Smart A** local gunshop

In the past, I too have had a few pleasant email exchanges with Larry.

I have a friend in Columbia, MO who by chance a few months ago, became friends with Larry and Brenda Potterfield. I have been a customer of theirs for a number of years, but his description of them and their attitude has confirmed my patronage all the more. They are simple, down to earth, and heart-felt towards friends and customers alike. They seem to be good, decent people.

Larry's a smart business man too. He gets lots of my money, even though I always buy guns locally (except for the bulk of my AR parts).

Larry's a smart business man too. He gets lots of my money, even though I always buy guns locally (except for the bulk of my AR parts).

I don’t know Larry, but he gets a lot of my money. With my C&R he has some pretty good prices on scopes.

These are the posts originally posted by Precision Firearms up to page 16. I have decided to keep them for posterity reasons as it is possible for them to come back and edit them.

***********************************************************************************************

(http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/member.php?u=13299)

Precision Firearms of Tennessee || A premiere source for all things firearms

Post#52:

Greetings. I have had the pleasure of reading the first 4 or so pages of chatter revolving around an email response from my shop. I hesitated for about a half second before deciding to respond to what appears to be an already closed trial of our shop, staff, and customer service. Then I decided I would indeed take the time to clarify the issue and dispel any misleading comments that we are hateful, arrogant monsters here at Precision Firearms. I will begin with a paste of the entire original email so that everyone can start with a full picture (that's only fair Mr. Dolomite). Then I will attempt to scroll back through the above posts and answer each one accordingly, as time allows. Finally, I will challenge any of you who claim to have had a poor experience with our shop or staff to contact me directly with your issue in an attempt to work it out (something you did not do Mr. Dolomite).The bottom line is that all of us here at Precision Firearms strive to take good care of our customers. Any one of you who have visited us can attest to that fact.

Jeremy S. Goodwin

President

Precision Firearms, Inc

From: Precision Firearms, Inc. [mailto:websales@precisionfirearmsinc.com]

Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:07 AM

To:

Subject: RE: ARMSLIST: Message to seller at 11/12/2011 7:34:45 AM

Dear Sir or Madame,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Bushmaster BA50 we have listed on ArmsList. We have carefully reviewed your inquiry and believe we have an answer that may be of some benefit to you. We feel that one of the following three scenarios exist and have provided a respective solution to each:

Scenario One:

You’re bored.

Solution: We recommend that you try surfing websites such as YouTube, Facebook, or break.com

Scenario Two:

You are genuinely uneducated in variable markets, competitive price-points, free market strategies, etc…

Solution: There is no solution, or hope, for you. Crawl back in bed, cover yourself with your blanket and wait patiently for the rapture.

Scenario Three:

Your inquiry was an honest one and your intent was not to instigate but rather to sincerely learn why some things cost more at certain places and less at others.

Solution: This one stumped us for about three minutes. We could take the time to educate you on market fluctuations and competitive strategies, but we fear that you would immediately follow up with a question such as ‘Why is the sky blue’, or worse yet ‘Where do babies come from’. Therefore we must refer you to solution number two and offer a prayer for you.

We truly hope that this has been of some help and we wish you well.

Respectfully,

From:sender@smtp1.armslist.com [mailto:sender@smtp1.armslist.com] On Behalf Of reply

Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:35 AM

To: jgoodwin@precisionfirearmsinc.com

Subject: ARMSLIST: Message to seller at 11/12/2011 7:34:45 AM

Message from , hit 'reply' to reply to the original sender.

Message regarding post 'Bushmaster BA50 30" 10rnd 50BMG w/bi-pod'

REMEMBER: Avoid scams by dealing locally and NEVER send money orders, cashiers checks, or wire money to sellers.

Bushmaster 10 + 1 50 BMG w/ 30 " Barrel Black Finish & 10 Ro $3,852.00 SHIPS FREE

Why is yours $3999 plus shipping and the one linked is $3852 shipped? Is there something extra that comes with the one you are selling?

I have ordered from Bud's on sevearl occassions and there are no hidden fees.This message sent from replyrequested@armslist.com on behalf of . Copyright Armslist LLC 2011.

Post #55:

UncleJak, I agree wholeheartedly. We sell nothing different here than any other gun shop in America. Most of these guns rust and most will sink in water. The only thing that sets us apart from our competitors is how we treat people and deal with problems. I alone have logged nearly 20 years in customer service and management and much like you, treat people the way I would like to be treated. Sometimes even under much duress. My question to you however, would be why broadcast to all your friends a message that has been largely unconfirmed or unchallenged. It my experience that can only be chalked up as unprofessional and unfair to say the least. Just food for thought.

Post #59

Mr. Dolomite, You are mistaken on this one and misquoting our policy. Industry standard is that all firearm sales are final. On this particular item we are offering a partial refund if the item were to be returned due to a non-approval from the governing body in the state the firearm were shipped to. Our policy here in the store, congruent with the industry, is that all firearm sales are final.

Post #62

RoadKill,

Have we wronged you personally in some way? I'm not quite sure what to say about this one. It is a daily struggle to make any business work in our current economic 'crisis'. I wager however, that if one day we were forced to decide to close up shop, as it were, that we would have a very good idea which factors contributed the most.

Post #68

laktrash,

You are correct. It does seem to be very easy to step outside ones normal behavior on the internet. That is exactly why none of our ads on these free sites have included our phone number. As you can clearly see, there are enough loose keyboards out there. We certainly do not have the manpower to field a multitude of daily phone calls from internet stalkers as well. I suspect that a number of folks agree with you, as I see no phone numbers in the posts lambasting my shop.

