Obama names his nominee to head BATFE....

• Moderators

...Andrew Traver is NOT A FRIEND of ours. I would recommend contacting your Senators and letting them know that voting for this guy will be counted against them come election time. He is on the record as being against civilian ownership of semi-autos and has a documented history that should frighten anyone supportive of 2A rights.

Obama Administration Caves to Brady Campaign on Traver ATF Nomination | The Truth About Guns

Sipsey Street Irregulars: It is official -- Traver to be Chicago Gang's ATF Honcho. Only the NYT can't seem to spell his name right.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Redstate there was a call to stop any and all confirmations by the present Senate

sent To Harry Reid. I think it was a good idea. The government was sent a message by

the voters on November 2nd. This lame duck session will tell a lot. If they continue to

act the way they have, previously, there will need to be a lot more heads rolling.

The only thing positive coming from Traver is that he may spark more challenges to the

existing tyrannical gun laws. Alan Gura! Are you listening? I'll bet he is.

BATFE was originally created to fight the Mob and enforce Prohibition. Why do we still have it?

And do you believe for one happy minute a Pro-2nd A person would ever be nominated to run the BATFE?

If so, I have ocean front property in Montana to sell you...

Edited by HvyMtl
  • Moderators

And do you believe for one happy minute a Pro-2nd A person would ever be nominated to run the BATFE?

Nope, I don't. BUT, nominees to be the Director of the BATFE must now face Senate confirmation hearings. That is a factor that can't be overlooked and is card that can be played to help our side in having a voice in who gets to lead the BATFE. Confirmation hearings can also be a way to bring up abuses and problems within the BATFE. We just have to make sure our Senators hear our voices loud and clear on the matter.
Guest oldsmobile98

Good to see I'm not the only one who visits Sipsey Street. I have problems with some of the stuff MBV writes, but he is worth reading.

BATFE was originally created to fight the Mob and enforce Prohibition. Why do we still have it?

Right on!!

Time to write letters and make phone calls.

Indeed. Letters and phone calls going to Corker and Alexander from me.

• Moderators
Good to see I'm not the only one who visits Sipsey Street. I have problems with some of the stuff MBV writes, but he is worth reading.

Sipsey Street is one of a few blogs that I read of that nature. Vanderboegh has a few good things to say (esp. re:ATF shenanigans), but I also am aware of his glaring inconsistencies.

Us gingers, always on the militant side, lol.

And I appreciate your position, redfsr. I just don't think they should still be in existence.

I'm not Al Capone, or John Dillinger. The gun laws restrict me from certain weapons that

according to the 2nd Amendment, I should be able to purchase, not as an aged relic, but

as a new weapon. If I am a law abiding citizen, I shouldn't have any restriction placed on

me by my government. Why should I be restricted in their purchase? I'm not a criminal,

but I would be made into a criminal by them through the corrupt Gun Control Acts, FOPA

and any future radical legislation that would restrict my rights.

When I see on Impact Guns an M16 for 16000 bucks and a brand new "for LEO purchase"

M4 for a little over a 1000, it makes me crazy. There's no reason for it to be like this.

They are the entity in charge of this from those laws, and those laws are ridiculous.

I think we read the same paper about Randy Weaver, and it was an FBI sniper, so maybe

the ATF is not the real bad guy. But they have been known to be the bad guy. We may

never know exactly how things happened, but with Waco they were bad guys. FBI and

Janet Reno also, wasn't it?

I just have a high level of skepticism against our federal government that is way too huge,

and way overbearing.

Charlie Rangel is the one who called for the vote banning machine guns. He called a voice vote rather than a tallied vote and by all accounts there wern't enough "yeahs" to win but Rangel declared a victory anyways. It was done in the middle of the night and during a voice vote only those who are present can vote. It sounds to me like a backdoor meeting for the purpose of voting but even when it didn't pass Rangel declared a victory. This is the same Charlie Rangle who is being investigated for ethics violations as well as breaking several federal laws.

The prices have been disgusting me for a very long time. I was not old enough to purchase machine guns before they were outlawed. I have followed them closely hoping one day to have saved enough to buy anything with a fun switch but have settled into the fact it will never happen. Even today if a repeal of the law banning new machine gun purchases by individuals was brought up all the investors in the NFA market would lobby to prevent its repeal. So now I sit here thinking to myself that I will never have the means to afford one or at least the ability to justify to myself the spending that kind of money. My wife has told me for years to buy one as well as a few other toys but I can't bring myself to it.

Andrew Traver, from all the reading I have done, is nothing more than a "yes" man. That is he only thinks what others tell him to. This is going to be a very, very sad day in American history if he does get the nod to take office. He is going to follow the orders given by the gun grabbers currently in office and the systematic disarmament of America will begin. Worst part about it is that most Americans still trust that the government is only doing this to protect ourselves but in fact they are doing it to protect those in office. The democrats are on their way out and they know it so now they are going to spend the next two years exacting their revenge on those Americans who they despise the most. I believe Traver is part of that plan. And the worst part about it is when the government changes hands in a few years most Americans are going to have a hard time noticing that the parties and their agendas have changed. We are at the best point now because at least we are going to have less laws and agendas being passed. I would rather have a congress and senate that does nothing than continue to do what it has been doing which has been passing laws that are not needed. What is needed is to enforce the laws that are already in place rather than make a new set of rules.

Most politicians have forgot what their job is and despite what they may think it isn't to get rich using their power or influence, it is to represent those who elected them. Unfortunately nothing is going to change as long as we continue to vote based on party affiliation alone as most of us do. Personally I would love to see the litte "D" or "R" next to a candidate's name go missing for the next election.

We are already at a point in this nation where most people are so afraid of their government that they just look the other way as individual rights are being trampled on. These same people are probably thinking to themselves "At least that wasn't me". To those people I say it may not be you now but at some point it will be if nothing is done.

Contact info:

Bob Corker

D.C. office 202-224-3344

Lamar Alexander

D.C. office 202-224-4944

Sorry to ramble but I get really upset seeing the nation that I have fought for go to hell in a handbasket.

Dolomite

If you ever thought that Obama was competent, this should disprove it.

For almost two years, Obama has left this position as well as many other appointments open. If he had made appointments a year ago, we would have be unlikely to be successful in fighting them. Consider what the impact of another 50 very liberal Federal judges would have been?

Travor is not passionately anti-gun. He will do as he is told. And with Holder and Obama giving the instructions, that can't be a good thing.

In 2012, when we elect a conservative President, I propose that we submit a firearms enthusiast for head of BATFE. I suggest Dan Shea, Jeff Zimba, Dr. Philip Dater, Mark Barnes, Rabbi Aaron Zelman, or L. Neil Smith.

• 2 weeks later...