51 year old actor marries 16 year old

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

My wife is expecting our first, a girl. If 16 years from now she brings some 51 year old man into my home saying "Daddy, this is my boyfriend, I love him" I will be in jail charged with murder 16 years and 1 day from now.

Don't laugh too loud. Tn-popo, please understand, I ain't attacking you personally, but it's girls like little Chloe Grace there in your avatar that brings out the perv in "Dirty old men". I'm for dang sure not taking up for it, it's wrong, but I don't think it's 100% their fault either. I little lady ought to dress like a little lady, not a whore. Whores attract whoremongers.

Guest bkelm18
So basically, her parents can sign her up for statutory rape.

Negative. Her parents consented to the marriage. Statutory rape doesn't apply if they are married.

Strange, little more than a century ago this would have been no concern to anyone. Not the least bit unordinary.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Honestly, in this day and age I cannot possibly imagine what a 16 year old and a 51 year old could have in common to talk about, discuss and so on. Thing is, though, in two years (which really ain't all that long) she would be 18, he would be 53 and they wouldn't need anyone's consent for anything. I turned forty last Sunday and I wouldn't want a 16 year old wife. Heck, I probably wouldn't want an 18 year old wife (although, if I were single, a 21 year old girlfriend might be fun for a while.) That said, if she wants to marry him and he wants to marry her and they have her parents' consent, I figure it honestly ain't any of my damned business. Think of it this way - if you were (or are) a father would you rather your daughter marry a man who is 35 years her senior and who treats her well or a man who is her own age and who treats her like crap?

Don't laugh too loud. Tn-popo, please understand, I ain't attacking you personally, but it's girls like little Chloe Grace there in your avatar that brings out the perv in "Dirty old men". I'm for dang sure not taking up for it, it's wrong, but I don't think it's 100% their fault either. I little lady ought to dress like a little lady, not a whore. Whores attract whoremongers.
Strange, little more than a century ago this would have been no concern to anyone. Not the least bit unordinary.

uhh...OK.

1. If you've seen "Kickass," there wasn't the slightest thing sexual about Chloe's character in that movie. Anyone who looks at my avatar and get's warmed-up has serious issues.

2. Respond to the ER regarding a 3 year old bleeding from her rectum, who was left in the care of mom's "boyfriend," and then tell me about pedophiles. I've had to do that too many times...

I'm not at all condoning 51 vs 16 year old marriages, I just think slinging the "pedophile" word around desensitizes us to the real lowest of low human monsters we have walking around.

Edited by TN-popo
Guest bkelm18
life is too short, if her parents are good with it then so am I.

Half of what is wrong in the country is people insisting the way they think is the only way that is correct.

Well said.

Guest LeeroyNWH

Half of what is wrong in the country is people insisting the way they think is the only way that is correct.

#winning

Sent from my Droid

Without out a doubt you are correct Mike.

If people would worry about taking care of their own dirty laundry and not worry about telling everyone else what to wear the world would be a better place.

The laws of this nation are one of the biggest problems and stiffles freedom. Too many laws make it illegal to do something even if it does not affect anyone else. Hold the individuals responsible for their actions when they hurt someone else and leave the rest of us alone to live our life. If someone wants to do something in the privacy of their own home, regardless of what it is, and it doesn't affect anyone else so be it.

Now the second it does affect someone else hold them, the individual responsible, but quit punishing people en masse for what one individual might or moght not do.

It should not be illegal to own machine guns, suppressors, do drugs, or many of the other activities the government has deemed illegal. That is providing you are a consenting party to whatever is going on.

Dolomite

In a story I read earlier in the day it said her mother signed the consent form. But it also said that if her father were to come into the picture and he didn't approve or give consent that the guy could still be charged. The article didn't say, but I am guessing the father isn't a part of her life.

I wouldn't allow my 16 year old daughter to marry a 51 year old man, I also wouldn't allow her to dress like a lot of 16 year old girls do now days either. But if her family is cool with it, who am I to say otherwise?

uhh...OK.

1. If you've seen "Kickass," there wasn't the slightest thing sexual about Chloe's character in that movie. Anyone who looks at my avatar and get's warmed-up has serious issues.

2. Respond to the ER regarding a 3 year old bleeding from her rectum, who was left in the care of mom's "boyfriend," and then tell me about pedophiles. I've had to do that too many times...

I'm not at all condoning 51 vs 16 year old marriages, I just think slinging the "pedophile" word around desensitizes us to the real lowest of low human monsters we have walking around.

I was more so referring to the fact that children aren't little kids anymore. It doesn't take a great amount of discernment to see the major appearance shift in the last few years. From birth until past puberty has always been an awkward time, but now with everything from cosmetics, cosmetic alterations to estrogen/testosterone enriched consumables, those children do not look like children anymore. Not to mention the filth of Hollywood fanning the flames of what is perceived to be, by those children, the way they are supposed to be.

The character in she played in the movie doesn't a bit more look 13 than the man in the moon. Same with half the shows on TV with young actors and actresses.

Children aren't children anymore. ...and we wonder why so many are screwed up today. Makes me glad I decided my bloodline ends here by not reproducing. I'm doing the world a favor in more ways than one.

As to your point "2." You sir, are a tougher man than I have the capacity to be. I'm not sure there would be enough hail Mary's in the Vatican to receive forgiveness to what I would [in clear conscience] do to a man like that if given the opportunity. Thanks for ruining a nights sleep tonight with that thought.

Edited by Caster
Guest clownsdd

When ya'll's gals come home with a new beau.......do like I did.....have a few firearms laid out an cleaning them.....explain to the new boyfriend that you dearly love your daughter and you only do what the voices in your head tell ya.......my 36 yr old daughter STILL ain't married..and no she ain't gay, just aint found the right guy that can live with those "voices".

You got that right...I'm 27 years older than my wife.

When ya'll's gals come home with a new beau.......do like I did.....have a few firearms laid out an cleaning them.....explain to the new boyfriend that you dearly love your daughter and you only do what the voices in your head tell ya.......my 36 yr old daughter STILL ain't married..and no she ain't gay, just aint found the right guy that can live with those "voices".

My soon to be fatherinlaw tried the gun cleaning thing with me...I took them all apart...cleaned them. pointed out wear problems and put them back together...while he's sitting there with his jaw on the table.