Smart A** local gunshop

Guest PrecisionFirearms

Greetings. I have had the pleasure of reading the first 4 or so pages of chatter revolving around an email response from my shop. I hesitated for about a half second before deciding to respond to what appears to be an already closed trial of our shop, staff, and customer service. Then I decided I would indeed take the time to clarify the issue and dispel any misleading comments that we are hateful, arrogant monsters here at Precision Firearms. I will begin with a paste of the entire original email so that everyone can start with a full picture (that's only fair Mr. Dolomite). Then I will attempt to scroll back through the above posts and answer each one accordingly, as time allows. Finally, I will challenge any of you who claim to have had a poor experience with our shop or staff to contact me directly with your issue in an attempt to work it out (something you did not do Mr. Dolomite).The bottom line is that all of us here at Precision Firearms strive to take good care of our customers. Any one of you who have visited us can attest to that fact.

Jeremy S. Goodwin

President

Precision Firearms, Inc

From: Precision Firearms, Inc. [mailto:websales@precisionfirearmsinc.com]

Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:07 AM

To:

Subject: RE: ARMSLIST: Message to seller at 11/12/2011 7:34:45 AM

Dear Sir or Madame,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Bushmaster BA50 we have listed on ArmsList. We have carefully reviewed your inquiry and believe we have an answer that may be of some benefit to you. We feel that one of the following three scenarios exist and have provided a respective solution to each:

Scenario One:

You’re bored.

Solution: We recommend that you try surfing websites such as YouTube, Facebook, or break.com

Scenario Two:

You are genuinely uneducated in variable markets, competitive price-points, free market strategies, etc…

Solution: There is no solution, or hope, for you. Crawl back in bed, cover yourself with your blanket and wait patiently for the rapture.

Scenario Three:

Your inquiry was an honest one and your intent was not to instigate but rather to sincerely learn why some things cost more at certain places and less at others.

Solution: This one stumped us for about three minutes. We could take the time to educate you on market fluctuations and competitive strategies, but we fear that you would immediately follow up with a question such as ‘Why is the sky blue’, or worse yet ‘Where do babies come from’. Therefore we must refer you to solution number two and offer a prayer for you.

We truly hope that this has been of some help and we wish you well.

Respectfully,

From: sender@smtp1.armslist.com [mailto:sender@smtp1.armslist.com] On Behalf Of reply

Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:35 AM

To: jgoodwin@precisionfirearmsinc.com

Subject: ARMSLIST: Message to seller at 11/12/2011 7:34:45 AM

Message from , hit 'reply' to reply to the original sender.

Message regarding post 'Bushmaster BA50 30" 10rnd 50BMG w/bi-pod'

REMEMBER: Avoid scams by dealing locally and NEVER send money orders, cashiers checks, or wire money to sellers.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/60/products_id/52780

Why is yours $3999 plus shipping and the one linked is $3852 shipped? Is there something extra that comes with the one you are selling?

I have ordered from Bud's on sevearl occassions and there are no hidden fees.This message sent from replyrequested@armslist.com on behalf of . Copyright Armslist LLC 2011.

Edited by PrecisionFirearms
Feel free to post your email. Keep other's information out of it.
Guest PrecisionFirearms
So I emailed a local shop in Seymour about the price they had something listed for. It was more than competitors so I aksed if there was anything included that wasn't listed in the ad to make up the difference in pricing. Some places do include additional items and because it was on online ad I was unsure if it did include anything other than the firearm.

This was their response:

This shop's response has made sure I will not do any business with them, and I was seriously considering it. It will also ensure I will tell everyone I know who to avoid them. They seem to be a all in one shop that does HCP classes as well as sell firearms.

PM me if you want their name so you can avoid these smart asses.

Dolomite

I'll begin with the others and work my way back to you.

Why is yours $3999 plus shipping and the one linked is $3852 shipped? Is there something extra that comes with the one you are selling?

THIS is what caused your response? THIS is what caused you to go into high insult mode? It just says to me that Dolomite pretty much described his email in the first post.

