have blinders on. I'm not with the in crowd but I will stick to what the Bible teaches.

Im not asking anyone except those who will listen to me to believe and see the Bible the way I do.

For years now our TV shows and movies have conditioned us to accept Homosexuality along with the media.

Would I help any human in need? Yes I would no matter if they are gay or not.

I sorry to point the MAIN issue overlooked in my opinion :

There is nothing wrong with being White, Black ,Jew, or Christian, or for that fact man or woman.

BUT homosexuality is wrong and the all mighty did not create them.

You can scoff and call me to religious and say I have blinders on. I'm not with the in crowd but I will stick to what the Bible teaches.

Im not asking anyone except those who will listen to me to believe and see the Bible the way I do.

For years now our TV shows and movies have conditioned us to accept Homosexuality along with the media.

Would I help any human in need? Yes I would no matter if they are gay or not.

The all mighty does not handle recruitment of the military. Edited by McAllyn
I R gud spellar