Glock 19 question

z90HD

Your wife is awesome and that's a really sweet deal. Do you plan to run the serial number through your local LEO?

P.S. - If it comes back clean, I'll give your wife $300 for it. :D

well I just got done cleaning it and plan on firing it tomorrow weather permitting. As far as running numbers im not sure yet. I do have a personal LEO friend and talked to him last night about the numbers. He simply told me if he runs them and the come back bad he has to recover the gun and I do not want that to happen. We bought it on good faith and I want to keep it that way. Now as far as selling, I dont think it will be going anywhere. I want her to get used to carrying something a bit bigger than her P22. This G19 might just be the one for her.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really if you were to get checked out by the Police and the numbers came back stolen the worst that would happen is they would recover it. Every year you keep it the chances of that happening become less and less as info needs to be updated yearly on NCIC. I seriously doubt a pos of stolen property charge would be brought against you much less prosecuted. I would be more concearned if that guns balistics could be linked to a shooting or crime, Thats a whole different can of worms.

Really if you were to get checked out by the Police and the numbers came back stolen the worst that would happen is they would recover it. Every year you keep it the chances of that happening become less and less as info needs to be updated yearly on NCIC. I seriously doubt a pos of stolen property charge would be brought against you much less prosecuted. I would be more concearned if that guns balistics could be linked to a shooting or crime, Thats a whole different can of worms.

I agree totally. With this guys background, it'd make me a bit nervous about the

weapons background. I work in LE myself, and would want to clear this up, personally,

before I bought it. A problem now will go down better now than later.

FWIW, my wife is a much better negotiator than I am as well. She could talk a squirrel

down out of a hickory tree. LOL

Hope all works out for the best.

As stated by another poster, I'm not the biggest Glock fan. Owned a GL22, my duty

weapon is a GL22. Good gun, very reliable, just like my XDm 40 much better. To each

his/her own. Enjoy!

Hello all,

I was offered a Glock 19 today. Not sure what generation it is but the guy only wants 250 for it. Good deal or not. I need your thoughts on this one. I will be looking at it tomorrow

Thanks

Sounds too good to be true, but yeah, great price! Super duper handgun but I am a prejudiced G19 owner...

Ok, here's the scoop on todays transaction. I met with the dude looked the gun over and asked if I can tear it down. No problem there. I again asked if 250 was the price and he said yes. I let the wife check it out as she was paying for this one and she gave me the go ahead sign. Now the funny part, I asked why so cheap and he said he sells a lot of pot and was already a convicted fellon and did not want the gun. I asked if he was willing to do a transfer and he said no problem but he did not want the headache of his prior problems and I agreed. The wife suprised me and whipped out a pre typed bill of sale and asked for his ID, got all his info, signed,dated and all went well.

Now for the real clincher that will piss a lot of you off. The wife is my negotiator, and she wont pay asking price for anything, So we walked away with a nice G19 for $225. Today was a good day

Heck, your wife could make a living as a negotiator for hire! Good luck and have fun with the Glock.

Guest J.D. Skull

That gun sounds scary to me. It will probley wait till you go to sleep then shoot you both! I'd put trigger guard on it and lock it in the gun safe.:rolleyes::D

Is that LE/Military Glock Program?

Yuppers but I like to throw it out there for people just in case they have a family member or friend in the service that they can get to help them in this regard. It's also a good measure of used prices.

I want to know how you found this deal...? friend of a friend... someone you "know" lol im a nosey basterd...

You got it. I have a friend in the knoxville area who does from time to time call me with weapons of special interest for sale.

In fact this same guy is the one who got me started in owning firearms. He came to my work one day with and old marlin 60. He was selling for a friend of his. The price was $60. I talked him down to $35 and no cash was exchanged. I simply just traded some of my labor time to do some work on his car. The deal worked out for both of us.

The same friend once offered me a Titan Tiger in .38 special for $70. I never heard of this brand before so I called in my gun guru. He looked at it and said it was worth the price, until he grabbed the barrel and gave it a slight twist. I just fell right out of the frame and after taking another look, someone started filing down the serial #s. Needless to say I made a call on that one to another friend who jumped all over it. I wanted no part of that one.

that is a great deal but I would be really nervous about potentially having a stolen gun. I would have your LEO friend run the number.

At the very minimum I would run it myself using this website.

HotGunz Stolen Firearms Database[/quote

I used this site and so far it has a clean bill of health.

Well, there's all of 2640 guns listed, for whole United States, all of 2 recovered. Wow.

Well over 100,000 per year are reported stolen in US.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Just because of the low price doesn't make it hot. You might have actually got a good deal.

It happens.

it wasn't necessarily the price that concerned me but instead the circumstances under which he bought it. The guy is a felon and a drug dealer. That's why I would be concerned.

I understand that concern, but I would still buy the gun. A lot of folks wouldn't, though.

Thank You 6.8 AR for seeing it my way. I just want some of you to understand something about me. I grew up on the streets on Chicago. Not in the burbs but in the city. I grew to learn people and feel them out. I can tell you this, If I felt it was a bad deal I would have walked away from it, no matter how cheap it was. As long as the dude was willing to do a bill of sale and show me his I.D. Im happy with the situation. And just becasuse he is a con and a dope dealer that was of no concern to me, Hey he's gotta live with what he does. How many friends did I grow up with in the City that were dope dealers, and how many of my childhood friends spent YEARS in jail for shooting cab drivers at the age of 15 just to get into the street gangs. My point, It dont matter what you do to survive, Its what I feel is right.

Ok so now im getting way off topic of my own post. I got a super deal on a fine firearm and I would do it again if it feels right.

Or get it back to the rightful owner if it was stolen.

I think my reply will sum this up really quick. For the last 8 weeks now I have been attending the BCSO Citizens Academy and finally was able to have our clalss moderator run those Glock serial #'s.

Well the news is in ( drum roll please)

<<>>

<<>>

<<>>

<<>>

I am now the current owner of a free and clear Glock 19.

The only think I can wish for now is that the same dude I bought it from is willing to come off the Sig he has. Hope I can get if for the same money.