Whats a good price for a springfield XD9

Guest Chattanoogan

Guest Chattanoogan

Im wanting to sell or trade my XD at the gun show in Camp Jordan at the end of the month, I was wondering what my asking price and bottom price should be...

I have 5, 16 round mags, a very nice (never used) leather galco shoulder holster, all the xd gear, original box and all the paperwork. I also have a Uncle Mikes IWB holster.

My XD-9 is the full size tactical model.

What do you think?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chattanoogan

Hmm, thats not what I expected, I just figured out I have around $700 invested in it, its only a year old, had only about 500 or so rounds run through it. I dont expect to get what I put in it back out of it, but I purchased the gun itself new with all the xd gear for $530, I would think with all the extra stuff it would still be worth near that, but I dont know so thats why im asking...

If you find the right buyer, you could probably get $550 or so out of it. But you would have to find the right buyer.

You are probably looking at getting in the $450 and $500 range. Shoulder holsters don't have a huge following, and the IWB is probably a write-off. I would figure $10 to $15 each on the mags.

If it were mine, I would start out asking $600, but be prepared to go lower. Never know if you can get lucky.

The accessories are a write off to be honest. The mags are worth about $10 a piece in negotiations. I would have to go with the norm here, it is worth about $450, $500 if you find someone that really wants it.

Holsters are all about personal preference. I have a kydex IWB that I love, it took me several holsters and some rather expensive ones at that before I found that. However, I know several folks that hate the holster I currently use and swear by some of the other holsters I have thrown in the back of my closet.

And that is why a holster is a write off.

I think you'd have to be pretty lucky to get more than $450 out of it, and that you'll probably get a few offers for $400. The newer XDm is going for about $575-600, so I don't think you'll get any bites at that price range--as has been said, accessories are pretty much a write-off.

Don't mean to be a downer, but that's just realistic. I've got four XD-45s, and the last two I picked up were $400 each. One of them even came with a trigger job from Springer Precision, heavy guide rod, XS Big Dot tritium sights, and six mags. I just think that the XDm line has really pushed the prices down for the older models.

I think you'd have to be pretty lucky to get more than $450 out of it, and that you'll probably get a few offers for $400. The newer XDm is going for about $575-600, so I don't think you'll get any bites at that price range--as has been said, accessories are pretty much a write-off.

Don't mean to be a downer, but that's just realistic. I've got four XD-45s, and the last two I picked up were $400 each. One of them even came with a trigger job from Springer Precision, heavy guide rod, XS Big Dot tritium sights, and six mags. I just think that the XDm line has really pushed the prices down for the older models.

Sheepdog is pretty much right. XDMs have really affected the sales on the earlier xd series.. I recently sold a NIB XD9sc that I traded for at 450 and was really struggling to get that. Not what you want to hear I'm sure, but that's the way of the retail market when newer mdels supercede older.

And for the record, I don't like it either. In fact, I really prefer the orginal to the XDM line.:)

Guest Chattanoogan

Thanks for all the info.. Its really helpful. I expected to lose money, however I hope to get enough out of it to get a sub-compact or a compact xd9 or I'm also considering a Ruger LC9.