Edited by mikegideon
Guest PrecisionFirearms
Wow! How do businesses expect to compete if they cannot offer customer service? You can buy a gun anywhere, but you need customer service to really have a good business. I've been dealing with the "public" for 15+ years and have always treated others like I wish they would treat me. Definitely tell all your friends about this place and find a better, more customer oriented shop to deal with.

UncleJak, I agree wholeheartedly. We sell nothing different here than any other gun shop in America. Most of these guns rust and most will sink in water. The only thing that sets us apart from our competitors is how we treat people and deal with problems. I alone have logged nearly 20 years in customer service and management and much like you, treat people the way I would like to be treated. Sometimes even under much duress. My question to you however, would be why broadcast to all your friends a message that has been largely unconfirmed or unchallenged. It my experience that can only be chalked up as unprofessional and unfair to say the least. Just food for thought.

Guest Blister

I am neither. I am just a customer of the store. If ya don't believe me pm me and ya can call my boss Monday morning or ya can come by and see me at my construction site.

Guest PrecisionFirearms
People are going to price things how they want. Market will bear what is fair but as I have said before I will not support a local shop that is charging $200+ more or even more so one that feels the need to insult customers.

Their choice in how they handled it but they definitely cost themselves some sales in this tough economy.

Another thing is they charge a 20%-30% restocking on anything that is returned.

Dolomite

Mr. Dolomite, You are mistaken on this one and misquoting our policy. Industry standard is that all firearm sales are final. On this particular item we are offering a partial refund if the item were to be returned due to a non-approval from the governing body in the state the firearm were shipped to. Our policy here in the store, congruent with the industry, is that all firearm sales are final.

Guest bkelm18
Greetings. I have had the pleasure of reading the first 4 or so pages of chatter revolving around an email response from my shop. I hesitated for about a half second before deciding to respond to what appears to be an already closed trial of our shop, staff, and customer service. Then I decided I would indeed take the time to clarify the issue and dispel any misleading comments that we are hateful, arrogant monsters here at Precision Firearms.

Any shop owner that gave a flip about customer service wouldn't hesitate at all about righting any wrongs and doing what they could to take care of any current or future customers. Closed trial? Please. That last thing Gordon (Dolomite) would do is promote hateful or misleading comments. Several people have seconded his opinion with first hand experience, including myself. Guess I'll get my popcorn. I suspect this is about to get interesting.

Edited by bkelm18
Guest PrecisionFirearms
Someday they will sit around wondering why they went out of business.

RoadKill,

Have we wronged you personally in some way? I'm not quite sure what to say about this one. It is a daily struggle to make any business work in our current economic 'crisis'. I wager however, that if one day we were forced to decide to close up shop, as it were, that we would have a very good idea which factors contributed the most.

UncleJak, I agree wholeheartedly. We sell nothing different here than any other gun shop in America. Most of these guns rust and most will sink in water. The only thing that sets us apart from our competitors is how we treat people and deal with problems. I alone have logged nearly 20 years in customer service and management and much like you, treat people the way I would like to be treated. Sometimes even under much duress. My question to you however, would be why broadcast to all your friends a message that has been largely unconfirmed or unchallenged. It my experience that can only be chalked up as unprofessional and unfair to say the least. Just food for thought.

YOU just confirmed it by posting the complete email. The question... "Does your high end rifle have a different feature set and this one?". Your response was arrogant and insulting. Good luck getting anyone to see it any other way.

• Like 1
Well I can honestly say that I have been in Precision Firearms over a hundred times and have always gotton great customer service. They have went above and beyond to order four guns for me in the last 6 months. Even getting me sequential serial numbers on a set of limited edition nra pistols. I figure if someone can't figure out how one of the largest gun distributors can be cheaper than a locally owned and operated store.....well ya deserved the answer ya got. I personally enjoy a business owner that won't kiss my ass and tells me his honest opinion.

