Ammo going up?

Guest nineball55

Guest nineball55

I was in wal-mart yesterday buying some .223 and noticed the 9mm was over 13.00 for 50 rounds. I don't remember them being this high. Do you think ammo is going to take a big jump in price?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gw2and4

Was it WWB? That's been around $12 or $13 for a while now depending on where (Wal-Mart, Academy, etc). If it was Federal Champion 115-grain 9mm...the last I saw a couple weeks ago it was $10.47 or $10.97 at Wally's. But they have been jumping the price by a buck every couple months. A year ago, that same ammo was $8.97/box... :rolleyes:

Guest gw2and4

Was just in Wal-Mart earlier today. The Winchester White Box 115-grain FMJ was $13.47/box of 50 and $19.97/box of 100. The Federal 115-grain Champion FMJ was $10.47/box of 50. Rem UMC was also in the neighborhood of WWB--I think i saw $13.47.

More than likely, it's due to increasing energy and fuel costs. While the price of copper is increasing, that's a minor component, and while the prez' office has said he'll address "gun restrictions", it's not realistic that any will pass the House (and I doubt he'll try to hard, since he'd like to remain employed). Diesel is expensive these days, and electricity isn't going down, either.

1000 rounds per firearm is a good stockpile...

Prices will only go up... especially when the zombie epidemic starts...:shrug:

I agree, everyone should have 1000-2000 rounds of everything they shoot just for stock. This is not your target supply. Also I am not counting .22's those one should have far more as those are great for zombies.

• 1 month later...

i just heard for one of my bullet dist. by email today montana gold.tomorrow there would be an across the board price increase of about 14% this is due to fuel cost.

primers already went up .went down to cool springs today to buy hornady ammo acadeny sports had 9mm and 40 cheaper than i can buy it wholesale so i stocked up they were already ott of 45.i think nost folks on here know that i am in the reloading supply buisness and i am not trying to sell anything here but you better stock up while you can . the price of stuff today is high but from what i gather from suppliers its going to get much worse.by the way i stocked up on ammo for me i dont sell i just shoot it