Gun Thief Caught on Video:::: Help ID

DuallyNewt

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy didn't have an alarm? but had video cameras?

There are people (I run into them every day) that want camera's so they can "see" who is doing it, but don't want an alarm system. Most have no clue, 1 or 2 I have run into I can understand why they don't want an alarm system, casue if your caught by their camera's you might just disappear.

Video cameras can be helpful but you really need to invest in GOOD cameras. They should have also had an alarm system.

My first job was at a gas station. They had cameras covering all the pumps but they still had people drive off w/o paying at least a few times a week.

They never got caught either. Why? because the cameras were so crappy you couldn't tell if you were looking at a hummer drive off or a Kia. They were pointless.

I will put it this way, I like an alarm that will wake the dead. I want an alarm that is so loud they know the tripped something and I hope they :rolleyes: their pants dropping my :confused: to get out. Sure a camera is nice but I want a loud alarm with a flashing light to disorientate them as well.

Image,

110 db siren

Flashing lights

and barking dogs (also a recording but they would not know that)

I detest scum bags like these and as with other, I get angry just watching this.

At the same time, and while I don't want to "blame the victim" here; I too wonder why anyone would invest in multiple cameras but not have an alarm system or why firearms would not be locked in a good safe? Granted; it sucks that we have to go to such lengths today to protect ourselves and our property but the simple fact it that we NEED to do those things (plus as gun owners I believe we have a responsibility to do all we can to keep our weapons from falling into the hands of criminals).

I have a day/night camera system. The motion detectors send me an email alert that I can pick up on my phone. I can then use the web to take a look and see what's on the cameras. If I see robbers, I can call the cops. And I guarantee that I will get the vehicle ID and tag #!! And good face shots, too!

If I'm home, I depend on the dogs to alert me.

this happened over a year ago in the town i grew up in and still work in, and know where the house is at. I understand why the man doesn't

have an alarm is that hes out in the middle of know where by the time the cops could get there they would be gone.

this happened over a year ago in the town i grew up in and still work in, and know where the house is at. I understand why the man doesn't

have an alarm is that hes out in the middle of know where by the time the cops could get there they would be gone.

I really don't see how that makes the lack of a security system understandable (even an unmonitored alarm system might have helped here since there is no easy way for thugs to know whether a system is or isn't monitored) and it certainly doesn't explain why his weapons weren't in a good gun safe.

As has been made clear in other threads (this thread might be helpful here: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/50045-ways-make-home-secure.html ); nothing we do to protect our homes/belongings is foolproof...the idea is to denture and delay...had there been a security system and/or a dog and/or guns/valuables locked in a good safe these thugs may have chosen to go somewhere else or they may have been caught in the act. What we do know is that having cameras isn't going to stop anybody (especially if the thugs don't even know there are cameras which I suspect is the case here).

Again, I feel bad for the victim here - I just think this incident is a very good reminder that we all need to take all the precautions we can.

He got hit again thats why cameras where installed...

He got hit again thats why cameras where installed...

Ok...now I take back some of what I said.

The thugs are still thugs and need to be caught and put under the jail.

The victim REALLY needs to re-examine where he is putting his resources...if he got robbed once why the hell would he spend money on cameras yet have no alarm system and his firearms laying around for anyone to come in and take? The phrase "fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me" springs to mind.

Guest buttonhook

if I lived in the sticks i would not want a loud alarm system I would want a silent alarm. so the cops could get there before they knew it was going off