HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m4coyote

My envelope from the Dept of Safety arrived yesterday! I completed my fingerprints and application on August 1st, so I am very happy that I received my permit this quickly!:rofl:

My envelope from the Dept of Safety arrived yesterday! I completed my fingerprints and application on August 1st, so I am very happy that I received my permit this quickly!:rofl:

Congrats.

Your odds of getting this in the 6 weeks or so is about like winning the lottery!

- OS

I just got off the phone with TNDOS. I completed my application and fingerprints on June 18th. I spoke with Lisa Knight twice that day. She said that she received all of my information and would start the process. The lady I talked to today said that my application was not received by their office till AUGUST 15TH!!! And that I would have to wait the full ninety days. She also said that the delay in their receiving my application was due to the backlog. THIS IS BS! June 18th to August 15th! I've been calling since August 3rd about my permit! WTF! I need some info on who to call or email from some of you guys in the know, please. This is ridiculous.

Guest eyebedam

Maybe the lady you talked to today didnt know what she was talking about. Call back tomorrow & see if you get a different answer or just call and ask for Mrs. Knight personally, but dont call her with an attitude. I hear that shes a really nice lady tell her whats goin on & see if she can help.

Thanks, eyebedam. I went ahead and called again asking for Ms. Knight. She was not in today, and I talked to a girl named Rhonda instead. She pulled my information and said that my application was in their office in MAY. Its the 16th of September. She said that the 90 days does not matter, only their receiving the background checks back. I said that if the department had my information in May, and its now September, that was more like 120 days. Then she said she was putting me on a list for people who are over ninety days, and to call back in three weeks. Yeah, right, I'll be calling tomorrow.

geicocavemen.jpg

Guest eyebedam
I just got off the phone with TNDOS. I completed my application and fingerprints on June 18th. I spoke with Lisa Knight twice that day. She said that she received all of my information and would start the process. The lady I talked to today said that my application was not received by their office till AUGUST 15TH!!! And that I would have to wait the full ninety days. She also said that the delay in their receiving my application was due to the backlog. THIS IS BS! June 18th to August 15th! I've been calling since August 3rd about my permit! WTF! I need some info on who to call or email from some of you guys in the know, please. This is ridiculous.
Thanks, eyebedam. I went ahead and called again asking for Ms. Knight. She was not in today, and I talked to a girl named Rhonda instead. She pulled my information and said that my application was in their office in MAY. Its the 16th of September. She said that the 90 days does not matter, only their receiving the background checks back. I said that if the department had my information in May, and its now September, that was more like 120 days. Then she said she was putting me on a list for people who are over ninety days, and to call back in three weeks. Yeah, right, I'll be calling tomorrow.

geicocavemen.jpg

Ok something is confusing me here. If you completed everything on June the 18th how could they have had everything since May. I may have missed something here but im slightly confused. Also it is my understanding that the only have 90 days from they day the application & fingerprints are done & if the background check takes longer than that then they are supposed to issue your permit. I may be wrong here though.

That's why May was in all caps. Makes no sense to me. I just want my permit. At this point I seem to have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Edited by SUNTZU
Thanks, eyebedam. I went ahead and called again asking for Ms. Knight. She was not in today, and I talked to a girl named Rhonda instead. She pulled my information and said that my application was in their office in MAY. Its the 16th of September. She said that the 90 days does not matter, only their receiving the background checks back. I said that if the department had my information in May, and its now September, that was more like 120 days. Then she said she was putting me on a list for people who are over ninety days, and to call back in three weeks.

SUNTZU,

You're being jerked around.

Tennessee Code Annotated 39-17-1351(l) states:

"(l) The department shall issue a permit to an applicant not prohibited from obtaining a permit under this section no later than ninety (90) days after the date the department receives the application. A permit issued prior to the department's receipt of the Tennessee and federal bureaus of investigation's criminal history record checks based upon the applicant's fingerprints shall be subject to immediate revocation if either record check reveals that the applicant is not eligible for a permit pursuant to the provisions of this section."

Key words are "no later" and "shall issue". The Handgun Office person's claim about waiting for background checks is BS.

If I were you, I would send an email to "email.safety@state.tn.us" with subject line "Attention: Commissioner Mitchell/Violation of TCA 39-17-1351" and would inquire why the Department is refusing to issue the Handgun Permit to you in violation of the "shall issue" statute now that the 90 days has elapsed. I did, and got my permit issued the following day.

HTH.

Edited by mn32768
Guest eyebedam
So I got my application in on the 12th & got finger printed today the 13th with Buford so well see how long it takes till all my stuff comes back.

For everyone that doesnt know as of now the only testing centers you can do the application @ in the Mid tenn area is.

227 Murfreesboro RD in Lavargne

624 Hart Lane

6604 Centennial. I have the paperwork in front of me. Hope it helps.

Whoop Whoop! Well I have it in my hand right now. Exactly 35 days from putting in my application;)

Guest canynracer
Whoop Whoop! Well I have it in my hand right now. Exactly 35 days from putting in my application;)

Now you need the cool little icon thingy under your avatar...that will make it official..LOL