RK at the Expo center

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, I miss it already.

We have a gun show down here in a week or two. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the shows in Knoxville.

Road trip John?

Will wait on your report. I bet shows down there probably have more stuff at higher prices. Maybe instead of pickled eggs and beef jerky they'll have jerk gator and Cuban sammiches....and no OhShoot waiving blades around. :)

not a good show for me, tried to sell and barely got five looks, maybe one half serious.

I did not see much buying going on.

OS got the hard sell for a sword, funny stuff. That'l teach him to say five dollar knife ever again.

I walked aroud and got disgusted with most of the dealers prices.

One dealer had an older Savage iwth a sctratched up synthetic stock and finish wear. No scope with a $900 price tag. Said it was a Tactical Savage but I guess he doesn't realize brand new the exact same gun is under $700. I was on the hunt for a Taurus for my wife and found a nice used one unfortunately the asking price $425. I can get the same gun new through Bud's for $322. Even the new ones were over $450 then with tax and TICS I am looking at over $500. The same gun through Bud's would have cost me $362 out the door.

This is why I will not buy from local dealers anymore and only use them for transfers. Hell if they want to compete why not just buy from Bud's, add 10% and make a killing with quantity.

There were a few deals to be had though. Found an Anschutz bolt gun for $160 but unfortunately I am already neck deep in bolt guns and don't really want to buy it to resell. It is about 1/2 what it should be worth. There was also a Savage 30-06 bolt action that was marked $325 so the private seller would probably come down a little more. It would make a nice SHTF rifle.

I may head back today to pick up some rimfire ammo. I especially don't like the Expo Center shows anymore. The security steals people's ammo by taking it without due process through the courts. I have spoke to the Knox County DA's office and they said the security at the Expo Center are breaking the law by seizing private property without authority to do so. They can ask you to leave, ask you to put it away or bar you from entering but they cannot take your ammo. Expo Center policy doesn't trump law and one's private property cannot be taken by another private party without a court order. It is the same as if I posted a sign at the end of my driveway that says no $20 bills on the property. And when someone comes on my property with a $20 in their wallet I seize it. Private property is private property regardless as to whether it is ammo or anything else. And private property cannot be taken without due process. Again, they are breaking the law and it is only a matter of time.

Dolomite

Could not believe the line to get in yesterday. Saw to good deals. Older 12ga 870 with 2 barrels for 269.00 otd in really nice shape. That was grabbed up while I was standing there. And a 1898 Springfield 30/40 Krag all original for 450.00. Heck I saw 2 different sporterized ones that were beat to hell for more than that there.

If you want a new commonly available pistol, I think it's still a quite good venue for that. One of the 3 or 4 biggest vendors there, like T&T, will generally be real close to the best brick and mortar price you're gonna find. And of course, nowhere are you going to be able to put hands on a bigger array of them.

- OS