What is your favorite firearms store?

valv6

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Disney

I've bought several from Hero-Gear and have always been treated like the rock star that I am, VIP all the way.

I've bought from On-Target in the Boro and am still feeling the sting on my bum from that one. I've tried to buy from Franklin and the Outpost, but I don't have extra money to give them for their good looks, all my money goes to my good looks right now.

It sure sounds like I need to check out this D&T!!! If they are anywhere near as cool as what you guys say, i'll be a few grand less wealthy in no time flat!

I wanted to thank everyone for all the great reviews of our store.

We have strived since opening day last September to make every visit to the store a great one.

My visits have all been great. I've sent a couple of folks your way because of it.

Well I went to Bill's Outpost in Maryville and they were super nice. In fact, I never knew Galco made a hybrid IWB holster until I went there. I bought some gun grease while I was there. Their handgun selection isn't the best but my god I believe they had every rifle you could ever want on the wall behind them. They even had my Sig556 Classic SWAT up there. Too bad they didn't have the DMR. I'd love to see what price they'd put on it.

Guest motonut

Just purchased a lightly "pre-owned" Kahr PM-9 from D&T today, first time in the shop. Everyone was very friendly (except Gunner (the dog), who is almost as anti-social as my female German Shepherd is) and when I asked a question they didn't know the answer to they took the time to look it up.MikeInTN happened to be there when I was there too. Pleasure meeting you Mike.

I've had great experiences at G&L (both stores), Lebanon Gun Shop too.

Only wish I had more funds to share with all of them.

Whittakers then a stop at the Moonlight Bar B Q. If you have never been to Whittakers you need to go. The selection and access to long guns is stunning. If there is anything like it in the region I haven't seen or heard of it. I am a .22 nut and it is the only place that I have ever been to or heard of that stocks Coopers and Volquartsen .22 rifles. And generally there is a good selection of used rifles and shotguns.

Whittaker Guns

Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn - Owensboro Barbecue Restaurant, BBQ Online Store Featuring Country Ham, Mutton, Burgoo, BBQ Ribs and More

Specialty Arms - good guys and good prices. Bought a M&P 40c and a Bushmaster from them. I usually stop in here once a month.

Hero Gear - Only been there once but traded my Bushmaster for a M&P 15. They threw in a few pmags with it.

Guns and Leather - Never bought a gun there but did take my hcp class with them.

Sounds like I need to check out D&T.

Eastside. Bill is my homeboy...lol

But lets face it The Outpost Armory is the best stocked shop in the state you can shop for guns, holsters, web gear, optics and every other misc firearms related stuff you cant think of plus you can get a sandwich and gas!.....I go there to check out all the cool stuff I either buy on the internet or get Bill to order for me.

In middle Tennessee around the Lebanon area, Lebanon Gun Shop, great people, prices and a good selection. Lots of Sigs, Kimbers, Glocks and reloading supply's. They are my GO TO gun shop hands down!!!! COOP

Eastside. Bill is my homeboy...lol

But lets face it The Outpost Armory is the best stocked shop in the state you can shop for guns, holsters, web gear, optics and every other misc firearms related stuff you cant think of plus you can get a sandwich and gas!.....I go there to check out all the cool stuff I either buy on the internet or get Bill to order for me.

I like the Outpost armory but over priced IMHO. The restaurant has been closed for a while now and replaced with reloading supply's... COOP

Guest Victor9er

Shooter's Depot - Chattanooga

I'm new to guns and the area, but when I started shopping around I was most impressed by them. I drive right by another gun shop on my way to them. At the "other place" I got the attitude that the guy could care less if I bought anything and that I was wasting his time. I also felt like the place had a "pawn shop vibe" to it.

I went to Shooter's Depot and it was like night and day. Very professional looking store, and the people were friendly and helpful. The guy there answered all of my questions, offered up advice, took his time with me and pulled out almost every gun in the cabinet for me to check out. I didn't spend a penny in that store that day, but I left knowing that I would be back to them when I was ready to buy my gun.

And that's just what I did. I also signed up for their range membership, bought a small gun safe, new sights, spare magazine, cleaning supplies, and of course ammo from them. If I buy another gun, it will be from them again.

Edited by Victor9er

I have really enjoyed all of my experiences at Guns and Leather at Greenbrier and Hendersonville, but thanks to this thread I found out about D&T and had a chance to drive over and meet the guys there.

I was impressed. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Having spent a lot of time living and working in Florida it is really refreshing to find such great places to go to research guns. A great 2nd Amendment state is such a wonderful place to live and even though Florida is a Castle Law state and No Retreat state, it still has it share of gun haters.

I'll put in (yet another) good word for Bill's Outpost. I DO really wish I was getting some kind of kickback from the good pub I give him!!

Walked in yesterday to pick up small items and they not only remembered who I was, but what my last two purchases were (one was about a month ago and two from last September)!!! Just class all around.

If you're on Facebook, maybe link up with their page?

Bills Outpost - Gun Store - Alcoa, TN - Wall | Facebook

Guns and Ammo in Memphis is pretty hard to beat pricewise. Their selection and volume of sales is incredible.

I have to agree about the selection at Guns & Ammo.....they have just about everything, but it is packed in there. I think their prices are competitive, but places like Classic Arms in Cordova are friendlier, have a good selection and are more receptive to negotiating on prices.

Just purchased a lightly "pre-owned" Kahr PM-9 from D&T today, first time in the shop. Everyone was very friendly (except Gunner (the dog), who is almost as anti-social as my female German Shepherd is) and when I asked a question they didn't know the answer to they took the time to look it up.MikeInTN happened to be there when I was there too. Pleasure meeting you Mike.

I've had great experiences at G&L (both stores), Lebanon Gun Shop too.

Only wish I had more funds to share with all of them.

It was good to meet you to! Nice gun btw.

Edited by MarkInNashville
Shooter's Depot - Chattanooga

I'm new to guns and the area, but when I started shopping around I was most impressed by them. I drive right by another gun shop on my way to them. At the "other place" I got the attitude that the guy could care less if I bought anything and that I was wasting his time. I also felt like the place had a "pawn shop vibe" to it.

Sounds like it was either Carter's or Sportsman supply on Hixson pike

Guest Victor9er
Sounds like it was either Carter's or Sportsman supply on Hixson pike

Well, I'm not naming names but let's just say I drive North on a certain road till I get to Hixson, then take Hwy 153 to get to Shooter's Depot...

:P

Guest Sgt. Joe

I know it is a long drive but if you do get out toward the West end the Great Outdoors Store in Jackson has always treated me like gold.

They sell lots of archery, hunting and fishing supplies and have a really nice handgun and rifle selection, both new and used along with a 25 yard indoor range. They are knowledgeable and helpful but in no way pushy.

It is a chain-store but is also a family owned and operated franchise. Just plain ole good folks with the goal to make sure the customer is happy. I have not found anyone in the area that will beat their prices.

It is two minutes or less off of I-40 @ exit 82 south. Take a left at the first light and you will see their sign on the right. IMO well worth a quick stop when buzzing through here.

Guest bersalady

Both guns and leather stores are great. Have by far more selection than any other store in the area. Both have indoor ranges that are great. Just bought a great new gun at the greenbrier location. Very nice staff.

BUCKHORN HUNTING AND FISHING, located in Oneida, Tn in Scott county. Good Christian folks that will serve you well, if they don't have it, they will get it for you.. Best prices I have seen

anywhere. Big selection of handguns, long guns, bows, reloading supplies, rods,reels. I have been a customer for over 20 years.