Taurus PT740 Slim named American Rifleman "Handgun Of The Year"

Grunt67

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'm mistaken here; but I believe Keltec did produce a 40 for a short time. The PF40. Known for a monsterous recoil and tendancy to crack frames and slides because of the pressures on the polymer construction.

I don't think I'm mistaken here; but I believe Keltec did produce a 40 for a short time. The PF40. Known for a monsterous recoil and tendancy to crack frames and slides because of the pressures on the polymer construction.

Correct, though it was called "P-40".

You see (an intact) one for resell now and then, saw one here on TGO sometime in last couple years.

- OS

I guess I'm the luckiest guy in the pistol world. Every Taurus I have and have ever had works perfect right out of the box. It's not that I don't believe the complaints, but it sure is hard to.

+1 and I'm not particularly a Taurus fan. What folks won't admit, is that had the NRA listed the Glock Gen 4 or some sort of big name 1911 variant as "gun of the year," they wouldn't be talking about how jacked up American Rifleman is or how much said company paid in advertising (yadda, yadda, yadda).

I'll never understand how gun snobbery can render one a mindless zombie when it comes to accepting that a company can put out a high-quality firearm for less money. I guess that folks forget that the AR-15 platform, the 1911, the M14, M1 Garand, and many other highly regarded firearms out there were the cheapest guns the military could get their hands on. Like I said, I'll never understand the gun snobbery...

+1 and I'm not particularly a Taurus fan. What folks won't admit, is that had the NRA listed the Glock Gen 4 or some sort of big name 1911 variant as "gun of the year," they wouldn't be talking about how jacked up American Rifleman is or how much said company paid in advertising (yadda, yadda, yadda).

I'll never understand how gun snobbery can render one a mindless zombie when it comes to accepting that a company can put out a high-quality firearm for less money. I guess that folks forget that the AR-15 platform, the 1911, the M14, M1 Garand, and many other highly regarded firearms out there were the cheapest guns the military could get their hands on. Like I said, I'll never understand the gun snobbery...

And some of us, only commented on the fact that the AR shotgun of the year is being recalled in the very same magazine that gave the award.

Guest smileyguy

Own two Taurus. Love them both, but they are Beretta and S&W copies. Never shot any of their original designs. Someone whose opinion I respect told me the 24/7 Pro was his favorite pistol (out of dozens he owns). Taurus is capable of making a good firearm. Gun of the year? I don't know, never even seen the 740.