Ultimate anti-zombie transport?

Guest HvyMtl

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going "mobile" can be dangerous in the early parts of the Zombie take over. There will be military, police and tons of citizens out there blasting away at the zombies. If you can stay put in a safe place for a few weeks, this will allow the Zombie heard to be thinned out and might nix the possibility of getting shot by a stupid idiot who mistook you for a Zombie. If you have to move basically take what you can find as there will be vehicles everywhere. Personally, most any 4x4 truck or SUV would suit most anyones needs in this situation. I'd look for one that has the "cow basher" brush roll bars on it if possible incase you need to punch through someone or something....definatly cause less damage. No need for a sports car or minivan in this case. Motorcycles of any kind are dangerous except to a very experianced rider. Trying to ride and cover tough terrain while maybe needing to shoot Zombies will prove very hard and maybe costly. Besides, you can't carry many supplies on a bike. However a bike maybe able to provide you a necessary but short ride to the nearest safe house.....at that point, use much caution and extreme care.

Edited by kwe45919

The problem with this one is finding fuel after a few weeks/month or so into the Apocalypse. Im one for finding the highest ground possible and setting up a good perimeter. Probably somewhere in the Smokies or up in the mountains in KY somewhere. Plenty of wild game fresh mountain water and good country folk to take up with and fight the hordes that will be invading after the food runs out in the cities.

My choice would be a Stryker!!! Probably just a ICV.... Or anyother APC that was available.

stryker-3.jpg

Guest Austin454

Why does everyone automatically think car? I have never heard of Zombies swimming. Why not find a small Coast Guard Cutter? Or a sailboat to mount your 50 cal on? Heck you might even find an abandoned Cargo container ship filled with trade goods and food. Park it far enough off shore your location of choice that the zombies never know you're there.

Guest Austin454
Well,thats a good idea. But, you are going to have to make it to the coast first...by car.

Okay i'll concede that point. So we go to a private airfield first. Or make a drive to the Mississippi River.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jared556

By Tom Joslin, Nov 14, 2010 11:45 AM

We've got a new top vehicle for Zombiepocalypse survival. It's called the Critter Gitter — an over-the-top purpose-built hunting vehicle. It weighs 13,250 lbs., has 64" tires and it costs $340,000. Most importantly, it has a wet bar.a6cd0cdd-1c56-5803.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol.

ok. Went in a direction, I was not expecting, but enjoy...

The thing I posted, and the "use a boat" concept, has an additional critical flaw. Bridges over the river. Low enough and the Z will drop intact enough to be an issue. High enough, and you have Z splatter all over the boat. Bet that will be hard to clean...

Again, most vehicles you will need 1. Fuel 2. Repair knowledge 3. repair items.

My thoughts: Be in a place where you can fortify and stay. Bugging out is what the majority will do when the Z appear. Use this to advantage. Vehicles and supplies will be left by your fleeing neighbors.

Guest RiseMechanical

Sounds like a winner to me! I've never thought along those lines but it's an awesome idea. Amphibious combine thing with the low price of $340,000. Where can you pick up a used one with a hard top?

And how do I convince my wife of our dire need???

Edited by RiseMechanical