Time for a gun safe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine at home depot about 4 years ago...16 gun safe and fireproof 1400 degrees for 90 minutes I think. $350...this is a good time of year for a good safe at academyor dicks, or sportsmans warehouse at a sale price...

what price range safe are you looking for do you care where it is made USA safes are higher just private message me thanks Daryl

Edited by safes
I got mine from Lowes. It is fire rated for 30 minutes and has a combo dial lock. I know it's probably not the best, but for $300 I couldn't pass up a deal.

I got a safe from Lowes about two years ago. I hope Lowes still sells them, the first is getting full.

USA safes seem to be the better of the bunch,I looked at big store brands and was skeptical

Sonny,

The US safes are better quality if you choose the correct brand , there are plenty of US made models to choose from and you really don't have to pay much more to get a better safe. We keep a large inventory in stock at our two warehouses in Tenn and deliver to Memphis on a regular basis. If you would like, check out our website at www.nashvillesafehouse.com , you can view the different brands we carry and if you would like to discuss the pro's and con's of the different brands give us a call.

The Safe House is a licensed Tennessee Locksmith / Safe Tech's with over 18 years of safe experience. We sale and are authorized service providers for over 15 different safe manufacturers.:)

Tractor Supply has the Cannon 6040 with electronic lock every year on black Friday for $699. I got one last year. Plan to get a second this year. They were sold out last year and gave me a raincheck. great outfit to deal with.

I have the cannon and it is very nice. For the money it is a good deal. Is it as good as some of the others? Probably not but in a fire I have insurance to cover the guns. I mainly want to keep them away from the kids and heaven forbid a burglar. They also offer 6 or 12 months with no interest.

Sonny just got some american made 30 gun 10 gauge body 59 tall 39 wide 24 deep 830 lbs Rhino safe company $1299.00 & Tax if you need safe delivered will be in Memphis the week after Thanksgiving just give me a call 205-486-2320

Sonny just got some american made 30 gun 10 gauge body 59 tall 39 wide 24 deep 830 lbs Rhino safe company $1299.00 & Tax if you need safe delivered will be in Memphis the week after Thanksgiving just give me a call 205-486-2320

Hows that compare to your black friday safe on the other thread?

1200-1400 is my budget for USA made safe......

Hows that compare to your black friday safe on the other thread?

1200-1400 is my budget for USA made safe......

the other safe is china you said you want usa the other is bigger its a good safe to but china we got to send them people some money or they will call in our debt then we will be in trouble thats for sure

I have the Cannon 6040 from tractor supply and it was 799.00 on sale. it is a good safe. Before I got it I called Cannon

and they back it here with their warranty. I have been very happy with it. There are pros and con to all. But nobody can touch their warranty. I have my stuff insured. This is more for security. Every one has different needs. I looked for a year. It was not just the money.

Cannon Gun Safe, TS6040, 60 in. H, 36 Gun Capacity - 3910204 | Tractor Supply Company

http://www.tractorsupply.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirectStorefrontAssetStore/images/products/ProdContentPDFs/CannonWarranty.pdf

I have the Cannon 6040 from tractor supply and it was 799.00 on sale. it is a good safe. Before I got it I called Cannon

and they back it here with their warranty. I have been very happy with it. There are pros and con to all. But nobody can touch their warranty. I have my stuff insured. This is more for security. Every one has different needs. I looked for a year. It was not just the money.

Cannon Gun Safe, TS6040, 60 in. H, 36 Gun Capacity - 3910204 | Tractor Supply Company

http://www.tractorsupply.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirectStorefrontAssetStore/images/products/ProdContentPDFs/CannonWarranty.pdf

I love Cannon safes, I do more service calls on them than any other brand, keeps my service crew busy.......

Got a Cannon wide body last year on black Friday for $699. For the money they are hard to beat. They have them again this year for the same $699. I will be buying my second one Friday. I have had Browning, Liberty, and American Security in the past and would rate them higher than the Cannon but you can't touch one of them for anywhere near $699.

