• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drv2fst

so you carry it around your neck??? and it's aimed at your face the entire time??? and it's well concealed flopping around under your shirt????? and it has the tactical advantage that anyone else in the room can draw it just as easily as you can????

I don't get it.

so you carry it around your neck??? and it's aimed at your face the entire time???

Is that how you're supposed to carry ANY handgun with a lanyard? Around your neck?

Don't be obtuse.

I would imagine it's supposed to attach to your belt loop during pocket carry, and as you remove the pistol from your pocket, the MIC would come off by the lanyard pulling it, and it would then be ready. That's what I would think would be "proper" use of it.

Guest drv2fst
Is that how you're supposed to carry ANY handgun with a lanyard? Around your neck?

Don't be obtuse.

I would imagine it's supposed to attach to your belt loop during pocket carry, and as you remove the pistol from your pocket, the MIC would come off by the lanyard pulling it, and it would then be ready. That's what I would think would be "proper" use of it.

I guess I was out in the sun too long today. Yes, the lanyard to the belt loop does seem like a better use for it. I still wouldn't carry that way but at least it's not that crazy scenario i thought they were suggesting.

I see it as a cover for the trigger to prevent accidental discharges. I can see the advantage and actually like the idea.

To me it is for those who carry in awkward places but want the extra safety of having the trigger covered up. Nothing worse than trying to reach for your weapon only to hit the trigger yourself and ending the fight prematurely. Or imagine in a vehicle, you could toss your gun with the guard on into the center console and tie the lanyard off somewhere. That way there is little danger when you are rummaging through the center console for items yet as you pull on the gun the lanyard pulls on the cover and it breaks free. Or how about as a extra safety measure for when you have little ones. Little hands would probably have a hard time taking the cover off if they ever got a hold of it. I really like the idea for when you store your firearm in an area you can't see but must feel for your gun. Or at night when you are trying to frantically get to your weapon, I know if it weren't for the thumb safety on my 1911 I would have fired it on at least one occassion.

The only problem I have is from the looks of it I would be concerned it might be too tight on those pistols. But other than that I can see having it being more of an advantage than not having it.

Dolomite

I guess I was out in the sun too long today. Yes, the lanyard to the belt loop does seem like a better use for it. I still wouldn't carry that way but at least it's not that crazy scenario i thought they were suggesting.

Don't feel bad man. I thought the same thing when I saw it. I was totally shocked with the idea of carrying around a Glock by the trigger guard with a shoestring around the neck. The belt loop does make more sense, but I just don't see the need for it myself.

Dolomite hit what I though on the head. My Kahr CW-9 is the largerst pistol that I can find a pocket holster for. I frequently lay it in the console of the car or door pocket of the truck in it's pocket holster which keeps the trigger covered. I've looked for a pocket holster for my G-19 but no one makes one since it's too large for a pocket. This would allow me to vehicle carry the Glock.

Dolomite hit what I though on the head. My Kahr CW-9 is the largerst pistol that I can find a pocket holster for. I frequently lay it in the console of the car or door pocket of the truck in it's pocket holster which keeps the trigger covered. I've looked for a pocket holster for my G-19 but no one makes one since it's too large for a pocket. This would allow me to vehicle carry the Glock.

actually these guys make pocket holsters for the G19

Ambi-Holsters