Glock 36 CCW ?

red dirt

Hello, I'm wondering about first hand experiences with the Glock 36. I have a 19 and 26 which I love as well as a Kimber UC II but looking for a backup carry in .45. I like the singlestack vs the G30.

Any opinions or experience ?

I've also seen some of the smaller 1911s , the SA and S&W appeal to me...

suggestions appreciated and welcome.

Thanks

-red

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Glock 26 and a 36. Similar size. I don't normally carry either one but both have been flawless. They just run like they are supposed to do and I would not hesitate to carry either one. I do like the single stack in a .45 ACP. Love them both.

I Have had one for a little over a year now and love it. Didnt like the limited capacaity (6+1) so put I on a Pierce +1, mag/grip extension. Love it! I also had a G30 and although very similar in size, there was something about the 36 I liked better plus, the G30 wasnt much different in size than the M&P .45 midsize I had been carrying for a couple years so I traded it. Now I alternate between the M&P and the G36, but must admit the G36 is more comforatble. I Have put a few hundred rounds of WWB through it, as well as a few Golden Sabre and Hornady Critical Defense, all with 0 problems.

I think Jimbo100 has the G-3645ACP confused with another Glock, it's larger than the G-26 9x19. Overall the G-26 is the same size as the G-19/23, with the grip and slide being slightly thinner. It's not as comfortable or easy to shoot as the G-19 but more comfortable than a LW Colt Officers Model 1911 Compact. I've had all of the above pistol's and still have the G-36 but time will tell on that.

If you want the G-36 then go for it, but FWIW the G-19 and G-26 are fine for SDC at any time, just use the right type of ammunition. Regardless, it's all about finding out what works best for you so good luck.

I traded my G36 recently for a M&P 9L (why the 9L - simply a target of opportunity). Although I like Glocks, to an extreme some say, and my G36 was very comfortable to carry with a grip reduction, with stippling of both the gun and Pearce +1 extensions, I wasn't as comfortable using it as a carry gun as I wanted to be. In a peacetime paper punching two-handed grip in a modified Weaver stance it was fine. If for some reason I had to shoot the G36 one-handed weak-hand it was harder and slower than I like. For the right owner with the right training and skills it works like, well - like a Glock. Additionally I have some soft tissue issues in my right wrist and elbow and it aggravated those more than I get with Glock 9mms.

I have had 2 G36's. (Identical in size to a 19. Even snapped into my kydex Comp-Tac paddle just like my 19.) Both shot very accurately, but for some reason had feeding issues with mags with extensions on them. Did fine with regular mags. Even did fine with the mags when I took the extensions off. I wanted that extra round, though, so I sold them. Got a G30SF, and have had zero problems.

I have a Glock 36 that I carry sometimes. I have a +1 magazine extension on it. This gives me 8 shots. The only thing I don't like about it is with the 6 round magazine it pinches a blood blister on my pinky when I shoot it. With the magazine extension it doesn't do it. The gun has never failed to go bang and is accurate at 7-10 yards, which is what I shoot at the range. I also have a Glock 19 that is so close to the same size that my holsters are interchangeable.

My G36 is my EDC. I love the size and how it shoots. What more can you ask for?

I thought you got it because it was the same model number as the Smith and Wesson you sold me, just to avoid confusion :up:

Seriously, the G36 is on my short list of Glocks to get. I'm a big 45 ACP fan, but don't carry it because my 1911 makes my pants hang funny.

I definitely must have a thing for model "36" firearms. The difference mike is that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that S&W. LOL ....and I just knew sub-consciencely that you needed it. I did see a model 36 S&W a while back that look like it was brand new condition, but from the early 80's. Some older guy was trading it in on something and it looked like it had never been out of the box.

I am a former owner of the Glock36. It was a very good little gun, but I like the Glock30 better. The 36 was very accurate and easily concealed, but I did not like the recoil. I have owned a G30 and loved it, but as stated by a previous poster the G30SF is the hands down winner. I don't notice the recoil at all when shooting the 30SF. Try the G36. It's a Glock, so you know that it will function. Rent one, shoot it and decide if it's the way to go.

Good luck

i got a g36 and i do not carry it. i carry a g23. not much different in the size between the two, so i go for more rounds that the g23 gives me. now my g36 has never given me any problems. in fact i took it out this weekend and put 100 plus rounds down range without any problems.