Ultimate anti-zombie transport?

Guest HvyMtl

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest claysaw17

a Stryker with plenty of fuel and ammo to last until i can get to a bunker somewhere. it'll be stocked with food, guns, fuel, and the good ol' Zombie survival guide.

Guest Letereat!
I can't believe no one's mentioned the Killdozer.

THIS^^^^^^^

I was gonna put up an image of a Vietnam era Gun Truck......but then my memory was refreshed.

• 2 weeks later...

i think my choice would be a army M1117 ASV not a lot of internal space but good range, great armor for protecting against the non zombie hoards looking to steal supplies, and i happen to have access to a motorpool full of them that are already topped off with fuel.

Guest Aces&8s

Somehow, I always thought one of these would be a great zombie apocalypse vehicle

bigdump.jpg

I imagine the bed would be plenty big enough to rig up a mobile shelter :)

Ok, here again, I let you guys run while for a while.

Now here is my idea.

Fuel, diesel

so bio fuel is usable as well.

I have room to haul supplies.

Enough light armor to protect against zombies, could be upgraded to protect against small arms if needed.

snowplow.jpg

Just pick one up at your Local DOT when the time comes.

Also this is well with in reason for most of us, if/when the time comes.

Edited by vontar
zombies can't swim but they can climb up your anchor line and float...

They only float if they bloat. If you can't get a headshot on one, a body shot will cause it to sink. However it then runs the chance of becoming someone else's problem down river.

Guest timcooks

I like the UH_60, but you would have to seriously have to consider fuel burn and fuel availability. You could always have a OH-6 and room for your buddies and supplies...:)forumsmd-ah6-mh6-little-bird_3.jpg

Yea, Fuel will be a problem with that. You will be a couple hours and you will make so much nosie you will have a zombie army showing up about the time you are out of fuel and bullets. Go up and look at my Truck, then in another threat look at my fuel idea. I think I have the bases covered.

Guest timcooks

Yhea, the snow plow will be a readily available vehicle. Easy to up-armor " A-team style" and could use a wariety of fuels.

Ya gotta admit though. Working in Downtown Nashville, I would have to borrow a Loach from work to get home...

The biggest problem is all the "cool" vehicles are... well... BIG.

And maneuvering a BIG vehicle through a tangled mess of abandoned vehicles and zombie bodies sounds like the makings of a SLOW trip wherever you think you are headed.

A standard HMMV with up-armor is about as big as I want to deal with.

The biggest problem is all the "cool" vehicles are... well... BIG.

And maneuvering a BIG vehicle through a tangled mess of abandoned vehicles and zombie bodies sounds like the makings of a SLOW trip wherever you think you are headed.

A standard HMMV with up-armor is about as big as I want to deal with.

Ok, You want me to top the Snow Plow. Give me a few minutes.

BTW, I guess I grossed everyone out with the fuel Idea but I am sticking to it.

OK, I am having trouble finding a good picture. Seems everyone takes pictures of them as they pass.

How about a Hi rail dump truck. Now before you think I have lost my marbles. Think of it this way. One, they are built tough and like the snow plow, it can be armed easy if additional is needed. Still has a large bed to haul supplies. It runs on the same fuel.

It will give you more driving options as it opens up railroads to you as well as normal roads. But wait, what about trains that are going to be stopped on the rails? Just get off the rails and drive around them and get back on the rails on the other side. I know not as easy as that but there are options. May not be prefect solution, but nothing is going to be prefect.

The one that waits for prefect, is going to be zombie food.

rotary_dump.jpg

• 1 month later...

I can't believe no one has came back pro or con on my latest idea

So I still believe either a well built Snow Plow Dump Truck or a Hi Rail Dump Truck. With Knowledge to rig it to run on bio diesel as in my other thread.

Guest Jvanhoosen

Coast Guard cutters are good but you would need something like a 110 or an 82 so that you could travel the rivers. Would also have to have a zodiac to pick up survivors on the banks