have you had to draw your weapon?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as a civilian. During my years in law enforcement, yes, a few times, no shots fired. I don't think you were looking for police situations from 30 years ago, so no need to bore you with the details.

Unfortunately yes, i travel a lot so i always have one with me, but broad day lite eating lunch in the car, 2 guys going down the line of cars trying to get into them, i was the only one in the lot in the car and it was running, they thought they were going to bust the window with a tire iron but when they seen i was carrying they decided to move on , 15 min later the police showed up

Guest TNScrambler

I thought I was going to have to a couple months ago, luckily it was a friendly old drunk guy that walked down our driveway and knocked on my wife's car window....I told her to lock the door behind me and I jumped out and ran around to him to see what he was doing, he was nearly fall over drunk, but as nice as you please....chit chatted with me for a few minutes and went on his way. I opened my wifes door, and said "thats why I'm packin!"

Justin

Several times as a cop. Never as a civilian. I hope to keep it that way. As far as experiences, they all generally go the pretty much the same way: Idiot commits crime (usually a felony), I approach said felon, they act stupid, I draw my weapon, they suddenly get a case of common sense, I arrested said felon. Only once did I actually come close to shooting a guy. He was on parole from federal prison for drug and firearms charges and decided to violate the protection order against him by his ex-wife. When I approached him, he refused to take his hands out his pockets. He then took them out and put the right one back in his front pocket. I saw him grab something in his pocket and I started to pull the trigger as he withdrew his hand. I knew I had the advantage and waited just long enough to see what was coming out of his pocket and realized the object he had was not a weapon, but a set of those silver oriental exercise balls. He pointed them at me, I assume in hopes of committing suicide by cop. As far as I know, he went back to federal prison.

I have once about a month ago. I walk out of the walmart to find a bummish looking man trying to jimmy the lock on my truck. My first reaction was to asking what the H@LL he was doing and before I knew what hit me he had clocked me right in the mouth. Next thing I remember I was looking down my front sight ordering him to the ground and kept him there till the police arrived.

Guest nashvegas

OK, I was thinking surely someone would beat me to the punch, but I can wait no longer...

DrawGun.jpg

Edited by nashvegas