Wanted a Metro Ams American Classic, came home with this.........

Guest Xring04

Guest Xring04

So I left home determined to come home with a Metro Arms 1911..... Came home with this...... Well actually 30 minutes or so after I left home I came home with....

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know Les Baer's were in the same price range as Metro's :lol:.

Nice looking gun, I am having a few people come out to my house tomorrow. If you want you are more than welcome to show up as well. We are getting together between 1pm and 2pm. I live about 20-25 minutes from Bass Pro. I have a 25 yard range with steel and barricades.

Dolomite

I've read so much lately that the bushings wear out quickly on the Metro Arms 1911s....this is an excellent way to fix that.

It isn't that they wear out but they seem to develop cracks. Keeping them greased, not just oiled, can help buffer the bushing some. Mine developed a crack, another member has his basically disintegrate and spoolie had his crack as well. Mine was still shooting very good when it was cracked so it was hardly worn out.

Dolomite

Guest NashvegasMatt
The grips look similar to the Metro Arms, of course yours aren't plastic.:D

Congrats on the extra nice upgrade.

FYI the metro arms ones aren't plastic.

I've read so much lately that the bushings wear out quickly on the Metro Arms 1911s....this is an excellent way to fix that.

I ordered an extra set for my 1911 metro arms commander, but after about 2400 rounds thus far, I've seen nothing to develop a "doomsday theory" on the AC bushings. Nonetheless, I called Bersa to have them send me a free one, as well as a free magazine... mine was machined wrong.

Guest Plainsman
It isn't that they wear out but they seem to develop cracks. Keeping them greased, not just oiled, can help buffer the bushing some. Mine developed a crack, another member has his basically disintegrate and spoolie had his crack as well. Mine was still shooting very good when it was cracked so it was hardly worn out.

Dolomite

I've read quite a few posts regarding the bushings on the Metro Arms guns lately. Sounds like I used the wrong terminology. I wasn't exactly trying to be specific...more so using it as a simple figure of speech.

Guest Xring04

Before I went to the gun-show to hunt down a metro arms, I decided to stop in and see if I could work a deal on the Baer. I did not expect them to take my offer.

I've been wanting this pistol for some time. It's was tucked away in the back of the case at a pawn shop. The pistol sat in the glass coffin, for many months waiting for me to take her home. I made a low offer, and they took it.

Guest Xring04

Rest of the story on the Baer, so to speak.....

After being without a new 1911 for a couple of years, I decided to get another one. I had made up my mind to pick up a Metro Arms, American Classic. Last Saturday morning I left my home to go to the gun show and hoped to find a Metro. On my way to the show I stopped by a little pawn shop which I knew had a 1911 in the case. I'd been lusting after this 1911 for some time.

It was still in the case, as it had been for the last 6-8 months. The shop employee told me that they had marked it down a hundred bucks. It was still out of my price range. After some small talk, I told the owner that no one in this town would know what this is, and in this economy no one would have the cash to buy it. He agreed. After a bit more talk, he asked me what I would give for it. I thought for a moment, and gave an offer. $1000 out the door, and I would take it today. He refused, and told me how much they paid for it, and to get to the price they would be out 50-75 bucks. I told them I understood, and headed to the door. As I opened the front door, the owner said, "you'll buy it right now for what you offered?" "Sure will" was my reply.

As I came in the door my bride asked why I was home so early, and wondered why I was grinning ear to ear with a cardboard box under my arm.