New Truck ordered

Guest 6.8 AR
Erik, I'm going to sound like your dad. If you pick a career field just because you think you'll become rich, you'll have a long, miserable life. Find out what you love to do and do it. You'll do it well, the money will come, and you'll enjoy work instead of dreading getting out of bed every morning. Most people never realize this.

Willis, Cool truck!!!

Very good advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik, I'm going to sound like your dad. If you pick a career field just because you think you'll become rich, you'll have a long, miserable life. Find out what you love to do and do it. You'll do it well, the money will come, and you'll enjoy work instead of dreading getting out of bed every morning. Most people never realize this.

Willis, Cool truck!!!

great advice. I was just messing with Willis!

Hell yea that's a man size truck right there, however that feminine blue kinda makes me feel kinda funny inside. over

Sorry you don't approve of my color choice but I really could care less what you think Over?

Yup, get what you want. Hell I am happy for OP.

2004 for 4K? How many miles were on it?

Mine is not worth near half that, a 99 and single owner.

well Dad got in 2010, it was a 2004, F150, I don't remember the miles but I am pretty sure a 6 year old F150 in pretty good shape for 4,000 he did not get hurt in the deal.

a 99 being 5 years older would be a bit less.

That is one bad a$$ truck. That is one of the best looking trucks I have seen. Congrats. I would love to have one as well. Unfortunately, my truck buying days are over thanks to the guvment (high gas prices). I have always owned (and still do) a truck, but ever since gas prices shot up I hardly ever drive it. I can't justify buying a new one just to drive around every other weekend. If the eco-facists continue to get their way, I may be commuting to work on a Segway.

Anyway, it is super nice and hope you enjoy it.

That is one bad a$$ truck. That is one of the best looking trucks I have seen. Congrats. I would love to have one as well. Unfortunately, my truck buying days are over thanks to the guvment (high gas prices). I have always owned (and still do) a truck, but ever since gas prices shot up I hardly ever drive it. I can't justify buying a new one just to drive around every other weekend. If the eco-facists continue to get their way, I may be commuting to work on a Segway.

Anyway, it is super nice and hope you enjoy it.

Thanks Mav

i'm sort of in the same boat as the OP, except, I currently own a 370z :)

My everyday car is a white 370z I've had for over 2 years now .... I'm looking to trade her in for a truck -- thinking an F150 (love the new ones)

plan to move to some farmland and the truck will really come in handy, not to mention, the 370z won't make the driveway :eek:

I have co workers from the UK and Ireland, the Netherlands these cats are paying up to $12.00 US dollars a gallon for gas

That's why they have to ride a train with 100 other people or drive cars that look like this:

http://www.planetizen.com/files/laetz1.jpg *

Congrats on the special-order truck. It drives sweeter when your name is printed on the factory window sticker.

*Yes, I know that's a car from India, not Europe. It's still lame.

Maybe you can drive it to Blade and meet up for drinks and debauchery...so to speak.

Unfortunately there is a snowballs chance in hell that the truck will be built by then or I would take you up on that my friend, I will however take a trip out to your neck of the woods sometime after i take delivery of it

Guest J.D. Skull

When I win the powerball I'll get the manly pink one. That shade of blue is close to perfect.:) Good luck and safe driveing. IE. Don't drive over my 96 Saturn.:)

Guest Dukebb23
i'm sort of in the same boat as the OP, except, I currently own a 370z :)

My everyday car is a white 370z I've had for over 2 years now .... I'm looking to trade her in for a truck -- thinking an F150 (love the new ones)

plan to move to some farmland and the truck will really come in handy, not to mention, the 370z won't make the driveway :)

Man You are really Turning into a true southerner. Just go ahead and get you one of those new F-150's, they've got everything your 370z's got.

Then you can put some truck balls on the back and people might think your from around here minus that california accent of yours.

Thank you for buying a vehicle built in America, by an American company using American labor. :D

Well Dave this should make you even happier, along with the Raptor which I traded in a 2007 Nissan Altima we will be trading our 2011 Kia Sorrento in on a 2011 Expedition that is made at the Wayne Michigan Plant so we will have all USA made vehicles it does feel good I must say :usa:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got my build date yesterday of 6/13-2011 only problem is that order was without Navigation which was put on hold by Ford, so I had my dealer add it he said it will possibly still be built on the 13th but may be pushed back 4 weeks or so. That will suck but I want this truck to be exactly what I want so it will be worth the wait

When I win the powerball I'll get the manly pink one. That shade of blue is close to perfect.;) Good luck and safe driveing. IE. Don't drive over my 96 Saturn.:)

Wait...you can't...I'm winning the powerball!! I get the cool truck

• 1 month later...

Well I picked it up yesterday and it is by far the nicest vehicle I have ever driven. We were amazed at how comfortable it is for my family to be in such a vehicle driving around town. TGO David has a Black one I believe he and I have the only 2 2011 SVT Raptor SuperCrew's sold in Wilson County!

David,

Thank you for taking the time to make sure I had pictures of my truck and sending them to me when I was offshore that was very cool of you!