How I feel about bikers haha

TLRMADE

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with bicyclists is that they don't use their hand turn signals, they blow through red lights and stop signs, and they act like they constantly have right of way. Also, American roadways were not designed for people to be pedaling bicycles down them. American roads were designed for long distance travel in vehicles with engines. You wanna ride a bike, go to Europe where they actually still have small towns that you can ride a bike across in 15 minutes. Don't do it in a city like Nashville, in the middle of the road, turning onto whatever road you want without stopping at the sign, without signaling, and right into vehicular traffic that could and SHOULD splatter you into the highway. I swear if I become a metro cop I am issuing citations every time I see someone on a bicycle ignoring the rules.

Nevertheless you have to admit that damn near every person on a bicycle acts like they can do whatever they want regardless of vehicle traffic. That, and I can't tell you how many times I almost got ran into at LSU by some dick on a bicycle comin' around the corner of a building as fast as he can pedal. These experiences leave me with nothing but contempt for bicyclists.

Frankly I don't understand the animosity toward cyclists. Those folks pay taxes just like the rest of you do, and they have just as much right to be on unrestricted roadways as you do. :shrug:

No one's challenging their right to use the roadways. But many of the cyclists I've encountered seem to lack common courtesy, not to mention the way many of them just ignore traffic laws. I've seen many cyclists who just flat out deserve to get hit.

Being an avid biker. I would have to say there are smart riders and not so smart riders. But I can't count the number of times I have been "targeted" by people in auto's, especially when I am obeying the same rules of the road; left turns are especially dangerous. It seems that auto's think all bikers are out to "disrupt" their commute, bikers also feel that most auto's are out to kill them. I suspect the answer is somewhere in the middle; mutual respect. Bikers must set the example, and auto's have to understand the laws of gross tonnage doesn't apply.

My problem with bicyclists is that they don't use their hand turn signals, they blow through red lights and stop signs, and they act like they constantly have right of way. Also, American roadways were not designed for people to be pedaling bicycles down them. American roads were designed for long distance travel in vehicles with engines. You wanna ride a bike, go to Europe where they actually still have small towns that you can ride a bike across in 15 minutes. Don't do it in a city like Nashville, in the middle of the road, turning onto whatever road you want without stopping at the sign, without signaling, and right into vehicular traffic that could and SHOULD splatter you into the highway. I swear if I become a metro cop I am issuing citations every time I see someone on a bicycle ignoring the rules.

My problem with ignorant people is that when they see a few people doing something they don't like they will swear that everyone in a particular group is the same. You want to ticket cyclists? Be my guest.

No one's challenging their right to use the roadways. But many of the cyclists I've encountered seem to lack common courtesy, not to mention the way many of them just ignore traffic laws. I've seen many cyclists who just flat out deserve to get hit.
How is insinuating you'd like to shoot someone not challenging their right to be there?

I see far more people NOT on bicycles blatantly ignoring traffic laws putting real peoples lives in danger. Let's face it tue only person at risk is the bicyclist, but when you drive 85 on the interstate or turn right on red without stopping, no one posts a thread about that. It's the same old ***** different day with threads like this. Honestly how many cyclists do you pass in a month? And how many mins do you have to wait, 2,3 at most. I've never met a bigger bunch of whiney asses in my life.

I have no problem with cyclists that are courteous and don't expect the world to stop for them. It's the ones that ride in the middle of the lane at 5 mph with 18 cars in tow behind them that creates a danger for everyone. I don't want to hit anyone, so I always TRY to give a wide margin. If the cyclist is hogging the road though, it often forces the autos into oncoming traffic. Personally, if I ever have to ride a bike on a roadway, I keep to the shoulder.

Honestly how many cyclists do you pass in a month?

I'm not sure why your rant is directed at me, but in Williamson County? You'd be amazed. They're everywhere. My wife will tell you the same thing, and she is the most long suffering person I know.

Whiney ass? Not by a long shot.

I'm not sure why your rant is directed at me, but in Williamson County? You'd be amazed. They're everywhere. My wife will tell you the same thing, and she is the most long suffering person I know.

Whiney ass? Not by a long shot.

Because you stated that certain people deserve to be hit by a car. I think that is ridiculous. I don't care if your stuck behind them for an hour, or if they do break tesffic laws, no one deserves to be hit by a car. And its that mentality that makes law abiding cyclists a target by moterists. Reality is they have a right o be on the road, end of story. If they break traffic laws, call a cop and report them. Bike color, jersey, etc. They are legally bound to obey the law like all other people on the road.

Because you stated that certain people deserve to be hit by a car. I think that is ridiculous. I don't care if your stuck behind them for an hour, or if they do break tesffic laws, no one deserves to be hit by a car. And its that mentality that makes law abiding cyclists a target by moterists. Reality is they have a right o be on the road, end of story. If they break traffic laws, call a cop and report them. Bike color, jersey, etc. They are legally bound to obey the law like all other people on the road.

Oh, well, let me rephrase that then, since some here seem to be so thin-skinned about it. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings...

Anyone who is stupid enough to ride a bicycle on a busy thoroughfare with no shoulder where automobiles are traveling fast enough to maim or kill someone because the driver is distracted by his or her cell phone or radio or whatever is asking for it. Is that an untrue statement?

Oh, well, let me rephrase that then, since some here seem to be so thin-skinned about it. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings...

Anyone who is stupid enough to ride a bicycle on a busy thoroughfare with no shoulder where automobiles are traveling fast enough to maim or kill someone because the driver is distracted by his or her cell phone or radio or whatever is asking for it. Is that an untrue statement?

Yes it's untrue. You are obviously unable to grasp the idea that cyclist should be able to reasonably expect to ride and not get run over. Accidents happen, it's a risk the rider has to assume.

Edited by Lumber_Jack
Yes it's untrue. You are obviously unable to grasp the idea that cyclist should be able to reasonably expect to ride and not get run over. Accidents happen, it's a risk the rider has to assume.

Don't be stupid. I am perfectly able to grasp that. I don't wish anyone any harm, but in my experience, it's those of us in the automobiles who are expected to share the road, and not the other way around.

I'm done with this.