Hello from Murfreesboro!

Guest stevenhman

Guest stevenhman

I found this forum while searching for reviews on Tactical Response. Found some interesting stuff all across the web!

Anywho, I just got out of the Marines last December. Decided to go with a rifle I feel comfortable with and got a Daniel Defense M4V2. Lookin forward to (hopefully) makin some friends. I wouldn't consider myself a magpul fanboy, I bought the rifle used and it had some magpul stuff already, pmags are just great.

189201_10100123274249595_38407114_43647214_1967204_n.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevenhman

Thanks everyone!

Thank you for your service and welcome aboard. Nice looking pea-shooter, ya got there, LOL.

Did you find what you were looking for about Tactical Response?

Yeah, I think I did. A friend and I were looking at the YouTube videos of some of the classes and I was kind of puzzled at the apparent safety "no-no's" that I wouldn't feel comfortable being around. Also I hear that they teach magazine non-retention which to me doesn't make sense.

As for the thread that started on ar15.com...sheesh. ND's can happen anywhere so I wouldn't consider that anyone but the individual who had the ND's 'fault'. The unprofessional manner in which Mr. Yeager responded to the OP's (what I perceived as hostility) is in my opinion completely unexcusable.

Because of the stigma associated with Mr. Yeager and his school I think I will end up taking my money elsewhere. I wouldn't consider myself rich or poor but, $400 is a lot of money just to 'try' out a course.

• Administrator
Also I hear that they teach magazine non-retention which to me doesn't make sense.

That's probably one of the things I'd agree with them on, actually. In a civilian self-defense shooting I've been taught by several instructors to not worry about magazine retention during the heat of the fight but rather to streamline the process and get the weapon back into action as quickly as possible, using as few wasted movements as possible.

he unprofessional manner in which Mr. Yeager responded to the OP's (what I perceived as hostility) is in my opinion completely unexcusable.

Because of the stigma associated with Mr. Yeager and his school I think I will end up taking my money elsewhere. I wouldn't consider myself rich or poor but, $400 is a lot of money just to 'try' out a course.

Those two points are a good example of cause an effect and I agree with your final conclusion. James has always been cordial to me and his instructors likely teach good material, but there are plenty of other instructors out there who teach good material as well but don't carry the baggage that TR does. It's truly a buyer's market when it comes to firearms training.

Guest stevenhman

David - I can see the reasoning behind that idea.

Dan - Thanks, I hope that your son is doing well! I'm liking civilian life pretty well. I'm going to MTSU on the new GI Bill, it's great!