Expo Show this weekend(6th)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either that's the smallest XD I've ever seen, or the biggest folding knife I've ever seen....lol

Haha, no doubt about that.

Edited to add: Second string headed in tomorrow around 10 am, wish me luck!

Edited by dotsun

Edited to add: Second string headed in tomorrow around 10 am, wish me luck!

We left you plenty of stuff.

Full complement of tables there, crowds not bad, and they're using whole floor, no other other show there, so there's plenty of room to get around.

Seems to me things have pretty well stabilized to what they're gonna be for a while, price wise. Ammo has settled down some, and is plentiful in every caliber, and Georgia Arms is there, so there's the offbeat calibers too. Ammo not as cheap as best deals on line or anything, but better than most everywhere but Wally's, and actually some bulk .22 and whatnot about the same price.

New gun sales seem down about as far as they're likely to go, seems to me. Several of the larger places like T&T, but not JUST them, have handguns/rifles for probably within 5% of the best price you're gonna get anywhere in E. TN.

So, demand is not crazy, prices are not crazy, but nothing is a total steal either, so until there's another panic, seems things are sort of stalemated on new stuff anyway.

As always, looked like best deals on used are walking around the floor. Be careful -- one of our own was approached by buyer in parking lot, found he was from KY...as always, obey the law and beware of possible El Stingo, eh?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
We left you plenty of stuff.

Full complement of tables there, crowds not bad, and they're using whole floor, no other other show there, so there's plenty of room to get around.

Seems to me things have pretty well stabilized to what they're gonna be for a while, price wise. Ammo has settled down some, and is plentiful in every caliber, and Georgia Arms is there, so there's the offbeat calibers too. Ammo not as cheap as best deals on line or anything, but better than most everywhere but Wally's, and actually some bulk .22 and whatnot about the same price.

New gun sales seem down about as far as they're likely to go, seems to me. Several of the larger places like T&T, but not JUST them, have handguns/rifles for probably within 5% of the best price you're gonna get anywhere in E. TN.

So, demand is not crazy, prices are not crazy, but nothing is a total steal either, so until there's another panic, seems things are sort of stalemated on new stuff anyway.

As always, looked like best deals on used are walking around the floor. Be careful -- one of our own was approached by buyer in parking lot, found he was from KY...as always, obey the law and beware of possible El Stingo, eh?

- OS

I agree OS. It seemed that prices were more "reasonable" than they have been in the past. I think the economy is catching up a bit with the gun dealers and they have finally begun to realize that they aren't going to be able to sell at the inflated prices they could a year ago. After numerous shows with slow sales I think they have got the message that high volume low margin is better than slow or no volume and high margin.

Ammo is more plentiful and prices are were not internet prices by any means, but not ridiculous like they once were. I haven't bought ammo at a gun show in 2 years. I buy re-loading supplies, but all my loaded ammo comes off the net.

I saw new Glock's at T&T for $469.99....I picked up an OD 26 :lol:.

Found a Sig P226 Tac Ops, actually two of them and bought one from the same place as the Glock.

Traded a gun for a Sig 1911 and some Kimber CT grips.

Brought one rifle, left with 3 pistols. Went immediately to Norris to try them out...lol

KY guy....I always ask for a TN DL when doing a private sale. I won't do one without it unless I know the person. That way you are in the clear unless the person is wearing a visible ankle device :up:

Gonna head back in the morning and walk around with the FNP 45. I spent all my money on guns and didn't have enough to stock up on re-loading supplies for the winter.

Thanks for the review, I've never been to a show at the expo center so I wasn't sure what to expect. The KY buyer sounds suspicious good job on catching that Ken.

I got a nifty little folding knife for whittling (full size XD Tactical shown for reference):

giantpocketknife.jpg

- OS

That looks like a well made knife. The proportions appear correct given the size. Now you're ready to take care of that buffalo after the hunt.

Something somewhat random, but related to the gunshow...

I would strongly advise against doing business with the individuals selling the Osprey International scopes - seems as though the company is "Kenzie's Optics, Inc."

At the gun show, all of the scopes had laminated 8.5x11 sheets describing them, and listing prices - for the sake of this post, we will examine the 4-16X one. The paper originally said that he was going to sell it for $289, but that was crossed through, and had a "show special" price of $269. After talking with him, he indicated that he could come down another $50 on that price, and I told him I would think about it.

Coincidentally, that "come down" price of $219 is still $10 more than he is charging on the webpage listed on his business card, as I found out when I got home.

