Jack Daniels Honey?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stuff also comes in miniatures, (50 ml bottles) so you can try it for a couple of bucks. I am sure your local package store carries them.

That way if it sucks you are not out much, and if you like it you can buy a bigger bottle next time.

• Administrator

It's pretty good stuff. We picked up some of the miniature bottles of it this evening to try with some friends. I'd be inclined to buy a fifth of it next time, but I'm sure it will take quite a while to work through that much of it.

• Administrator
It is a good sippin whiskey. Too sweet for my taste. I'm sticking with Basil Hayden's 8 year.

Came very close to picking some of that up last night but we picked up a fifth of Laphroaig Cask Strength single malt. Holy cow. I've never been one to add a splash of water to my scotch, period, but this stuff makes it mandatory. I, my wife, and my buddy all tried a small bit of it straight and it quite literally turns to vapor before it makes it down your throat. 56.6% alcohol by volume. :)

The description on the sleeve that it came in tells you to mix more water than scotch, so we did, and let me tell you... that stuff is a-maz-ing. I've never had a scotch so smokey and flavorful as that. We all were literally tasting the smokiness of the peat well into the evening after each having just a shot of it mixed with 1.5X as much water in a glass.

Definitely a slow sipping scotch. Not something you'd want to drink for the sake of getting tipsy, but rather to savor it slowly. I'm now a huge fan.

I'm definitely going to try it after reading this thread. I love to have a nice glass of whiskey after a long shift at work.

David - If you like a good peaty Scotch, I am working on a bottle of Ardmore Single Malt right now. It's pretty dang good for a sub $40 bottle of Scotch.

Guest 808-South
It good over ice but you might want to let it breath for a minute after you pour it. Also mixes with Diet Mountain Dew quite well.

Never tried it with dew. But it went great with coke zero.

Guest brandon_pitt
Came very close to picking some of that up last night but we picked up a fifth of Laphroaig Cask Strength single malt. Holy cow. I've never been one to add a splash of water to my scotch, period, but this stuff makes it mandatory. I, my wife, and my buddy all tried a small bit of it straight and it quite literally turns to vapor before it makes it down your throat. 56.6% alcohol by volume. :stare:

The description on the sleeve that it came in tells you to mix more water than scotch, so we did, and let me tell you... that stuff is a-maz-ing. I've never had a scotch so smokey and flavorful as that. We all were literally tasting the smokiness of the peat well into the evening after each having just a shot of it mixed with 1.5X as much water in a glass.

Definitely a slow sipping scotch. Not something you'd want to drink for the sake of getting tipsy, but rather to savor it slowly. I'm now a huge fan.

Basil Hayden's 8 year should definitely be on your to do list. Don't forget about it!!

Guest Grout
It good over ice but you might want to let it breath for a minute after you pour it. Also mixes with Diet Mountain Dew quite well.
A 20 oz Diet Dew makes an excellent chaser for a half pint of Smirnoff :stare:
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest coldblackwind

Finally tried some of this, pretty good stuff. Goes down a little smoother than normal jack (ya know, for wusses like me). We discovered it goes really excellent with sweet tea, totally by accident (just happened to be what we were drinking when we both took a shot)!