Recruiters told they can accept openly gay applicants.

When the practice of homosexuality once widely regarded as sinful and abhorrent, deviant, and a sign of bad character becomes a trivial matter, it is not surprising that efforts to disconnect it from punishment will gain in popularity.

These efforts will be abetted by corrupt, liberal judges who yearn to make law — not interpret it because … well, because they think they’re smarter than the rest of us, and even smarter than lawmakers. Hence the successful “gay†campaign to decriminalize anti-sodomy laws. (Cunning homosexual activists took it up a notch by making their favored perversion the basis for a new brand of “civil rights†— one that apparently even supersedes the rights of moral citizens to act based on their disagreement with this disordered lifestyle.)

America does not need a post-moral military, but it may be what we deserve. The irony is that if President Obama and his determined “queer†allies succeed in turning our Armed Forces into a driving force for immorality, it will only hasten the deterioration of our culture to the point, ultimately, where weapons and soldiers cannot save us from oblivion. If America rejects God, her prospects are dim. — Peter LaBarbera

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to clarify, I have no problem with people being queer, does not really bother me at all.

I do think the military is better off with don't ask don't tell.

Gonna be interesting to watch. My money says they're not gonna show up acting like Little Richard. My biggest problem with DADT has been them kicking out career military folks because it slipped out somehow.

When the practice of homosexuality once widely regarded as sinful and abhorrent, deviant, and a sign of bad character becomes a trivial matter, it is not surprising that efforts to disconnect it from punishment will gain in popularity.

These efforts will be abetted by corrupt, liberal judges who yearn to make law — not interpret it because … well, because they think they’re smarter than the rest of us, and even smarter than lawmakers. Hence the successful “gay” campaign to decriminalize anti-sodomy laws. (Cunning homosexual activists took it up a notch by making their favored perversion the basis for a new brand of “civil rights” — one that apparently even supersedes the rights of moral citizens to act based on their disagreement with this disordered lifestyle.)

America does not need a post-moral military, but it may be what we deserve. The irony is that if President Obama and his determined “queer” allies succeed in turning our Armed Forces into a driving force for immorality, it will only hasten the deterioration of our culture to the point, ultimately, where weapons and soldiers cannot save us from oblivion. If America rejects God, her prospects are dim. — Peter LaBarbera

I got it. Homos bad. Bigots good.

Trigem, with as many gays and pedophiles as there apparently are in the clergy, I can't really see where god's gonna mind a few in the military...

BTW, folks... it's no fun at all, having to be "politically correct", and not post up all the gay jokes I've heard in the past 40+ years. I certainly miss the "good ol' days", where it was okay to make fun of folks, and be made fun of in return.

I guess that's just the price of "civilization"... :)

Trigem, with as many gays and pedophiles as there apparently are in the clergy, I can't really see where god's gonna mind a few in the military...

BTW, folks... it's no fun at all, having to be "politically correct", and not post up all the gay jokes I've heard in the past 40+ years. I certainly miss the "good ol' days", where it was okay to make fun of folks, and be made fun of in return.

The most appropriate one for this thread is the one about dropping the soap :D

Guest mustangdave
The all mighty does not handle recruitment of the military.

That "might"...LOL...depend on which century you lived in...and what religion you profess...but I hi-jack

Guest mustangdave

And now...to take this thread into HISTORY...how about, probably the BEST and baddest fighting force in history...the SPARTAN'S...they "encouraged" MALE BONDING"...even called it GREEK...

And now...to take this thread into HISTORY...how about, probably the BEST and baddest fighting force in history...the SPARTAN'S...they "encouraged" MALE BONDING"...even called it GREEK...

See post #81.

These efforts will be abetted by corrupt, liberal judges who yearn to make law — not interpret it because … well, because they think they’re smarter than the rest of us, and even smarter than lawmakers. Hence the successful “gay†campaign to decriminalize anti-sodomy laws. (Cunning homosexual activists took it up a notch by making their favored perversion the basis for a new brand of “civil rights†— one that apparently even supersedes the rights of moral citizens to act based on their disagreement with this disordered lifestyle.)

America does not need a post-moral military, but it may be what we deserve. The irony is that if President Obama and his determined “queer†allies succeed in turning our Armed Forces into a driving force for immorality, it will only hasten the deterioration of our culture to the point, ultimately, where weapons and soldiers cannot save us from oblivion. If America rejects God, her prospects are dim. — Peter LaBarbera

So how long have you been a member over at Westboro Baptist?