I am not sure about the rest of you, but I consider that to be more than a little misleading...

As for the show, is it me, or are 1911s coming down? And, once again, I got 20 "that's a great price", but no actual buyers...

I thought it was a pretty decent show. I didn't find a good enough deal on an sp101 like I'd hoped, but I got some sks stripper clips and got to check out lots of gun pron. :panic:

I thought prices overall were pretty reasonable, but one thing struck me. There was a Polish P-64 on one guy's table marked $425. :popcorn: If I see that craziness I'm not even gonna bother looking at the rest of your stuff.

Something somewhat random, but related to the gunshow...

I would strongly advise against doing business with the individuals selling the Osprey International scopes - seems as though the company is "Kenzie's Optics, Inc."

At the gun show, all of the scopes had laminated 8.5x11 sheets describing them, and listing prices - for the sake of this post, we will examine the 4-16X one. The paper originally said that he was going to sell it for $289, but that was crossed through, and had a "show special" price of $269. After talking with him, he indicated that he could come down another $50 on that price, and I told him I would think about it.

Coincidentally, that "come down" price of $219 is still $10 more than he is charging on the webpage listed on his business card, as I found out when I got home.

I am not sure about the rest of you, but I consider that to be more than a little misleading...

As for the show, is it me, or are 1911s coming down? And, once again, I got 20 "that's a great price", but no actual buyers...

If you check the internet prices on those scopes you'll be blown away. Those guys sell at very very high prices. I just walk by their booth and laugh. I bought one from them one time at bit on the $50 off deal. Got home and checked the net only to find I paid $75 more than I could get it on the net.

I thought it was a pretty decent show. I didn't find a good enough deal on an sp101 like I'd hoped, but I got some sks stripper clips and got to check out lots of gun pron. :panic:

I thought prices overall were pretty reasonable, but one thing struck me. There was a Polish P-64 on one guy's table marked $425. :popcorn: If I see that craziness I'm not even gonna bother looking at the rest of your stuff.

I stopped a guy today who was carrying around an M1A with a scope on it. I asked him how much he was asking and he said $3,000!!!....lol

They are taking ammo from people again. Didn't get me again but if anyone lost their ammo to the security the show promoter will replace what you lost.

It is illegal for them to take your property without cause. Just because there are signs posted they are not legally allowed to take your property. The only thing they can legally do is refuse admittance. I went thru this a few shows ago and even contacted LE and they stated security was breaking the law by taking my personal property. I was even advised to file criminal charges but I gave Rex, the show promoter, a chance to make things right. He did replace my ammo for me or at least his nephew did.

Again, it is illegal for the show security to take your propert without due process and they can be charged criminally if you do decide tompush the issue. Today it was the old white haired guy doing it. This is the same guy who tells everyone it is illegal to sell guns outside. He is wrong there also.

Dolomite

• 4 weeks later...
Again, it is illegal for the show security to take your propert without due process and they can be charged criminally if you do decide tompush the issue. Today it was the old white haired guy doing it. This is the same guy who tells everyone it is illegal to sell guns outside. He is wrong there also.

Dolomite

Same guy told me he would take my pistol a show or two ago out front. I told him my price and that's what he would pay that to do so. Then he asked if I had paid for admittance yet, I hadn't. You know how the people bum rush you when you first get there, I just got there. He lightened up and said I needed to pay first before I could sell anything. I said yes sir and went to pay. I have no problem with paying the admittance to sell a gun, either leave or pay is fine by me. But don't go Barney on me especially when you lack the knowledge of what you can and cant do legally.

If he does it again, he's going to make a bond.

Guest RevScottie

While it is not illegal to sell guns outside the promoters have the right to ask you to leave if their lease of the building includes the ticket booth/sidewalk/parking lot. If you do not leave you can be charged with tresspassing. Always remember it is private property and the promoter can ask you to leave for pretty much any reason but they can not take your personal property.

It costs a lot to lease and advertise for these shows so the least a person can do is to respect the promoters and pay for admission if you bring an item to sell.

While it is not illegal to sell guns outside the promoters have the right to ask you to leave if their lease of the building includes the ticket booth/sidewalk/parking lot. If you do not leave you can be charged with tresspassing. ...

True, but the self-important big white haired guard in question has threatened to arrest people who HAVE paid, and for selling guns, not for trespassing. He has even threatened the same to folks INSIDE the Expo who have paid, but not on the actual vendor floor.

I really think that if he weren't armed, somebody would have clocked him by now, and might eventually anyway.

- OS