GLOCK 19

Ok, several weeks ago I posted that I didn't see what all the brewhaha was about a Glock 19. At Gunny's today, I actually held one in my hand, got to fondle it, play like I was shooting it, etc. It seems light enough (considering no bullets were in it) and certainly felt at home in my grasp. I talked with the owner and we discussed Glock parts availability, blah blah blah. I didn't shoot it nor did I buy it, but.......I might be thinking "maybe someday". I know, call me crazy and what not, I may rent one at CCA just to complete my research. Maybe the Glock 19 isn't so bad after all...there I said it. :lol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

I went Gen 2 Glock 19, without the finger grooves. Fits my massive bear-paws wonderfully.

It's my favorite carry piece, is ultra-reliable, and when / if SHTF, it will be the gun i head out the door with.

I have 2 and really like them.Ive been considering trading 1 of em for a 26 just for smaller size for carry. Your welcome to shoot one of mine as well. I shoot at vonore pretty often. AL

Finger grooves on 19 don't work for me.

What's more, everybody I ask to grip one, I see same thing, their fingers ride on TOP of the ridges rather than down in the grooves, but they all say it feels good. This includes those who own one, even.

I don't get it.

- OS

Guest Bronker

What's more, everybody I ask to grip one, I see same thing, their fingers ride on TOP of the ridges rather than down in the grooves, but they all say it feels good. This includes those who own one, even.

I don't get it.

- OS

This.

I do have a Gen 3 in G21 and G22, both of which seem to fit ok, but only because of the full-size grip allows my fingers to fall better on the grooves.

Any smaller than the G22/17 and I have to have Gen 2 with a smooth front-strap.

Any smaller than the G22/17 and I have to have Gen 2 with a smooth front-strap.

Yeah the full size models feel fine, there's room for fingers in grooves.

Also, the 26/27 models are cut wider for middle finger above the one groove they have. It's significantly bigger than the first groove on a 19, so they feel okay too.

- OS

Now, I'm not trying to hurt anyone feelings.... let me post a disclaimer, I own a 19, and 26, and my wife has a 26. Honestly, they're a piece of plastic with a hunk of steel on top. Ugly, ungainly, but the first reliable high cap. auto ( almost as reliable as a revolver) accepted my most LEO's. It just seems odd to me, all the time spent expounding the virtues of this " brick ". I mean, they're are so many more beautifully made, sexy shaped, slicked trigger, bullseye grouping, handguns to talk about. It's like discussing the greatness of the 1958 Chevy Belair.... built like a tank, ugly, reliable and would get you there, but come on, nobody wrote a 100 books about them. Look at the new SIG " E2" now there's a great look'n, feel'n, shoot'n handgun !!!! Yet people go on an on about a piece of plastic that's just an ugly, ill-fitting "tool", same as a shovel. I just don't get it. JMO:)

Now, I'm not trying to hurt anyone feelings.... let me post a disclaimer, I own a 19, and 26, and my wife has a 26. Honestly, they're a piece of plastic with a hunk of steel on top. Ugly, ungainly, but the first reliable high cap. auto ( almost as reliable as a revolver) accepted my most LEO's. It just seems odd to me, all the time spent expounding the virtues of this " brick ". I mean, they're are so many more beautifully made, sexy shaped, slicked trigger, bullseye grouping, handguns to talk about. It's like discussing the greatness of the 1958 Chevy Belair.... built like a tank, ugly, reliable and would get you there, but come on, nobody wrote a 100 books about them. Look at the new SIG " E2" now there's a great look'n, feel'n, shoot'n handgun !!!! Yet people go on an on about a piece of plastic that's just an ugly, ill-fitting "tool", same as a shovel. I just don't get it. JMO:)

I don't think anyone will disagree that they are indeed ugly. I don't buy a defensive pistol based on looks though. Do Glocks have an amazing trigger, no. They are "go to war" guns not 1911's.

I don't think anyone will disagree that they are indeed ugly. I don't buy a defensive pistol based on looks though. Do Glocks have an amazing trigger, no. They are "go to war" guns not 1911's.

And yet 1911's have been to numerous wars, the Glocks to none. :popcorn:

- OS

Guest Bronker

kb4ns' signature line says it all to me...

"I have a 1911 to show my friends, and a Glock to show my enemies.''

And yet 1911's have been to numerous wars, the Glocks to none. :popcorn:

- OS

true, but which would you rather have if SHTF? I'm guessing you would choose your XD over any, but you see what I'm getting at.

Edited by Erik88
typo
Guest mikedwood

Glad to see "Perfect ain't so bad after all" sounds like a good country song to me.

I have a G19 with Crimson Trace grips I'll let you shoot. It will ruin you.

As far as parts I think only the 1911 can top a Glock for avalibility of weird strange and even factory stuff to do to one. Springs, barrels, connectors, slides it's out there.

I don't get it.

- OS

I must have odd hands because the finger groves on the Gen 3s fit me perfect. I just pulled my 19 out of the holster to check and my fingers fall right into the grooves.