Guest Big-A

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Topgun121

One thing about the Sig 238 if it interests you, unlike most 1911's, the safety can be up/on while the hammer is down. If you want added safety in carrying a round in the chamber, you can have the hammer down and the safety on. Of course when you drew it, you would have to cock the hammer and sweep the safety, but I am just throwing that in for those who are nervous to carry cocked and locked. I am not one of those, but thought that may help some

Hello, I just made a trip to Mike's in Tazewell and walked out with a pocket pistol that I've wanted for a while, I got the Magnum research Micro Desert Eagle .380 and couldn't wait to get it home to shoot it. Best little pocket pistol that I've shot ( I have shot most other 380s ) and great groups at 15 yards. Hides in the pocket very well with a pocket holster and very concealable. Only drwbacks is that trigger finger sting after 5-6 rounds and looooong trigger pull. But that is alright for a DAO and one in the chamber ready. Great gun and recommend it if looking for a 380. Overall grade is a solid A !

I carry the Kel Tec P3-AT with ArmaLaser in a hip pocket holster. I bought it years ago before the TCP, LCP, P238, or Bersa Thunder were available. The KTOG forum has descriptions of lots of mods to make the Kel Tecs better. I've shortened the trigger pull on both ends of the stroke. It makes the tiny gun a lot easier to control. It's a simple modification that anyone can do with a pencil eraser and super glue. You can modify the trigger pull and it you don't like it, a new spring is only $10 or so plus shipping. I'd guess that most of the mods would work on the LCP since it's a clone of the Kel Tec. If you like to tinker, then the Kel Tec is great.

I really like the look and feel of the Bersa Thunder and Sig P238. I'm hoping to get one or the other for my sister, who can't handle the recoil of the P3-AT due to severe arthritis. I can't see buying either gun for myself since my Taurus 709 is about the same size and is a 9mm.

the 709 is quite a bit larger than these guns. Sig is 5.5 X 3.9 X 1.1 vs the 709 at 6.25 X 4.5 X 1.0

The P3at and clones are 5.2X 3.5 X .75, smaller than the sig.

I have a 709 too, and consider it a large pocket gun (getting close to too big), while the 380s are noticably smaller inside the pocket (in hand, not so noticable).

Sig P238 first --- a minature 1911 !

Ruger LCP next --- very light and compact but double action

If size is the main thing, the Seecamp LWS is supreme but the wait list and the price is certainly a big factor

all three weapons are top shelf, just very different one to the next

Guest Topgun121
This is helping me big time as I'm still interested in bagging a 380.

Can anyone chime in on recoil difference between the P238 & the PK380?

Thankew! :drool:

Not sure about the PK380, but the Sig P238 has VERY little recoil. A pleasure to shoot. In comparison to the LCP, the LCP has ALOT of snap to it and will give your trigger finger and hand a good buzz.... Kinda off topic but I am looking at the Kahr PM9 too. It is almost identical to the P238 in size, weight, and price. And you get more firepower. I may sell my Sig and keep the LCP and pick up a PM9. But I am a big 1911 fan, so that's why I love the P238.

Guest Lester Weevils

Even being pretty heavy, my NAA 380 has snappy recoil and will give me a trigger finger blister if I shoot more than two mags at the range. Just something about the way it twists in the hand during firing that wipes the skin off yer finger.

However it is a very well-made and handsome tiny impractical weapon!

Topgun121: Yes, your review prompted me to ask about the recoil comparison between the PK380 & the P238. Though a leetle out of my price range, I was very impressed with the P238. Good stuff, especially for a newbie like me. Keep 'em comin'. :)

mikegideon: I appreciate the confirmation. As it stands now the PK380 fits my hand & budget as well. Honestly, unless I really think I need a small, fully concealable shooter like the LCP or P3AT, I'd rather forgo potentially goofing up my right hand, messing me up work wise. Plus I'm really liking the idea of taking the PK380 to the range & having a jolly time with it. So yeah, a soft shooter 380 is what I'm looking for, thankew again.

Lester: OUCH!!!;)

Cool dog, BTW. ;)

Guest Lester Weevils

Lester: OUCH!!!;)

Cool dog, BTW. ;)

Hi Ovaltine52

The NAA is a nice little gun regardless of whether I can shoot it. Someone more skilled could work it better. I would probably have trouble running any gun that size. But will not likely ever ever sell it.

The dog in your avatar is a cutie too. The tiny picture is hard to see-- Is he sitting in a basket? If so, would that make him a basket-case? :)