Nothing fancy or unique, but still cool

mav

I have been shopping for a couple of guns lately. The first gun I was looking for was a reliable and inexpensive subcompact. While trying to decide which gun I wanted, I ran across a STI Total Eclipse, a subcompact 2011. This was definitely the gun for me. A high capacity lightweight 9mm, it was everything I was looking for. However, while I really wanted it, I couldn't justify purchasing another high end piece. It was just too expensive.

I could go on and on about what I was looking at and why. To make a long story short, I went to Shooters Depot today and picked up a Gen 4 Glock 26. As stated in the title, it is nothing unique or fancy. This is my second Glock, and if it does as well as my first, then I will be completely satisfied.

In regards to Shooters Depot, it is always a pleasure to deal with Chris and the guys. While I get along and like some of our other dealers in the area, Shooters has always done right by me. Therefore, they are always the first on my list to get my business.

chattanooga201104160005.jpg

They also had a used Gen 3 26. It was very nice and had a good price on it considering it looked brand new, but I prefered the more aggressive texture and larger controls on the Gen 4. Does anyone know if Glock did any extra work in regards to the trigger on the Gen 4s? Surprisingly, the trigger is quite good

I also ordered a S&W Model 41. I should have that sometime next week.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot my first Glock 26 today, a Gen 3 I rented at the range in Maryville. It is really a great gun. I carry an XDSC 40 and would not trade that gun for the world but the Glock was great to shoot as well. I may need to add this to my collection soon. Besides, I don't have a 9mm yet so why not right?

Well... I just got it detail stripped and did a polish job, so it is ready for the range tomorrow. I will probably put some straight eights on it next week. Has anyone tried those Pearce grip extensions that replace the baseplate on the mag? Any comments?

What is the world coming to where a 1911 enthusiast is buying lowly Glocks?

• 3 months later...

I have a Gen4 27 with Pearce extensions on the 9rd mags that came with it. All of my extended magazines have a GLOCK +2 extension on them. I haven't shot a 26, but the 27 is fine without the extensions. The only reason I bought them was after about 100 rounds or so, the extensions help with hand fatigue. If you aren't planning on popping through hundreds of rounds at a range session, they aren't needed. I was just as accurate with only 2 fingers on the grip as I was with the full grip as are most of the people I know or have heard from regarding the extensions.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Anyone had any malfunctions with the Gen 4 26s? I know people were complaining about the Gen 4 19s malfunctioning a lot but I never hear anything about the 26s?

Anyone had any malfunctions with the Gen 4 26s? I know people were complaining about the Gen 4 19s malfunctioning a lot but I never hear anything about the 26s?

My Gen 4 26 has been %100. I have probably 500 rounds through it without a single malfunction. Typical Glock reliability.

I don't think there have been many problems with the Gen 4 26 because they didn't change the recoil spring. Glock has always used the double recoil spring on the subcompact's. Most of the problems with Gen 4's were with the early 19's and 17's using a new dual recoil spring that was too stiff. That problem has since been taken care of.

My Gen 4 23 did have some FTE issues when I first got it and I originally thought it was the recoil spring. I finally narrowed it down to a single bad magazine that I bought at a gun store. It was marked "new" but I have my doubts. After removing that magazine from the lineup the gun as been 100%. Hope that helps.

Well... I just got it detail stripped and did a polish job, so it is ready for the range tomorrow. I will probably put some straight eights on it next week. Has anyone tried those Pearce grip extensions that replace the baseplate on the mag? Any comments?

What is the world coming to where a 1911 enthusiast is buying lowly Glocks?

when i carried a G26 i shot it MUCH better without the extension. It feels great when handling the weapon but i found it to hurt my accuracy when firing. I'd be curios how you like the grip in Gen4 after carrying it for a while. I want one but i'm just not sure if the grip will be abrasive. Post up some comments after a couple weeks if you think about it.

I have a Glock Factory(expensive) "+2" G26 magazine for my gen2.5 G26. I shoot twice as well with it, but I've shot a G19 for 16 years... The extra pinky finger probably helps more with my trigger pull, than with actual recoil. All I know is I almost cried when I first shot my G26 and missed the 4" ShootNC target. Actual mileage may vary;)

Edited by Kevo
Grammatical errorals
when i carried a G26 i shot it MUCH better without the extension. It feels great when handling the weapon but i found it to hurt my accuracy when firing. I'd be curios how you like the grip in Gen4 after carrying it for a while. I want one but i'm just not sure if the grip will be abrasive. Post up some comments after a couple weeks if you think about it.

The last time I shot it (over a month ago), I noticed I was shooting high. I never shoot high. If anything, I may shoot low and slightly left. I haven't shot it since that last range session. I need to shoot it again to see if that was just an off day, or if I need to adjust something with my grip.

I am back to carrying my Nighthawk T3, so I don't know when I will break it back out on the range.