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
I am serving on active duty now. There has been a survey going on at DOD for months on this subject that just ended. It seems the

majority wants to keep the don't ask don't tell policy.

Informal polling of peers.

Interesting that we have two different responses from current active duty soldiers. This is my point. Its not like everyone is for or against. Therefore all I hope is that the soldiers are truly asked what they think and if they are for the continuation of dont ask, dont tell then this is a situation where the government shouldnt force the issue. Now if they are fine with openly homosexual soldiers then drop the DADT but even then some changes in the shower/bedding arrangements may be in order.

Gay, straight, black, white, man, woman, Christian, or Jew; if you love this country and wish to defend it, do so with honor. I have never been able to understand why people have issues with this?

Mac

I agree. My wife and I were discussing this last night. I am retired Coast Guard she is active Navy. We both agreed that this was similar to integrating the military and to women in the military. It is not as if gays have not been in the military since the dawn of time. I served with many gays from many different branches, and if they were indicative of the caliber of personnel that can be recruited from the gay community then we are missing out.

As far as jokes go I can't tell you how many times I've traded verbal judo with my gay friends at work. "Fairy" and "Mick" are common traded jabs. I think there's a difference between friendly joking and outright hatred.

So how long have you been a member over at Westboro Baptist?
Hate in the name of God. A lot of "Real Americans" are doin' it.

I get that the Bible says homosexuality is wrong, but I think it's funny how people prioritize things in the Christian religion. God said sin is sin and the only thing that will send you to Hell is denying him. I don't want to veer off into THAT whole argument, but the way I've always understood it and been taught is that while the bible does say homosexuality is a sin, we are all sinners and no better than our fellow man. I always liked "Let he without sin cast the first stone." My view is get your own house in order because that is what is going to matter in the end, YOUR CHOICES. Not the choices of others.

Gonna be interesting to watch. My money says they're not gonna show up acting like Little Richard. My biggest problem with DADT has been them kicking out career military folks because it slipped out somehow.

I have known a few folks we called "Hunter Killers". They took pleasure in attracting sexual attention from homosexuals they were stationed with, and then outing them. Now those people made my skin crawl.

I am serving on active duty now. There has been a survey going on at DOD for months on this subject that just ended. It seems the

majority wants to keep the don't ask don't tell policy.

Thanks for providing a little active military perspective to this discussion. I always knew you were good for something! ;)

I think its important to hear what the soldiers prefer - and not just individual viewpoints. I'd like to know what the spread is on the survey - it would be interesting to see how large this majority is.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

I get that the Bible says homosexuality is wrong, but I think it's funny how people prioritize things in the Christian religion. God said sin is sin and the only thing that will send you to Hell is denying him. I don't want to veer off into THAT whole argument, but the way I've always understood it and been taught is that while the bible does say homosexuality is a sin, we are all sinners and no better than our fellow man. I always liked "Let he without sin cast the first stone." My view is get your own house in order because that is what is going to matter in the end, YOUR CHOICES. Not the choices of others.

Well if you accept the King James Version of the Bible it uses the term abomination to describe homosexuality...A term it doesnt use to describe other sins so arguably homosexuality is not "a sin is a sin".

It is from my understanding God will forgive your sins if you accept him and repent of your sins ie; turn from your sinful ways. Yes Christians will sin but if you truly accept and love God you will try to avoid sinning. That would include not actively engaging in a sinful lifestyle. Sure a person with homosexual tendencies may slip up but they can be forgiven if the meet the requisite requirements of belief and repentance.

Well if you accept the King James Version of the Bible it uses the term abomination to describe homosexuality...A term it doesnt use to describe other sins so arguably homosexuality is not "a sin is a sin".

It is from my understanding God will forgive your sins if you accept him and repent of your sins ie; turn from your sinful ways. Yes Christians will sin but if you truly accept and love God you will try to avoid sinning. That would include not actively engaging in a sinful lifestyle. Sure a person with homosexual tendencies may slip up but they can be forgiven if the meet the requisite requirements of belief and repentance.

I take the bible with a grain of salt. I believe it is a guidebook on life for Christians, but one cannot forget it was written by MEN and has been altered over many years. That being said I'm not going to continue down the religious side of the thread because I don't think this has to do with religion. This has to do with gays serving openly in the military and the opinions of their peers.

Guest KimberChick

(without reading 10 pages of comments)

I've heard that, if they recruit someone that is "openly gay" they have to warn them that DADT could be reenacted. Hrm, slippery slope of assumption there. I see a lawsuit hungry individual possibly taking advantage of this as a civil rights violation of some sort.

If this was addressed already, skip meh.