$200 revolvers?

kesava

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used, you can pick up a few. New?? Not so much. The cheapest thing I saw was $250 with a quick google, a commanche .357, and thats pre-tax and pre-fees so its going to be over $300 out the door. I didnt see anything for 195-225 range at all.

Guest NashvegasMatt
Are there any that you can think of? preferable something that concealable. I keep hearing that they are out there. Can you think of any?

Last time I was over at guns for america down on powell ave. in nashville, he has some pretty good deals on some S&W's and a used Rossi. If you can wrangle up the extra $100 you can get a s&w model 442, but if you really cant save... he has a Rossi 38spcl for $200

$200 revolvers. Are there any that you can think of? preferable something that concealable. I keep hearing that they are out there. Can you think of any?

No. Not any you would want for a carry gun.

Since you want concealment I assume you are talking J-frame size. Smith & Wesson’s have taken a big jump on the last few years. You might find some nice ones in the 300-400 range, but you have to move quickly when you see them.

The Ruger SP101 is under $500 new, you should be able to find one of those for around $350 maybe.

I bought a pre model 10 Smith and Wesson 5" barreled, nickel revolver a few months back for $175. It was advertised for sale by an individual on GOC, so no tax, background fees, etc. I put a $5 hammerspring in it, and it shoots like a dream. TO conceal carry, you'd need to shorten the barrel, but it is indeed a high quality $200 revolver.

A couple of weeks ago, from the same site, I bought for $100, a Heritage Arms 22 Mag single action revolver. It has a 4 3/4" barrel. It also came with a bunch of ammo and a very nice lined, hand tooled leather holster. On the Heritage Arms website, I found a 22 lr cylinder for $30 and change, shipped to me.

Here are a couple of recent examples. If you watch the Smith-wesson.com classified section, you can also occasionally find some for less than $200.

Edited by gregintenn
Are there any that you can think of? preferable something that concealable. I keep hearing that they are out there. Can you think of any?

I bought my NAA .22 WMR mini 1 5/8 inch barreled single action revolver for $160 (before tax + TICS so it still came to less than $200) a little over a year ago. I use it for a BUG and, sometimes, as the only thing I have on me when I'm just sitting around the house so I guess that it is technically one of my carry guns. Every rare once in a while, it might be the only thing I have on me when we are just running out to the store, etc. (my town is a very low risk area.) It is hard to imagine a firearm being much more concealable than it is. That said, I don't know that I would choose a small, single-action rimfire revolver to be a primary carry for all or even the majority of situations and locations.

I also bought a pretty nice, old H&R 9 shot .22 with a 4 inch barrel at a gun show a few months back for $99. It is a pretty nice plinker/shooter but, again, not my first choice to use for SD against two-legged assailants. Still, it would be better than the proverbial sharp stick.

As far as centerfire revolvers that are small enough to conceal and that I would trust for a primary carry, I haven't seen any in my area (and keep in mind that one of the handguns I sometimes use for primary carry is a blued Rossi snub that I got new so I am no brand snob.) I've read here and there about folks finding a Model 10 for around $200 and even seen claims that such guns are 'everywhere'. Well, 'everywhere' must mean all the places I don't go because $300 is about the best deal I have seen and that was one with a lot of holster wear.

Edited by JAB