What is it with the Glock RTF

Howler

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the looks of the RTF but shooting one more than 100 rounds at the range it is very abrasive to the hand. They do eliminate any problems with damp/wet hands that may be a problem with a standard Glock frame. But I like the regular frames on my 23 and 35.

I have an RTF 22. I love the grip and it doesn't bother my hands at all. My normal EDC is a 3rd Gen 19 but I've carried it (the 22) on occasion. The only issue I've had is that I was wearing it owb in a holster with a suit and tie and the grip is so sticky it made the gun stick to my jacket when getting up from a table at a restaurant one day. I've never had that issue with my 19 or my Gen 4 17. I really like the RTF for range/home defense, but it's not my first choice for a primary carry.

Edited by JReedEsq
Guest yzfMrLee

I have an rtf g19. It's my primary carry. I took some fine grit sandpaper to the left side of the grip as it can rub on my side when carrying and that's not really the part of the grip that I . . . . well. . . . grip, when shooting. Made carrying it great for me. I really like it.

Guest That Guy

I kind of like the frame texture, though I could see it grabbing/rubbing for carry; especially IWB. Not a big fan of the cocking serrations. There is just something about clean, vertical lines I find appealing. However, I do like the price of the RTF's. About $450 new.

I agree with JReedEsq and cannonball, I'm not a fan of RTF Glocks Have a 19/22/30 and have no problems with the grips at all. I find thr RTF really uncomfortable, but that's just my opinion.

I actually am a fan of the RTF. It's just not my first choice for carry since it can abrade and/or snag on clothing. If I didn't wear dressy clothes I wouldn't hesitate to carry an RTF. For carry, the Gen 4 texture is just about perfect. That said, my Gen 3 19 is still my main carry and even though I like the feel of my Gen 4 17, it's not enough of an improvement to make me want to trade in my Gen 3 19.

Edited by JReedEsq
I kind of like the frame texture, though I could see it grabbing/rubbing for carry; especially IWB. Not a big fan of the cocking serrations. There is just something about clean, vertical lines I find appealing. However, I do like the price of the RTF's. About $450 new.

i dont like the fish gills, they should have called it WTF instead of RTF. They need to stick with the straight serrations.

Guest yzfMrLee
i dont like the fish gills, they should have called it WTF instead of RTF. They need to stick with the straight serrations.

Yeah I don't have a fish gill one. Mine has the plain serrations.

The last Factory armorer class I attended a rep said that the slide "gills" were an issue argued between the Austrian designers and the America designers.

The gills offered more bite for charging the pistol when turned 180 deg which is what the Americans argued. Austrians thought they looked better the way they are now.

We all see who won the argument.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrCleaner30

Yeah the talon slide serrations are definately cool. I agree with most that the grip texture of the RTF is just too aggressive...I have two Gen4 Glocks and they really got it right with the more comfortable grip texture. If only Glock put the RTF slide on the Gen4 frame :shhh:. But then again Glock probably already thought of that and decided it would look too good and they dont want to lose the reputation of being just plain ugly lol...

Guest Aanayab1

220 grit sand paper takes the sharpness to a more manageable texture and also stops the sticking/hanging on clothes issue. I have the RTF2 and love it. I have set training days and shoot on them no matter the weather. The RTF2 grip holds like Velcro even in the hardest rain/snow. My opinion on the looks of the fish gills vs the vertical is that looks don't really matter it is functionality that ultimately matters and they both function well for me.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

They had a RTF Glock of some variety or another for sale when I went to the range today. It was the first Glock I have ever had any positive feelings about holding. The aggressiveness works for me, though perhaps after an extended shooting session I would want to make it a bit less intense. Still has that same grip angle, though. Oh well...

Guest TnValleyBulletman

I don't like the RTF at all but the RTF2 is OK. But I see no reason to trade in my old 19 for one with RTF2.

I don't fix what isn't broken.