With the Cannon you get what you pay for, I've pried one of their TSC specials open with a crowbar in under two minutes, cheap price , cheap safe. Just Saying........

Did you make a video of that one? I watched some of the others you made.

Might make a good point.

Any residential safe can be broken in by a professional, It's the other deterrents that make it harder. Placement, mounting, system installed. Most people I know don't mount theirs. It is just sitting there to be pushed over and give better leverage.

My neighbor got robbed, they just loaded it up and took three safes. No alarm, no other deterrents.

I know there are better safes, but if you don't factor in other things. It is still just a metal box. BTW Insurance is great and needed if you own a few guns, but you don't get a break by having a safe.

Edited by R1100R

I'm not just picking on Cannon and TSC, go to most of the big box stores and their safes are sold on price, not quality. They have low fire ratings and are made out of thin metal, have very little hard plate to resist drilling, are easy to pry open , standing up or laying down on their backs, most are spot welded and can be beaten open with a small sledge hammer in under a few minutes. I have done warranty work on most of the low end safes sold at the local big box stores and have witnessed first hand the low quality and poor workmanship on these safes. It boils down to the market they are trying to reach, if all you need is a metal box then price is what you need to go on, but if you want a quality safe, not a metal box to protect your valuables then don't go to a big box store to purchase a quality safe. IMHO

I'm not just picking on Cannon and TSC, go to most of the big box stores and their safes are sold on price, not quality. They have low fire ratings and are made out of thin metal, have very little hard plate to resist drilling, are easy to pry open , standing up or laying down on their backs, most are spot welded and can be beaten open with a small sledge hammer in under a few minutes. I have done warranty work on most of the low end safes sold at the local big box stores and have witnessed first hand the low quality and poor workmanship on these safes. It boils down to the market they are trying to reach, if all you need is a metal box then price is what you need to go on, but if you want a quality safe, not a metal box to protect your valuables then don't go to a big box store to purchase a quality safe. IMHO

I would tend to agree with most of your observations. I would guess about 80% of gun thefts are kids looking for drug money and are not equiped to break into much of anything. They are just looking for a crime of opportunity and will move on to an easier score after seeing any safe. The next 15% are more advanced thieves and might assume the safe contained more valuable loot and might actually spend the time and energy to break in to it. The last 5% are true pros at what they do and no safe is going to stop them.

The question then becomes, Do you buy a cheap safe and plan having an 80% chance of stopping a thief or do you spend 2 or 3 times the money and increase your odds to 95%. Just depends on how much risk you are prepared to take. Life is full of risks and I am prepared to take a little more than some people. Others may be willing to pay more for less risk. It's a choice each individual has to make for himself.

Well I guess it doesn't matter where you buy a safe as long as you get one to keep the kids safe and thugs from stealing your guns and valuables easily. I wish I had the buying power Tractor Supply has so I could sell them that cheap, but they buy thousands of safes. In this day the way our economy is, people spend what they can on a safe. So I try to sell as cheap as I can and a lot of competitors don't like that, so they tell you not to drive out of state to buy a safe. Well I can save you money so if you can't come and see me, please go by Tractor Supply, Dick's Sporting Goods, Academy Sports, or Bass Pro and buy a safe. By the way I think we should thank all of the safe profesionals out there. Making videos and talking about breaking into safes; doesn't that make you feel real protected knowing everyone (burglars included) is watching them on the internet? Just some food for thought...

Edited by safes

buy bigger than you think you need because you will out grow it. mine is the cannon c33 and weigh 700 lbs empty .i got a very good deal on it when a sporting goods store went out of business a few years ago.it has 12 ga metal and a 1" door with 5 1" locking rods . it would take a while to get into it and even harder to carry off +it has the electronic lock found on atm machines.i think i payed around $700 for it

Edited by dou44