Interesting forwarded email I got .....

During World War Two Yamamoto declared: You cannot invade the mainland United States, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

The world's largest army... America 's hunters! A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion: There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin . Allow me to restate that number.. Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.. More men under arms than in Iran . More than in France and Germany combined. These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed. That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia , and don't forget the the 1,169,667 in Texas , so it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those five states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. The point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower. Hunting - it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.* That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed. Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

Author unknown ....

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave
Good to know the Chicoms would have to start in California.

They might have to start in LA and SF...but once they move past there...they have farmers and ranchers to deal with...LOL...I betcha they got guns....know they do...LOL

News Releases

Curcuruto noted the findings were a bright spot when considering national hunting license sales totals from all 50 states showed little change from 2005 through 2007 (the most recent year that figures are available). During that period, license sales have held at approximately 14.5 million annually, according to that U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.

As of 4 years ago.

2/3/2010 - Hunting License Sales Increase in 2009 - Outdoors - Chattanoogan.com

According Barry Sumners, Federal Aid Coordinator for TWRA, there were 497,398 Tennessee hunting licenses sold in 2009. Sumners points out that the number of actual hunters may be larger. That figure does not include 55,000 Lifetime License holders or 150,000 permanent Senior Citizen License holders.

Approximately 700,000 in TN.

Interesting info on the size of armies around the world... List of countries by number of troops - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China has the largest "active duty" army at 2.3 million. We are 2nd at 1.6 million.

North Korea has the largest active duty + formal reserve army at 9.3 million. Followed closely by South Korea at 8.7 million. We have 3 million.

If you include what they consider "paramilitary", which they don't really define, Russia is by far the largest at 21.8 million.

Edited by peejman
I agree, and have always said it would be stupid for anyone to invade Tennessee ("The patron state of shootin' stuff").

GA is still eye-balling at our river!

You know, had they just ask for some water it would have been one thing but they want to just take.

Last year when they were flooding, I wanted to turn the whole dam river lose on them and wait for them to beg us to take it back.

think i read somewhere several years ago that Yamamoto accually didnt say that but it has been so long cant remember where

Maybe, maybe not, but he was educated here if my memory serves, and tried to tell the leaders that getting into it with us was a bad idea. It sort of sounds like him, but maybe it was not.

The movie "Red Dawn" always comes to mind when this topic comes up. Only in my version it's a bunch of us good ol' boys hollering "from my cold dead fingers" as we single handedly repell the invasion before the military can even get mobilized. Of course in the aftermath, the fine folks at Sam Adams and Yuengling are so grateful they become a non-profit and give us all the beer we want for life. Yep, that's the way it should go down alright.

Maybe, maybe not, but he was educated here if my memory serves, and tried to tell the leaders that getting into it with us was a bad idea. It sort of sounds like him, but maybe it was not.

Isoroku Yamamoto - Wikiquote

under Misattributed.

Both the blade of grass and waking a sleeping gaint are listed as Misattributed.. However we know he was educated in the US.

However they fit with some of his other knows quotes, so it is possible the source has just been lost to history and prehaps he did say them.