My wait starts now

Just got back from the DMV. I was in and out in 30 minutes.

I was instructed to call L-1 Identity solutions and schedule a fingerprint appointment. I scheuled it 15 minutes from the time I called. I had to answer a few verification questions and away I went.

Fringerprinted 15 mintues later. Super easy process.

Now I wait.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest President Fernatt
I know ............. I know........... I set myself up for that one....... who will be the first to bit?

No biting. lol

and Nashville Slim, 30 minutes is a steal! I was there a lil over an hour when I got mine done. Had the Permit within 16 days (some are even getting mailed faster than that!)

My wife and I were third and forth in line at the DMV last tuesday morning here in Chattanooga. It STILL took an hour and half to get through. Apparently they had a computer malfunction the day before so everyone who was waiting the day before and didn't get to go through got a free pass the next morning. I was ok with it till people showed up an hour after the DMV opened and were getting to go ahead of everyone else. Oh well, its done and hopefully wont have to go back for a long time.

nice! i went to the DMV in murfreesboro on Friday, same story for me...in and out in 30 min. I showed up about 330 and was out by 4. Got fingerprinted near my office monday...now im waiting as well. Its good to hear people are getting theirs in a couple weeks....Waiting sucks.

Guest Jollydogg

Nice man. 30 minutes is awesome. Took me about an hour when they first opened at the one in West Nashville. I JUST got my HCP carry permit today in the mail (woohoo, not intending to hijack your thread.), and I submitted my application on 10/3. I did my fingerprints on 9/30.

So.... let's see.... approximately 17 business days? Not too bad. Not even a month wait.

Glad to hear it didn't take long, I'm on day 9 right now and being the incredibly impatient guy that I am I called today "just to make sure my fingerprints had been recieved". The lady was somewhat short with me (I don't really blame her it's barely been a week) and said yes they had come in. She didn't say anything about whether or not it had been issued and I didn't ask but I wish I would've. BTW JollyDogg are those dates correct? Can you get the fingerprints done before you do the application?

Guest Jollydogg

Yes. You can do the finger prints before. My instructor actually recommended that we did that. I mean I had my application that next Monday, and they probably didn't receive the fingerprints until a few days afterwards anyway.

It'll be in the mail before you know it! Now I get to carry around my Glock in my car and feel confident about it. Feels good to know it's right near me if I need it!

Yeah I only have one firearm and it's a new Glock 19 I bought a month ago. I'm super happy about it, I have about 900 rounds through it and it's performed awesome. I've heard the Crossbreed Supertuck is a great holster so I'm planning on running down to D&Ts in Rivergate to grab one but I'm not sure what to use in the car. Any advice?

Yeah I only have one firearm and it's a new Glock 19 I bought a month ago. I'm super happy about it, I have about 900 rounds through it and it's performed awesome. I've heard the Crossbreed Supertuck is a great holster so I'm planning on running down to D&Ts in Rivergate to grab one but I'm not sure what to use in the car. Any advice?

the glove box?

I thought about carrying in the glove box but I think I want something a little more secure (as in the gun isn't moving around) and also as close as possible to the driver's seat. I've heard that with the Crossbreed Supertuck it's so comfortable that you can wear it while driving. Guess I'll have to find that out for myself...if my permit every gets here. It's been sooooo long....11 days...I actually had a dream I checked the mail today and it was in the mailbox but my name was spelled wrong. NashvilleSlim be sure to post when you get yours, but if it comes before mine I'ma be jealous as hell.

• 3 weeks later...