Stars and stripes shooting sports, Maryville, Tn.

Guest bulluck533

One of my buddies went down there the other day and talked to them about what people thought about that policy. The lady quoted " The reactions have been pretty cruel" haha. Good to hear that though.

Edited by bulluck533
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an email from them, they are rewriting the policy and we are now allowed to carry in their store.

Good News dralarms.

Joe (at Hero Gear) had some really nice window decals made up with "Handgun Carry Permit Welcome" on them. Think there is a thread somewhere around here with the details/ exact wording. It definitely was nice to have no doubt that you were welcome as an HCP holder.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pantherpusstis

The sign on the door of Stars & Stripes Shooting Sports says this: " If you have a TN permit to carry, your concealed carry firearm is OK. For the safety of our customers, us, neighboring businesses, and people outside, In case of accidental discharge, please be sure any firearms coming in to the store for trade, to show, or for sale ARE NOT LOADED."

I was there today, and they have lots of guns on sale for the weekend. Really nice people.

...For the safety of our customers, us, neighboring businesses, and people outside, In case of accidental discharge, please be sure any firearms coming in to the store for trade, to show, or for sale ARE NOT LOADED."

That don't make no sense. I'll not even start in on the concealed part.

The sign on the door of Stars & Stripes Shooting Sports says this: " If you have a TN permit to carry, your concealed carry firearm is OK. For the safety of our customers, us, neighboring businesses, and people outside, In case of accidental discharge, please be sure any firearms coming in to the store for trade, to show, or for sale ARE NOT LOADED."

I was there today, and they have lots of guns on sale for the weekend. Really nice people.

Now that is about as straight forward and clear as you can get.

...For the safety of our customers, us, neighboring businesses, and people outside, In case of accidental discharge, please be sure any firearms coming in to the store for trade, to show, or for sale ARE NOT LOADED."

So, only in the case of an accidental discharge do they request that a firearm be unloaded? :rolleyes::P Seems like it would be better to say something similar to "In order to prevent an accidental discharge" instead of "In case of an accidental discharge..."

Not that it matters much. Intent of the sign seems pretty clear. :up:

Guest Pantherpusstis

To GARUFA: I don't understand what you mean. They are saying that You can have your concealed weapon. If you take a gun in to trade, or to show them, or to sell, just make sure it's not loaded. Accidents can happen when you handle a loaded weapon.

Edited by Pantherpusstis

went in and talked to the mam and woman there. both were very nice .some of the prices were alittle high but they have to make a living to.i would rather go there than some pawn shop .i will go back from time to time to see how much more they will start to carry.

To GARUFA: I don't understand what you mean. They are saying that You can have your concealed weapon. If you take a gun in to trade, or to show them, or to sell, just make sure it's not loaded. Accidents can happen when you handle a loaded weapon.

I fully understand the intent of the sign but am merely commenting on the poorly worded notice.

Are open carriers welcome?

Guest Pantherpusstis
I fully understand the intent of the sign but am merely commenting on the poorly worded notice.

Are open carriers welcome?

Well, I guess we can't all be English teachers HaHaHa!!! I did happen to notice someone in there the day I was there, that carried openly. It was after I left, and was walking by, so I didn't see if it was a sheriff's dep. or anything. Best thing to do is call them :)

I know the guy that owns WD sports and he is a TOOL and GAINT ASS. (Enough said). I have a short story about gunnys in maryville, I had just bought a pistol from Buds gun shop and I just wanted to see if I got a good deal. They had the same pistol for $200 more than I payed, so I asked why are there prices so high and they told me if I did not like there prices go somewhere else. So we had a few more words (censered) and I will never go in there again and I hope they never sell another gun.

I know the guy that owns WD sports and he is a TOOL and GAINT ASS. (Enough said). I have a short story about gunnys in maryville, I had just bought a pistol from Buds gun shop and I just wanted to see if I got a good deal. They had the same pistol for $200 more than I payed, so I asked why are there prices so high and they told me if I did not like there prices go somewhere else. So we had a few more words (censered) and I will never go in there again and I hope they never sell another gun.

Not a fan of Gunny's or WD. Looks like the only place that is always good with people is Bill's Outpost.

yeah, Gunnys shop is a turd...been in there 2 times...once only to do my fingerprints and the second to shoot on a womans free day..place was high priced, the range was crap...and i will continue to keep my gun business with Bills and shooting with Frontier.

Guest twpayne75

Until you have spent an excessive amount of time in gun shops, you don't realize how stupid some of the patrons are.

Countless times I have seen people bringing in guns to sell. (usually junk) They hand them to the owner. As he starts to check the chamber they tell him it's not loaded. More often than not as he opens the chamber a round flies out. Then they simply look at him as if it's nothing and say "huh, I thought it was unloaded".

Although their sign may not be worded perfectly, I understand it's meaning and why. Unfortunately those who it is aimed at will pay no attention to it and never think to check their weapons before entry.

I had been to Maryville on 10/27 so I stopped by Stars & Stripes just to see what they had and,,,,,,,,,,,besides, I like gun shops:D. I found the signage at the door that welcomed "anyone with a legal firearm and a HCP" or very close wordage. My experience was positive. They had a handgun that I had wanting for a while and when negotiations were complete it was priced right, better than I had been able to obtain elsewhere. I found Carol to be very accommodating to my questions and her husband, I guess it was to be helpful as well. Anyway, I walked out with a new toy, a couple consumable things I needed and a decent feeling. BTW, they were both open carrying.

They are in the new small strip mall adjacent to the Wallmart on US 411.

Edited by oldogy
address