Made some mods to the Glock. Thoughts?

Guest Len

So, after some researching and talking to people who I trust, I installed two mods to my G19 today.

1) 3.5lb trigger bar connector

2) Glockmeister "competition" trigger spring

The idea is a lighter trigger pull and lighter take-up/quicker trigger re-set will improve follow-up shots, and overall accuracy. (I tend to yank the gun left a little on follow-up shots, resulting in a left/low 2nd hit.)

These were cheap and easy mods that just took a few minutes to install. I can't get to the range today to try them out, but will soon.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these mods?

Final thought. I looks like my Glock is going to be my "toy gun." I've been playing around with various mods and accessories (some cosmetic, some functional) and as a result have been learning more about how it works and light at-home 'smithing in general. This has been a positive learning experience in general, and I recommend those that have multiple firearms give it a try someday. Fun and educational.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace that GM trigger spring about every 5K rounds and you will be fine.If you have any questions go to brian enos.com and click on the forum.They have a section just for Glocks.Anything you need to know about Glock triggers is there.

Actually, I now have leather for it. So, nothing's stopping me. Man, I'm needing some range time -you got any time this week? I want to try this new-fangled spring out...

Cool...does that mean you're going to FINALLY start carrying the 1911 now?

I agree. The plan is to start carrying my Kimber 1911 CDP II and use the Glock for playing around with gun mods. Plus I've been carrying my S&W J-frame 642 lots lately. Its DAO with a 11.5lb pull. That trigger aint going anywhere unless I say so!

To light of trigger for carry, well at least four me.

I just wanted to add my two cents which are...OH CRAP, MY GLOCK JUST WENT OFF ALL BY ITSELF...AGAIN!!! That's the third time just this morning. KEEP...YOUR...FINGER...OFF...OF...THE...TRIGGER...UNTIL...YOU...ARE...READY...TO...FIRE...JUST LIKE YOU WERE TAUGHT.

21307-1.gif

:eek::D:D

It is my nature to change everything I own. I have a Glock 21sf. I put in a 3.5 connector, a alluminum trigger asmy. & a steel guide rod w/spring. ( I hate plastic parts )and a ported Lone Wolf barrel. Life is too short not to have fun and the gun works great. I doubt if I will ever wear it out from shooting as I have too little time to play and too many guns to play with.

Here is "25 cents" worth on slicking up a glock trigger. I have done this to all of the Glocks that my kids have. It works. :eek:

http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

I'm still Old Schooling by sending hundreds of dollars to some pistolsmith so that he can say voodoo over my 1911s to make them run correctly. :stunned:

while id like to do this im not sure if i trust myself to get it back together.
Guest ETS_Inc

You should see what all I've done to my new G19. Let's see, what have I replaced or added?

LWD 3.5" connector

LWD extended slide release

LWD custom slide plate cover with ETS logo engraved (see avatar for logo)

LWD threaded barrel (1/2x28 tpi)

1/2x28 tpi thread protector

grip plug

Glock GTL-21 laser light combo

Yankee Hill Machine Cobra 9 suppressor

I will be adding a set of Meprolight adjustable night sights by week's end.

(And to think, I'm not even a fan of Glocks.)

You should see what all I've done to my new G19. Let's see, what have I replaced or added?

LWD 3.5" connector

LWD extended slide release

LWD custom slide plate cover with ETS logo engraved (see avatar for logo)

LWD threaded barrel (1/2x28 tpi)

1/2x28 tpi thread protector

grip plug

Glock GTL-21 laser light combo

Yankee Hill Machine Cobra 9 suppressor

I will be adding a set of Meprolight adjustable night sights by week's end.

(And to think, I'm not even a fan of Glocks.)

Yeah, but when you can write it off as a business expense you can go for broke. :rofl:

I am looking for extended magazine releases for my 21SF. Anyone know where I can pick some up/get the work done? I also want to do an extended slide release. Thanks.

Both are "owner-doable." Head on over to ebay or gunbroker and look for "Smittywee." He's got it all and is the best there is at customer service.

www.glockmeister.com is also good (smitty and he know each other well)

I am looking for extended magazine releases for my 21SF. Anyone know where I can pick some up/get the work done? I also want to do an extended slide release. Thanks.