Wish glock would

Guest Drewglynn

Guest Drewglynn

Really do wish glock would make a single stack version of the 26/27 like they did with the glock 36.. I'm just sayin, they do like selling guns don't they..a sub comp glock < 1 inch thick would stay sold out..

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a bunch of pocket sized 9mm single stacks out there. Walther, Kahr, and Kel Tec come to mind immediately, and Ruger is supposed to have one coming out before long. What could Glock offer that would be substantially better than any of the other manufacturers, aside from the gun's ability to shoot oneself in the butt? :lol: That wouldn't really be better, though...:-\

There's a bunch of pocket sized 9mm single stacks out there. Walther, Kahr, and Kel Tec come to mind immediately, and Ruger is supposed to have one coming out before long. What could Glock offer that would be substantially better than any of the other manufacturers, aside from the gun's ability to shoot oneself in the butt? :D That wouldn't really be better, though...:-\

How about a trigger with a more positive reset, better reliability and less sentivity to ammo variances? That enough? BTW, I'm quite sure it's possible to shoot yourself in the butt with any of the manufacturers you mentioned.

Guest buttonhook

the walther pps is basically just a single stack glock. fires the same, field strips the same, basically made the same, only 1" wide. Would that not work???

the walther pps is basically just a single stack glock. fires the same, field strips the same, basically made the same, only 1" wide. Would that not work???

meh, I gave the PPS a serious look for a while, but their reliability is questionable.

Guest yzfMrLee

I'm not a big fan of the walther's mag release personally. Other than that it's a great gun. It's also a bit more pricey than most of the Glocks isn't it? It is a great gun though. And what's with all the talk of shooing yourself in the butt with a Glock? I don't normally point any gun AT my butt. If I did do that with my Glock though,and pulled the trigger, it'd definitely shoot my butt, cause it goes bang every single time I pull the trigger. I bet most guns (if you really want an extra hole back there) will shoot you in the butt just as well.

Guest buttonhook
...but their reliability is questionable.

how so???I've never had a single issue with mine and I have over 1000 rounds through it. Also I've never personally spoke with anyone that has had a problem not ammo related (not saying there hasn't been) but I never spoke with anyone first hand that had problems. The problems that I have read about ALL happened with the first gen guns (with the grey frame and they only made like 2000 of them) but the newer ones do not have any more than any other quality gun. Most problems you see with walthers are from the P22 and (the S&W made) PPK/S...Not the german made PPS. Now the price and the mag release is a different story and an understandable issue. They do cost a little more than a glock (not much more around $550-$600) and the mag release is different (I like it now) you'll never release it by accident and it is easy to use (with either hand) without changing your grip. those two things I understand but reliability is not be an issue with them.

BTW, Have you ever shot one?

Edited by buttonhook

Buttonhook,

No I have not shot one, but I would like to. Wanna go shooting? The reason I say that about the reliability is because I've read numerous posts about guys having problems. I believe feeding issues mainly. And if it's on the internet it must be true right :) ? I guess I should have been more specific.

Guest buttonhook

maybe...what part of knoxville are you in? and like I said i believe the first gen guns did have some issues (I think) but I've not have a single one with mine. I really reseached them ALOT before I bought mine and didn't even get to handle one before I bought it (no one had them at the time). so far I have been very happy with it.

Guest buttonhook

I think the mag release is the part that gets most people, but really once you use it a time or two it really is easy to do. just slip you trigger finger off of the trigger and down. the mag drops. it works really well and is easy to learn it is just different than any other gun (except other walthers and it is larger and easier to use than the other walthers)

Guest Drewglynn

The pps looks to be a fine gun, the slide seems a little tall and the gun seems a bit big for pocket carry, which is an option I def want with this sort of gun.. The new diamondback 9mm looks interesting though.. Looks worthy to shoot me in the but at least.. Lol

Guest buttonhook
The pps looks to be a fine gun, the slide seems a little tall and the gun seems a bit big for pocket carry, which is an option I def want with this sort of gun.. The new diamondback 9mm looks interesting though.. Looks worthy to shoot me in the but at least.. Lol

Its is almost the exact same size and weight as the glock 26 when it has the 7 round mag (except it is .27" thinner) . with the 6 round mag it is shorter than the glock. Also I have seen it listed at 1.04" thick (????) but walther listed it at .91" which is more inline with what it feels like and measures at my house. when you started the thread you asked about a single stack glock...until they make one the walther is as close as your going to get.

BTW I dont pocket carry mine it will fit. it is really not to big....but too heavy for me to carry in my pocket I carry in a CB supertuck (perfect!). BTW I dont know much about the DB 9mm (maybe just fine) but some on here have had mixed reviews with their 380. so do your research before you buy. :D

Not sure what a Glock 26.5 would do for me that my Kahr can't. My 3 carry pieces as of now are a G26, Kahr CW9, and Colt Defender. All serve their purpose and do their jobs very well.

Totally off-the-wall guestimate, but I would imagine the reason they aren't doing a small caliber single stack is the same reason they can't/won't import their .380. Somebody in a suit somewhere says, "No."

Mac

How about a trigger with a more positive reset, better reliability and less sentivity to ammo variances? That enough? BTW, I'm quite sure it's possible to shoot yourself in the butt with any of the manufacturers you mentioned.

That's usually an operator problem. My Glock, Kahr and XD have yet to produce any extra holes.

Guest Mathwiz

Hmm. Total newbie here so don't be too hard on me. I am just getting my act together on CC so I am researching. I am leaning toward a Glock 27, but I am interested in the comments of the Walther PPS because of how thin it is. (I realize I'm talking .40 & 9mm)

My question is are there very many options for holsters with the PPS?

Basically just trying to break some ice here.

thanks

Since you're a new shooter, I'd suggest shooting both the 9mm and .40 versions of both the Glock and Walthers before buying either. You'll find the .40 has quite a sharp recoil in a lightweight gun. I've not tried the Walthers, and I've got nothing against .40s (I own one), but I prefer the Glock 26 (9mm) to the 27.

Guest buttonhook
Hmm. Total newbie here so don't be too hard on me. I am just getting my act together on CC so I am researching. I am leaning toward a Glock 27, but I am interested in the comments of the Walther PPS because of how thin it is. (I realize I'm talking .40 & 9mm)

My question is are there very many options for holsters with the PPS?

Basically just trying to break some ice here.

thanks

Holster for the PPS are out there....are there as many as for the glock....NO!...but there are some very good holster for it. I use the crossbreed supertuck and I also have a desantis holster as well both are very nice holsters. with the supertuck the walther will disappear. I promise!! I would shoot both and find out which you like better in both 9 and 40...although the 40 is a great cal., the 9mm WILL be a softer shooting gun (exp in a sub compact), they will normally hold more ammo, and will cost less to shoot (cost of ammo). Lets face it if you cant stop a threat with 7-9 9mm bullets your not going to stop it with 6-8 40's. but to each their own I own the pps in 9mm and it is a great gun. The glock is a great gun too. pick what you are comfortable with.