Beauty Queen kills intruder

Maybe there was one shot to the back but it sounds like there were two or three more to the front. Further, the intruder was very much in their home. It isn't like she shot the guy five times in the back as he was going out their front door (and, if he had just broken into their home, dragged her around by the face and attacked her fiance then he was definitely a valid threat regardless of which way he was facing at the time.)

All that said, the fiance sounds like something of a douche, himself. Just saying that his fiance has an expensive ring and that the pizza guy has seen the inside of their home and probably knew that there were some valuable things in there wasn't enough. He had to throw in that the engagement ring cost $60,000 - and what kind of jackass routinely pays for delivered pizzas with $100 bills unless they are trying to show off? I mean, doing that once if you haven't had a chance to break a hundred is one thing but it sounds like this guy does it regularly. I'm not saying that they deserved to have their home invaded but when you shove the fact that you have money to spare into everyone's face every chance you get, don't be surprised if one or two unscrupulous folks decide they might want some of that moolah for themselves.

I also hate to be the 'doubting Thomas' but something about this whole story smacks a bit of one of those 'true crime' shows. You know, where they discuss real cases. I can just see one of those focusing on how, at first, it seemed like the cute, little beauty queen was defending herself and her fiance from a random home invader but it later turns out that the fiance had actually hired the thug to kill his girlfriend (so he could collect on a hefty life insurance policy), the thug was supposed to give the fiance a good ass-whoopin' before killing the girl to remove police suspicion from the fiance and the fiance forgot about that little, pink .38 (or was counting on the girl not being able to get to it or use it well enough to kill the thug.) Yeah, I probably just watch too many of those real foreniscs and real detective shows when nothing else is on in the wee hours of the morning.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is mean to say I dont think someone is pretty when they arent? I just dont think she is pretty bottom line. I have seen girls around here never been in beauty pageants their whole life that look alot better than her. She just has that dog looking face like an actual dog so to speak.

Really???

She looks pretty good to me; then again, every year I get older my standards for "beauty" seem to get lower; or maybe it's just my expectations. :)

A prosecutor will try and say well he had his back turned to her which means he was fleeing (you and I both know that isnt the case) therefore it is murder. A prosecutor and a good one could have a field day with this I think.

I think you're wrong. Florida self defense laws are a gun owners wet dream practically. Thug attacks beauty queen and her fiancee in their home in the middle of the night? She could have executed him in the back of the head point blank and no jury would convict her.

I also hate to be the 'doubting Thomas' but something about this whole story smacks a bit of one of those 'true crime' shows. You know, where they discuss real cases. I can just see one of those focusing on how, at first, it seemed like the cute, little beauty queen was defending herself and her fiance from a random home invader but it later turns out that the fiance had actually hired the thug to kill his girlfriend (so he could collect on a hefty life insurance policy), the thug was supposed to give the fiance a good ass-whoopin' before killing the girl to remove police suspicion from the fiance and the fiance forgot about that little, pink .38 (or was counting on the girl not being able to get to it or use it well enough to kill the thug.) Yeah, I probably just watch too many of those real foreniscs and real detective shows when nothing else is on in the wee hours of the morning.

Something about this strikes me as odd about this when I read it too. Not a "Murder for hire" plot... but something maybe drugs or money related. Guy came to collect money or send a message... maybe buy something and the deal went south. The whole "opening the door a 3am" just strikes me as weird.

"Honey... would you go get the door for me?" At 3AM?!?! :)

I just can't help but think the guy who owns the house may have been up to a little something. I don't know... it just got my spider sense tingling. Interesting to see how this plays out.

Something about this strikes me as odd about this when I read it too. Not a "Murder for hire" plot... but something maybe drugs or money related. Guy came to collect money or send a message... maybe buy something and the deal went south. The whole "opening the door a 3am" just strikes me as weird.

"Honey... would you go get the door for me?" At 3AM?!?! :)

I just can't help but think the guy who owns the house may have been up to a little something. I don't know... it just got my spider sense tingling. Interesting to see how this plays out.

maybe he just didn't wake up and she took it upon herself to go open the door. I sleep like a rock. Once slept though our home alarm going off. If he was really up to something I'm pretty sure he could have just killed the girl and blamed it on the intruder.

maybe he just didn't wake up and she took it upon herself to go open the door.

Maybe... I know if there is a knock at the door anytime at night my wife wakes me. Raccoon, dog, house creaking, clown holding an axe peering through the window, guy in a raincoat holding a pitchfork, etc. I get woke up. LOL!!

I am tried but I noticed, FL Castle Doctrine, even covers, occupied vehicle.

“Dwelling†means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night.

I know we have had discussions on attached porches before, I don't carry to bring up that thread.

If anyone wants to compare, I looked up TN's http://state.tn.us/sos/acts/105/pub/pc0210.pdf

Check, wiki here

Castle doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the part about possible Immunity from civil lawsuit, I know people tend to ask about this and I know there is no clear answer. It is a case by case, state by state item.

I am tried but I noticed, FL Castle Doctrine, even covers, occupied vehicle.

All 50 states (That’s a WAG), even the ones that don’t acknowledge the Castle Doctrine, cover an occupied vehicle if I am in immediate danger of death or great bodily harm.

Castle law is a good thing to have; but it’s not a free pass and it doesn't create a free fire zone.

Read the part about possible Immunity from civil lawsuit, I know people tend to ask about this and I know there is no clear answer. It is a case by case, state by state item.

Tennessee has laws addressing that. The problem I see with Tennessee law is that it requires a ruling that you were justified. If you have a good shoot, generally you just aren’t charged. I don’t know that a DA can make a “Ruling†that you were justified or in some cases if he would want to. So you can still end up in civil court. I don’t have access to Tennessee case law and haven’t seen anything posted on this by someone that does.

This intruder drug this woman upstairs and then beat her boy friend. No one is going to charge her with anything. Good for her. thumbsup.gif