Remnants Movie ... A good SHTF film?

TGO David

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a decent movie and yes more plausible than most SHTF scenarios.

A few months back I actually got worried when there was talk of a large solar flare. I realized it wouldn't be a world wide event but any substantial event anymore sends people into crisis mode. Look at every time there is mention of bad weather, stores sell out of milk, bread and eggs. If anything substantial happened that lasted for more than a few days most people would begin to panic.

My biggest fear today is that countries we owe money to will call for all our debts to be paid in full or that we fall behind in our interest payments. And when we can't keep up or pay those same countries, like Japan and China, refuse to export any more goods to our country. Japan tops the list of money owed followed by China. If they refused to sell us anymore goods we would would fall into a nationwide panic because we so accustomed to being able to immediately buy anything we want or need. I would venture to say this would force us into a place we have never been before as a nation. This would lead to wide spread civil unrest and in turn lead to every major city looking like LA during the riots or post Katrina New Orleans.

Dolomite

• Moderators
Looks pretty good. I couldn't find anything on IMDB about it. I am wondering what the remake of Red Dawn will be like. I know they finished it, but who know when it will be released.

MGM's financial problems have put the film in limbo and that irks me as it should have opened last weekend.;)

Looks pretty good. I am bookmarking the site.

As for RedDawn 2. If MGM would go ahead and get it released they could get paid for it.

A major solar flare as we know could not directly harm people but all our nice modern toys, which would cripple nations, supply chains would be cut.