In response,

I generally go out of my way to give business to the locally owned shops. I will go in to a place and let them know that I found something at a lower price elsewhere and how much it was. Many times they will do what they can to compete. I do not expect them to go broke servicing me; I do however expect to be treated with respect. Sometimes they can meet or beat the price but many times they cannot, this does not mean that I take my business elsewhere. Many times I still purchase the item at the local shop as I enjoy working face to face with people and the value of customer service is worth a lot to me.

Any organization or business that would respond to a legitimate inquiry about a price, and or bundled items in that fashion has proven what they think of their clientele. To tell the person that they cannot compete, or to make an offer that may not be as lucrative but explaining that that is the best they can do as (give reason i.e. we don’t buy in bulk), is likely to gain a customer or still be in consideration for future purchases.

I would in no way consider this kissing my A**!

No question is stupid, if they asked in the first place it is because they were affording you the opportunity to gain or keep their business.

With that being said my business would most definitely go elsewhere and I would share my negative experience ambitiously and whole heartedly with many people, just as I share my positive experiences in the same manor.

Sincerely

Patrick Fries

Edited by pfries
Caught a spelling error
Guest PrecisionFirearms
I guess its easy to be a smart a** on the internet from what I saw the add doesn't have a phone # or location. I guess this would've required some one to give responsibile answers to real questions from a human being

laktrash,

You are correct. It does seem to be very easy to step outside ones normal behavior on the internet. That is exactly why none of our ads on these free sites have included our phone number. As you can clearly see, there are enough loose keyboards out there. We certainly do not have the manpower to field a multitude of daily phone calls from internet stalkers as well. I suspect that a number of folks agree with you, as I see no phone numbers in the posts lambasting my shop.

By the way, I can be reached at (865)223-7626 during normal business hours if you feel you would like to work through any issues you may personally have with my store or staff.

It is a daily struggle to make any business work in our current economic 'crisis'.

Then what on earth could have possessed you to type that response?

If someone doesn’t know how or why a local brick and mortar store would charge $147 more on a $4K rifle than the largest gun dealer on the internet, you would risk losing valuable customers by sending an email like that?

It’s shameful to see this happening on this forum. I think this is childish on both your parts, unfortunately for you it could impact your sales.

• Like 1
Guest bkelm18
A simple " This was in very bad taste. Not sure why we thought it would be good to insult a customer like this..We appologize!! " would do you a lot better than trying to backpeddle and trying to justify that response.

Tulip

This. The very first post made by Precision Firearms should have been an apology. At the very least some sort of explanation rather than essentially mimicking their arrogance in the letter and brushing it off.

Guest PrecisionFirearms
You should send this thread via email to the shop so they know how much they just hurt their business. I've been there once and it seemed overpriced so I didn't go back.

JohnnyFox,

Someone did indeed clue me in today as to what had occurred. I'm sorry you feel that we are blanket too high priced and have decided to never return. Many would disagree with you, but I do hear from time to time that we are high on a certain item. Conversely however, I do also hear from time to time that we are priced competitively low on that same item. It is hard to truly judge since I do not visit other shops. I will add though that most who have found lower or higher prices elsewhere on certain items do still tend to visit.

And the reason why I linked a competitor is to show the competitors pricing. The reason is when you tell someone that you have found it cheaper somewhere else their first question almost always is "where?" or "prove it". So I almost always provide a link if the item I am interested in is cheaper somewhere else. I do this to stop the back and forth emails that follow as well as gauge the seller before meeting them.

I have even done this to people on here, some chose a new lower price and some don't. Either way it doesn't upset me because it is their choice to sell an item and for what price. And as everybody who knows me knows I try to haggle the price on almost anything. And sometimes people refuse and sometimes they accept or in most cases we meet somewhere in the middle.

Dolomite

• Like 1
Guest PrecisionFirearms
Same here, I went in there one time and never again.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Hitower,

Any particular details? It's difficult for any business to correct an issue if you are not willing to share to details of whatever may have turned you off.