Hi Point 40 cal carbine

AMSting

I held off posting this becasue I didn't want to get shunned.:blush:

I picked up a Hi Point carbine last week. I don't know why, but I couldn't stop myself. I liked the looks, in a weird retro mall tactical 70's futuristic apocalypse movie sort of way. I even got a cheap laser for it.

I took it to the range and had a blast. I only put 80 rounds through it, but couldn't stop smiling. Recoil is almost non-existent, cycling is flawless. The only complaint is the 10 round mag. After sighting in the iron sights, I was hitting 2" groups at 50 yards. And for the price, I would do it again.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi-Point is working on a 20 rounds magazine. I am getting a 9mm Hi-Point for Christmas, with a "laser". Hi-Point is selling these guns as fast as they can make them.

I plan on using it as a range gun, but the ballistics from this 16.5" barrel are pretty impressive. Imagine, a 9mm round achieving 600ft/lbs of muzzle energy! The 40 will be even better! I have heard people call these little carbines "American AKs" or "Planet of the Apes gun". I looked at the Kel_Tec carbines and the Berreta carbines and selected the Hi-Point. I choose a pistol caliber carbine because I can shoot it at my indoor range. I will post a review after Christmas. Right now all I can say is that it is heavier than I thought.

Edited by Will Carry

Ballistics played a part in my decision to get the 40. They also had the 45 for $20 more and the 9mm for $20 less. These are the new TS style stocks. They even had the old style (Planet of the Apes gun) for under $200. I figured the 45 would still be slow, even from a 16" barrel. Between the 9mm and 40, the 40 should pack a lot more punch.

OK, so maybe I didn't plan on it being anything more than a plaything, I can't wait to get out and shoot it again. I wonder what it would do at 100 yards?

Guest highvoltage

i have the 995ts and the 995 with ati stock and 2 of the c9 pistols. all with good results. i have put over 1000 rounds through one of the pistols with one stove pipe. i can not complain. the 995s are pure fun. congrats on that 40 sting would not mind having one those myself.

I have wondered about these too. It seems you can find these fairly reasonable and often under $300. I really like the way the ATI stock looks on them too. The only reason I consider the kel tec is because of the glock mags. 30rnd 9mm mags are pretty cheap and easy to come by.

Guest highvoltage

backon4 you can get a 15 round mag from promag for the 9mm hi point carbines. and the ati stock makes it feel much better. those kel tec sub 2000 are good looking to shot my friends and liked it to but my ati just feels better to me. if i could only get hi cap mags for my hi point.