What the heck is going on?

mav

It seems these flash mobs are becoming more prevalent. I was just reading this morning that we now have massive beatings at a state fair. WTF?

Scare at State Fair: witnesses describe mobs, including some claiming racially-charged attacks - TODAY'S TMJ4

Its too bad that this type of crap doesn't occur at a gun owners pinic or something similiar. The problem would be solved very quickly.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its more open, mass communication and so on, combined with more people/crowds. Today, if a mob forms we know about it around the world, 50 years ago, it was known locally but hushed up past that. Today, there are hundreds/thousands of people jammed into a small area on a regular basis, back when, not so often. Also, times are hard and that brings out the worst in some people. Take a high population with a few angry/unstable people... toss them into a confined area ... make it hot and miserable outside... and give them an excuse to beat someone up, any excuse at all... see what happens?

Guest Victor9er
I've got a question. I'm NOT racist, but when was the last time you heard of a mob of white people attacking blacks?
The KKK.

Rodney King

Guest 808-South
The KKK.

Many use the past to justify thier actions in the present. I call BullSh*t...

"Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing. Right is right even if no one is doing it"

Guest nicemac
Many use the past to justify thier actions in the present. I call BullSh*t...

"Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing. Right is right even if no one is doing it"

I wasn't trying to justify anything, just answering the question… I mean, it's not like it has never happened.

I agree with the quote.

Guest 6.8 AR

This kind of so-called spontaneous violence is

called for by some very sick radicals egging

certain groups into this. People like Van Jones

make their living by promoting this kind of

behavior. There are many other examples.

It's part of their plan to keep on destroying

our society. They are the generation that

will be lost. Not getting better any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest 808-South
I wasn't trying to justify anything, just answering the question… I mean, it's not like it has never happened.

I agree with the quote.

Those who commit the crimes is who I was pointing to. They are the one that use the past to justify thier actions of the present.

Wow, I remember when breaking a window or a bottle on the street is what us bad guys did.

I am not making excuses, but kids are powder kegs these days. With the exception of school activites/chores many kids have no productive outlets so they do stupid crap like this.

I use discipline at home and spending crap loads of money on outside activities to keep my kids occupied. Everyone is not able to do that. Even then it simply comes down to the kids decision making skills.

This stuff is not new. If we had 24hr new back in our youth similar stories would have been reported on the nighly news in our time.

Let's not pretend that some of us older guys never fought, got drunk, experimented with illegal substances, had premarital sex and were at times general *******s. Teens of every generation do dumb sh*t regardless of color!

All we adults can do is guide them in the proper way and hope that they don't make stupid life altering decisions.

Those who commit the crimes is who I was pointing to. They are the one that use the past to justify thier actions of the present.

I don't think that those actions had anything to do with justifying their past. They were simply being stupid jerk wads and they happened to be black. Were the men who happened to be white guys in Texas attempting to justify their past when they dragged a black man to his death behind their pickup truck?

We live in a society where unfortunately race still plays a huge factor with the ignorant, scared and uninformed. I don't believe that Van jones wants to destroy this country any more than Glenn Beck does. I am willing to bet that does idiots that performed this crime could not tell you who Van Jones is. I agree that they may be a lost generation, but they have no intentions of destroying this great country of ours. They are simply living their hopeless lives doing what ignorant hopeless people do.

When and if they are apprehended and it can be proven that this was a hate crime the suspects should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Edited by LINKS2K
Guest TresOsos

I wonder if there ain't some "community organizi'n" go'in on.

But that's right lets make excuses for the offenders " my baby didn't do nuffin".

I had thought seriously about whether or not to start this thread. I decided to create it not to stir racial prejudices, but to point out the blatant double standard within the media. Personally, I couldn't care less what color the perpetators where. However, if this had been white on black, white on latino, or white on anything but white, then we would have a media circus over the event. You would have had every self-proclaimed black leader filling the airwaves demanding justice. Heck, I bet even Obama would have made a few stupid comments on the matter. The media's lack of reporting on this incident and previous incidents (flash mobs) is appalling. I guess they are too busy smearing patriotic americans voicing their dissapproval of the federal government by calling them terrorists.

Guest TresOsos
I had thought seriously about whether or not to start this thread. I decided to create it not to stir racial prejudices, but to point out the blatant double standard within the media. Personally, I couldn't care less what color the perpetators where. However, if this had been white on black, white on latino, or white on anything but white, then we would have a media circus over the event. You would have had every self-proclaimed black leader filling the airwaves demanding justice. Heck, I bet even Obama would have made a few stupid comments on the matter. The media's lack of reporting on this incident and previous incidents (flash mobs) is appalling. I guess they are too busy smearing patriotic americans voicing their dissapproval of the federal government by calling them terrorists.

This is the very reason you had better hope that no CCW holder of the wrong persuasion kills one of these youths.

I agree with you completely, but I always wanted to know what a "black leader" is? Jackson and Sharpton are nothing but opportunist that take advantage of poor blacks and hispanic communities just like some on the right convince poor people to vote against their best interest. None of them are any good.

If a person is a criminal, nuke his/her behind regardless of color. If a disproportionate amount of the criminals happen to be black nuke their butts. Crime is crime and it has no color.

I agree with you completely, but I always wanted to know what a "black leader" is? Jackson and Sharpton are nothing but opportunist that take advantage of poor blacks and hispanic communities just like some on the right convince poor people to vote against their best interest.

That is the reason I stated "self-proclaimed" black leader.