By the way, I can be reached at (865)223-7626 during normal business hours if you feel you would like to work through any issues you may personally have with my store or staff.

Post #73

JohnnyFox,

Someone did indeed clue me in today as to what had occurred. I'm sorry you feel that we are blanket too high priced and have decided to never return. Many would disagree with you, but I do hear from time to time that we are high on a certain item. Conversely however, I do also hear from time to time that we are priced competitively low on that same item. It is hard to truly judge since I do not visit other shops. I will add though that most who have found lower or higher prices elsewhere on certain items do still tend to visit.

Post #75

Hitower,

Any particular details? It's difficult for any business to correct an issue if you are not willing to share to details of whatever may have turned you off.

Post #77

Mr. Nuts, I'm not sure what to say to this one. If you're not willing to pay us a visit and see for yourself if we're as bad as some say then I suppose there really isn't much that I can say.

Post #78

Mr. Kong,

Seems like that list could simply be a copy and paste from the phone book. But seriously though, was your experience with my staff an unpleasant one as well? Feel free to forward me any details if there is something you would like to share with me regarding you experience with our customer service.

Post #81

Mr. Dad,

I'm glad you brought that up. That would be the work of the crack production staff at the radio station. While it was optimistic on their part, we do not claim to have 'every round ever made'. That should be corrected very soon on their end.

Post #85

Mr. TMF,

You're passionate. That's very clear. Scares me a little that you may be that quick to pull the trigger on an issue you may not have all the details on - and you clearly carry a gun. If any of us here have wronged you personally then I will welcome and properly bear such label as a**clown. If we have not then I find it to be slightly unnecessary and unfair, and I suspect a label that you would not pin on us were we sitting at a table discussing this like rational people. I suppose this adds credence to the poster above who highlighted how easy it is to depart from one's normal behavior when corresponding online.

Post #95

Tulip,

They say the road to, well the bad place, is paved with good intentions. I am beginning to agree. No one is trying to backpeddle or justify anything. Rather, I was slightly shocked to see so many people who claim to have had a bad experience with our store and intended to garner details relating to those specific visits or simply filter out blind complainers who have no real gripe. The main issue is still on the table and will be settled directly with Mr. Dolomite. I appreciate your input and agree to a point. Just please don't misconstrue my attempts to clear up other issues as an attempt to negate Mr. Dolomite's complaint. Everyone on here is certainly entitled to their opinion of our performance as a whole. I would simply ask that those who have not experienced that performance, good or bad, stay their judgments until they see for themselves how normal business is conducted at Precision Firearms. That will be all I have on the matter tonight. Anyone interested in forming their own opinion of us as a whole, or anyone who may want to discuss a matter they have experienced previously can feel free to contact me.

Dolomite

Guest bkelm18
These are the posts originally posted by Precision Firearms up to page 16. I have decided to keep them for posterity reasons as it is possible for them to come back and edit them.

***********************************************************************************************

(http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/member.php?u=13299)

Precision Firearms of Tennessee || A premiere source for all things firearms

Post#52:

Post #55:

Post #59

Post #62

Post #68

Post #73

Post #75

Post #77

Post #78

Post #81

Post #85

Post #95

Dolomite

Don't want a repeat of Frontier's thread? :P

Glad you had a good experiance with his shop. But look at all the business this has cost him now. The more I read this the more it pisses me off. You never know who you are really talking to on the phone or in a email.

Yeah, but you're just a hothead! :P :P

I gotta agree with you. This is gonna cost them business. I'm not in that area much - but whenever I travel I try to stop in and checkout the local gunshops. You never know when something will have to follow me home. Based on the response here, I don't see myself ever darkening their door.

Gun owners have long memories. We all want to feel like the local gun shop wants our business, works to get it, and appreciates it.

I've heard my share of smartass remarks from some

of the Clarksville shops in the past and just

laughed them off and walked out. I think some

people just think the guns they are selling are

gold plated phalluses and customer service goes

out the window.

Never heard of that shop in Seymour and I imagine

more people will now stay away, but it's more common

than them. The good folks get my repeat business and

I don't mind paying them a little more if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked for the thread to be closed. Nothing more positive can be gained by letting it remain alive. Hopefully the owner will come in before that happens and try to salvage his reputation within this large group. He does have some dedicated customers by the number of PM's and emails I have received.

I understand everyone is living in hard, stressful times right now. But responding to a potential customer the way he did speaks volumes and doesn't help.

I wish the shop best wishes but I will not be a patron based solely on my very first interaction with them. What we do not need is less shops right now and hopefully this will not lead to that. If it does there is but one person to blame and that person is the one who wrote the belittling email.

Dolomite

Well this has been a good read! :)

Never heard of Precision so don't know anything about them, but now I can save myself a trip.

I just can't believe the owner wouldn't apologize for the email.... heck, he could have blamed someone else and said that one of the employees did it and has been dealt with. But no.... he seems to keep digging a deeper hole. This would be like going to a new car dealer and questioning the price on a car when another dealer has it cheaper only to have the salesman tell you that you're to stupid to understand pricing. :)

• Admin Team

The self-declared owner of the company does not appear to have been back on the site since Saturday evening. As such, I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread per the OP's earlier request.

That said, if anyone from the company in question would like a chance to respond to anything in this thread, please PM me, and I'll be happy to open it back up.